Sunraysia Football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Magic 1000 Posts!

Well done boys, great achievement. We've had our rough times with Gutsy but we have stuck it out. Let's look back at some of the past quotes:

"Perhaps the recruit of the year may be at Wentworth- Mark Alvey ex Essendon. He was supposed to go to Port Adelaide Magpie but they don't like him playing cricket and missing practice games !!" Sonny

"Is there any truth to the rumour of Danny Southern coming to town and playing/coaching Merbein??" The Nest

"He might look like a carrot when he gets that fake tan but Gathercole is the oil man. Looks very slick." Gutsy

"with the new faces out wenty way, be best if blokes keep their missuses under lock and key!!!" harry the bad man

Keep up the good work.:thumbsu:

The Nest said:
The Magic 1000 Posts!

Well done boys, great achievement. We've had our rough times with Gutsy but we have stuck it out. Let's look back at some of the past quotes:

"Perhaps the recruit of the year may be at Wentworth- Mark Alvey ex Essendon. He was supposed to go to Port Adelaide Magpie but they don't like him playing cricket and missing practice games !!" Sonny

"Is there any truth to the rumour of Danny Southern coming to town and playing/coaching Merbein??" The Nest

"He might look like a carrot when he gets that fake tan but Gathercole is the oil man. Looks very slick." Gutsy

"with the new faces out wenty way, be best if blokes keep their missuses under lock and key!!!" harry the bad man

Keep up the good work.:thumbsu:

yes yes nest forgot to reply to harry bout that interesting call considering harry the bad man has only just recently got rid of his crabs and warts from imploding into 2 many hairy moonchs, be best if he kept it in hiding 4 a bit.....

The Nest said:
I think Delray may have been strutting because of his fortunes with the 'ladies' the previous night.

There will be some hard calls, but all you can do is pick the best side available each week, you cant always please everyone. Part of the job i guess. If we do get a full squad on the park it will create a dynamite reserves side either way. I think some of our injured blokes might find themselves coming back through the two's.

I think your twos were soundly beaten back in Rnd 2 when you only had a couple of Seniors missing Nesty. 9.8 to 6.11. Maybe a Sth V Irymple Ressies Grand Final is on the cards. Appear to be the best two reserves sides running around at the moment. Rnd 9 should be a corker for them.

Ibis100 said:
I think your twos were soundly beaten back in Rnd 2 when you only had a couple of Seniors missing Nesty. 9.8 to 6.11. Maybe a Sth V Irymple Ressies Grand Final is on the cards. Appear to be the best two reserves sides running around at the moment. Rnd 9 should be a corker for them.

Enough on the 2s Ibis how are the 1s going that u were talking up during the night series??

Ibis100 said:

i seem to recall your 2s being beaten by imps also ibis.

also nesty, what about quote of the year:
'Anyone seen today's Herald Sun? On page 14 there is a picture of Mildura forward Ash Connick. The caption says -At the zoo:Noel sr. But they must have gotten mixed up because it's definetly him.' - VERA HICKEY

It was interesting to see the South coach quoted in the paper on the weekend before they plyed Merbein saying that they were looking to next week against Mildura. He backed that up on Sunday by saying that they were disappointed and should have won by more. Perhaps a bit of respect for Merbein wouldn't go astray. I know they aren't a top side but they are improving each week and always have a crack. Oh well, only time will tell if the 'preseason champs' peaked just a little early and didn't save themselves for the 'real thing'. If Gathercole goes down they are in real trouble. Classy footballer! Without him they may struggle to be playing finals. Just one persons humble opinion.

Kelvin 69 said:
Enough on the 2s Ibis how are the 1s going that u were talking up during the night series??

We have lost just two games, IMPS (Last year premiers) and Irymple (Who everyone is tipping to win the premiership by just 2 points). The last few weeks have seen us move a game clear in third. This weekend will be a great test for us with more bloody injuries forcing several changes. I would say we are where I had hoped and planned us to be, no lower and no higher. Our football was ordinary and I mean ordinary last week against Merbein but managed a 65 point win (Well under what I expected).

