Sunraysia Football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
becktus said:
Here's something to think about, if robinvale do fold, which would be unfortunate, and i don't wish it upon any1. would any1 consider gol gol being included in the sfl? they have plenty of talent in their side, and would be more competitive than a few of the senior sides around at the moment.
They dont have the juniour structure or numbers to field 3 sides.....No way they would push any of the top 5 sides in town.....I know they have a lot of blokes who have played a lot of footy in town but many of them are past it and thats why they play there, obviously Vandenberg is an exception to this rule

becktus said:
Here's something to think about, if robinvale do fold, which would be unfortunate, and i don't wish it upon any1. would any1 consider gol gol being included in the sfl? they have plenty of talent in their side, and would be more competitive than a few of the senior sides around at the moment.

please becktus more than competitive u must be joking with merbein and red cliffs maybe but thats it every other side would smash them...

I reckon both Red Cliffs and Merbein would both knock them off. Most too old, too slow, too busy to make it in the SFL. South and Irymple Ressies and maybe Imps (with a full list) would knock them too.

Ibis100 said:
1. His last name is MILNE, not Milme you moron.
2. Balranald didn't lose too many games, they played in but they lost the Grand Final.
3. Just Confirmed on the phone by another Balranald player they lost a total of 4 or 5 games and finished second on the ladder. (Not sure what often losing means in your language but 4 or 5 for a year is pretty good in my books.
4. I have passed this info on to Adam, I hope he doesn't know you cause he didn't appreciate your comments too much.
5. If he was hired as a hitman and was sent off every week, that to me would mean he has done his job as requested in the terms of his contract.
6. Milne is a top bloke, you should really get to know people before you pass comment on them. Suffers a small case of white line fever, but one of the most genuine blokes off the ground I have known and anyone who knows Milney will agree.

7. And most importantly, Good luck if he finds you. You just might be on the end of one of those punches you talked about.

Hahahahaha, nice one Ibis. I agree that Milne does have a case of the white line fever but he is always approachable after the game for a beer and is a good bloke. You might wanna lay low for a while gofootygo ...

:D:D:D:D poor effort from Irymple for not naming a team in todays paper may I add. Are clubs fined for not getting their teams in to the paper on time? If not they should be ...:thumbsu:

:D:D:D:D poor effort from Irymple for not naming a team in todays paper may I add. Are clubs fined for not getting their teams in to the paper on time? If not they should be ...:thumbsu:[/quote]

Santoz Please jump off your high horse mate. Its not the clubs fault all sides have to sent through before they are picked. Not really practical in my book but i know due to the printing problems it cant be helped. Unlike Mildura most teams train and select there sides on thursday night not Wednesday. Dont worry Santoz u will see the Irymple side 4 key players down in a big way a saturday mate.

Delray said:
Santoz Please jump off your high horse mate. Its not the clubs fault all sides have to sent through before they are picked. Not really practical in my book but i know due to the printing problems it cant be helped. Unlike Mildura most teams train and select there sides on thursday night not Wednesday. Dont worry Santoz u will see the Irymple side 4 key players down in a big way a saturday mate.

Mate, it would be nice to be able to look at a side in the paper on Friday because the game has been pumped up so much, even if the side doesn't line up that way or with a few players swapped on game day.

High horse? I dunno where you've pulled that from but ok, whatever. You boys need knocking off your perch too don't forget. I'll get there bright and early to cheer the boys on, should be a hard fought contest.

VERA HICKEY said:
Heard a story that Sonny Lindsay may have celebrated his 11 goals a bit to hard down in Ouyen on Sat. Smashed a few windows in the main street and wanted to take on everyone. Just your regulation Sonny stuff.
Vera you tossa, I don't know where you got that crap from, he has been as good off the field as on.
You must be a Mildura follower with a name like Vera

Ibis100 said:
1. His last name is MILNE, not Milme you moron.
2. Balranald didn't lose too many games, they played in but they lost the Grand Final.
3. Just Confirmed on the phone by another Balranald player they lost a total of 4 or 5 games and finished second on the ladder. (Not sure what often losing means in your language but 4 or 5 for a year is pretty good in my books.
4. I have passed this info on to Adam, I hope he doesn't know you cause he didn't appreciate your comments too much.
5. If he was hired as a hitman and was sent off every week, that to me would mean he has done his job as requested in the terms of his contract.
6. Milne is a top bloke, you should really get to know people before you pass comment on them. Suffers a small case of white line fever, but one of the most genuine blokes off the ground I have known and anyone who knows Milney will agree.

7. And most importantly, Good luck if he finds you. You just might be on the end of one of those punches you talked about.
yeh good work w a n k e r, but i have actually meet milne and yes i will admitt yeah not a bad bloke off the ground thas is true, probally shouldn't of wrote what i worte, but in terms o been a :D:D:D:D player, no doubting that, a little bit of white line fever, i dont think so, a big case, i know for a fact that bal were more than unhappy with him last year, i am actually one of milnes victims of last year mate. have heard alot of bad things about him from this league not very liked man. weather that is his on or off feild attidude or not. sorry if i offended you or adam,but he is no football player, and i stand by that.

gofootygo said:
adam milme was playing for balranald last year in the cmfl, by far is he worst player in football history,over paid over weight, u name it, :D:D:D:D bloke to only thing going for him he can throw a punch and take one, was hired for a hit man, no doubt n he also struggled to pull that off as he was sent of probally once a week and then bal were left with 17 players and would get beaten often,lost alot of games due to big tough d i c k head milme

I agree Milne has a screw loose. If i were a coach i wouldn't want him in my side, to unpredictable, not rational and destructive to both teams! I seen him one time trying to bash down Mildura's room door at half time-never seen anything like it. Then he buys everyone a drink after the game......

gofootygo said:
yeh good work w a n k e r, but i have actually meet milne and yes i will admitt yeah not a bad bloke off the ground thas is true, probally shouldn't of wrote what i worte, but in terms o been a sh it player, no doubting that, a little bit of white line fever, i dont think so, a big case, i know for a fact that bal were more than unhappy with him last year, i am actually one of milnes victims of last year mate. have heard alot of bad things about him from this league not very liked man. weather that is his on or off feild attidude or not. sorry if i offended you or adam,but he is no football player, and i stand by that.

You actually called him a sh it bloke and a tough di c k he ad. Thats not saying he was a :D:D:D:D footballer.

As a past coach of Adam I will say that he could be difficult to handle, but if managed correctly he can be a very valuable member to the team. He was playing very good footy in the late 90's and was a member of the sunraysia interleague team so he can play a bit. I remember the Mildura Game and I also remember a day in Wentworth that I had to physically drag him into the rooms at half time because he wanted to go inside the Wentworth Rooms, but I understood why he did and if someone had said to me what they did to him, I would have tried to as well.

He is one of the funniest blokes you could meet and his enthusiasm on the training track is infectious and makes training enjoyable for everyone there.

The thing is, everyone knows how he will react and some coaches use that incorrectly.

Anstey adds to Mildura stocks
13 May 2006 Herald Sun
David Hastie

MILDURA and Irymple football clubs square off today at No. 1 Oval in a top-of-the-table clash of the Sunraysia League senior division.

Both sides are yet to drop a game after the first five rounds and only 1 per cent separates them.
Mildura playing-coach Ryan O'Callaghan is expecting a fierce contest when the teams do battle.
"Both sides are five-zip at the moment so it's a pretty big game," O'Callaghan said.
"The winner will go one game clear at the top of the ladder so it's important. Very important."
The talented onballer said the club had benefited from the addition of several recruits this season including former Carlton player Jacob Anstey.
Anstey, who was recruited by Carlton from Tuggeranong ACT, played 16 senior games as a small forward with the Blues between 1995-97.
He has kicked eight goals for Mildura this season.
"Jake's been one of our recruits and he's been really good," O'Callaghan said.
Full-forward Toby Cardew, who has kicked 24 goals this season, along with youngsters Daniel Carmichael and Ash Spencer, have also been valuable contributors this season.
But O'Callaghan said the most pleasing aspect of his side's flying start was that everyone was contributing.
"The best part about the season so far is the way we've carried the load," he said.
"Everyone's been pulling their weight."
Despite missing a coveted finals berth last season, Mildura has benefited from its decision to blood several younger players last season.
"We introduced a lot of young kids into our side last year and they've really come on well," he said. "We probably added three really good quality players to our side so they've obviously helped out a fair bit and we've just sort of continued on with our improvement from last year."
After finishing outside the top four last year O'Callaghan said the team would treat today's clash as a mini-final.
Irymple will also be keen to avenge the disappointment of last season after losing the grand final to Imperials by one point and a big crowd is expected today.
"With both sides being undefeated there should be a lot of interest in the game," O'Callaghan said. "It's early in the year and we're playing one of last year's finalists so I think the boys will be pretty keen to do well." Activities on the day will include a jumping castle for the kids, an Auskick match at halftime and afternoon refreshments available in a marquee for Mothers Day.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,19113381%5E19897,00.html

A good crowd at the irymple v Mildura game . But a dissapointing performance by Mildura who started the game without Hosking.
The dees were not inthe hunt all day and if the swallows had of kicked straight the game would have been over at quarter time.
I'd pencil a great final series for the irymple considering they await the return of Jess, Morris, Carn and Curran plus a few other lesser lights tha tplayed in the ones most of last season In fact I'd pencil them in for flags in all grades

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Uncanny said:
looks like the wenty roos are back in town after a great team win yesterday.
I don't think so uncanny, I will admit it was a good win. but the roos just arn'y up to the standard of the top 2 teams, on the weekend they shouldn't have won by 4 points it should have been more like 10 goals. i believe that can't consider themselves a contender for the flag!!!!!!

Once again Irymple are getting the premiership shirts made up in May, i have never seen any team win a premiership in the Home and away season in any league! You would have thought they would have learnt from last year, alot of things can happen between now and that last day in september that can influence what happens on that day!!!!!
Like the old saying "don't count your chickens before they hatch!"

oorab said:
Once again Irymple are getting the premiership shirts made up in May, i have never seen any team win a premiership in the Home and away season in any league! You would have thought they would have learnt from last year, alot of things can happen between now and that last day in september that can influence what happens on that day!!!!!
Like the old saying "don't count your chickens before they hatch!"

C'mon Oorab, we all know your boys will be thereabouts come September. I can tell you that the players arent getting ahead of themselves, we have been playing down all the hype. As you have stated we know too well that the Home & Away games dont count come finals time. Its easy to see that there are 5 teams that have broken away and anyone can beat anyone on their day. I wouldnt be counting out Robinvale either, if they get their :D:D:D:D together off the field they could do some damage.

If Imps were undefeated after 6 games with the injuries you guys have had wouldnt you be happy? To be honest we might need to start getting shirts made up to say "We made it to the Grand Final vs Imperials" even if you dont win because you blokes just keep winning the damn things.

dunno bout us being their come this september though, the loss on the weekend will hurt us and make things hard, with the run home we've got, not going to be easy!!!!

oorab said:
I don't think so uncanny, I will admit it was a good win. but the roos just arn'y up to the standard of the top 2 teams, on the weekend they shouldn't have won by 4 points it should have been more like 10 goals. i believe that can't can't consider themselves a contender for the flag!!!!!!

time will tell oorab long way to go yet mate, our win on the weekend will givethem some real confidence going forward.. we should have won by alot more yes but with the amount of times we went inside 50 and not having belly or ben clay there to still get the win was a terrific effort... with belly being back this week or the next i can tell you sides wont want to be playing us we are well and truly on the up.....
irymple are clearly the side to beat as i see there depth as there real strength as they still win even with 4-5 of there best side out no other side in the comp can afford to have 4-5 of there best out
so from here on in its up to th rest of the sides to work out a way to beat irymple......

badds said:
time will tell oorab long way to go yet mate, our win on the weekend will givethem some real confidence going forward.. we should have won by alot more yes but with the amount of times we went inside 50 and not having belly or ben clay there to still get the win was a terrific effort... with belly being back this week or the next i can tell you sides wont want to be playing us we are well and truly on the up.....
irymple are clearly the side to beat as i see there depth as there real strength as they still win even with 4-5 of there best side out no other side in the comp can afford to have 4-5 of there best out
so from here on in its up to th rest of the sides to work out a way to beat irymple......
I agree that irymple are the team to beat, they are a much better side then they were last year and they were the best team in the league last year, but i believe the only reason we beat them in the GF was because they got too far ahead of themselves!
And I just don't see wenty as a threat for the flag, at the same time i don't see us as a threat either, but stranger things have happened and wenty could make me eat my own words!

Oorab im not to sure were you get your information from but i know for a fact that the players at Irymple are not gloating at all. As for hillite comments im not even sure if he is an Irymple bloke. And if my memory serves me correctly Imps did go directly to last years G&F and started favorites in my book. Yous boys had an amazing team so i wouldnt say u went in as under dogs and toppled a team that thought they were to good.

Delray I'm not an Irymple man just a recent (not this year) arrival to your fine city. I've been an keen supporter of country footy for a long time. My last post was simply my thoughts after watching a couple of irymple games and looking at their depth and performance. I'm not always right of course.

Delray said:
Oorab im not to sure were you get your information from but i know for a fact that the players at Irymple are not gloating at all. As for hillite comments im not even sure if he is an Irymple bloke. And if my memory serves me correctly Imps did go directly to last years G&F and started favorites in my book. Yous boys had an amazing team so i wouldnt say u went in as under dogs and toppled a team that thought they were to good.

C'mon Delray, I spotted you strutting around the shoe shop on Sunday with a grin from ear to ear. Thank christ you blokes weren't accurate, especially in the first quarter. I guess you can afford to be inaccurate when you're winning every contest on the ground. I'm very dissapointed in the way we played on the weekend. Enough said on that.

It seems there's gunna be few hard calls to be made come finals time Nesty. A few of those kids can play and they might be the ones to miss out when blokes come back in. Do you dread having to make those calls already or will you put it out of your mind until the time comes?

Santoz said:
C'mon Delray, I spotted you strutting around the shoe shop on Sunday with a grin from ear to ear. Thank christ you blokes weren't accurate, especially in the first quarter. I guess you can afford to be inaccurate when you're winning every contest on the ground. I'm very dissapointed in the way we played on the weekend. Enough said on that.

It seems there's gunna be few hard calls to be made come finals time Nesty. A few of those kids can play and they might be the ones to miss out when blokes come back in. Do you dread having to make those calls already or will you put it out of your mind until the time comes?

I think Delray may have been strutting because of his fortunes with the 'ladies' the previous night.

There will be some hard calls, but all you can do is pick the best side available each week, you cant always please everyone. Part of the job i guess. If we do get a full squad on the park it will create a dynamite reserves side either way. I think some of our injured blokes might find themselves coming back through the two's.

Just thought I would post the 1000th Post. Nice milestone boys. Would be a near unbeatable ressies side Nest, when you have a full side on the Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back