The guys are slowly getting into gear and can play some blistering football but at the same time play some really stupid footy. We are going along OK at the moment. Where I want to be.

sidelines said:
It was interesting to see the South coach quoted in the paper on the weekend before they plyed Merbein saying that they were looking to next week against Mildura. He backed that up on Sunday by saying that they were disappointed and should have won by more. Perhaps a bit of respect for Merbein wouldn't go astray. I know they aren't a top side but they are improving each week and always have a crack. Oh well, only time will tell if the 'preseason champs' peaked just a little early and didn't save themselves for the 'real thing'. If Gathercole goes down they are in real trouble. Classy footballer! Without him they may struggle to be playing finals. Just one persons humble opinion.

Well mister humble you weren't privy to the before, during or after game talks. We certainly do respect Merbein and it was discussed at length with the players that to disrespect them would cause us to lose the game and be the upset of the year. Unfortunately for your beloved Merbein the average winning margin against them is 87 points, and seeing the South boys played absolutely woeful, I, (yes thats right I am the coach) have full justification in my comments about being dissapointed in my team. We kicked 21 behinds, 10 of which were set shots or running into open goals and kicked the ball no less than 10 times to Merbein players sitting 30 metres in front of goal. We totally dominated the play, I would say we had 85% of the play for the day, Yes I have the stats to back that up, so Yes, I was extremely dissapointed.

With Regard to Gathers, yes he is a very handy footballer, but to say we wouldn't paly finals footy is a bit much. We have alot more depth than most sides with our Reserves and U18 both on top their respective ladders.

Just a Coaches humble opinion.

Hillite said:
Delray I'm not an Irymple man just a recent (not this year) arrival to your fine city. I've been an keen supporter of country footy for a long time. My last post was simply my thoughts after watching a couple of irymple games and looking at their depth and performance. I'm not always right of course.

No Thats fine Hillite u are more than welcome to have your opinion. And if u are new to the area Irymple would be more than happy to have u as a supporter!! I just had to say that because the second people within the club start talking grand finals in Round 6 it can fast blow up in there face. But as u are a neutral supporter no 1 can say Irymple are getting to far ahead of themselves.

Santoz said:
C'mon Delray, I spotted you strutting around the shoe shop on Sunday with a grin from ear to ear.

Santoz i think i was strutting around because i was still hammered. Work is tuff when your drunk. 3hrs time & 1/2 no sales sorry BOSS. Dont be to dissapointed Santoz long long long way to go yet mate.

Ibis100 said:

Ibis do not give imps the flick to quick mate. they did fix your mob up. The 2nds comp is really starting to heat up. Good to see some Known senior players sticking around the clubs and not heading out to the Millewa for the $$$. Good Job:thumbsu:

becktus said:
i seem to recall your 2s being beaten by imps also ibis.

also nesty, what about quote of the year:
'Anyone seen today's Herald Sun? On page 14 there is a picture of Mildura forward Ash Connick. The caption says -At the zoo:Noel sr. But they must have gotten mixed up because it's definetly him.' - VERA HICK
EY

Ha ha ha ha as funny as you would like that photo? Has Ash seen himself in the paper?

Bowser said:
Ha ha ha ha as funny as you would like that photo? Has Ash seen himself in the paper?
A copy of said photo was displayed prominately in the sheds prior to training last Wed. Much mirth was had by all. In fact two of the younger dees were actually convinced that it was him. :eek: Ah the innnocence of youth!:rolleyes: Question is will the moniker of "Noel Sr" stick????????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ibis100 said:
Well mister humble you weren't privy to the before, during or after game talks. We certainly do respect Merbein and it was discussed at length with the players that to disrespect them would cause us to lose the game and be the upset of the year. Unfortunately for your beloved Merbein the average winning margin against them is 87 points, and seeing the South boys played absolutely woeful, I, (yes thats right I am the coach) have full justification in my comments about being dissapointed in my team. We kicked 21 behinds, 10 of which were set shots or running into open goals and kicked the ball no less than 10 times to Merbein players sitting 30 metres in front of goal. We totally dominated the play, I would say we had 85% of the play for the day, Yes I have the stats to back that up, so Yes, I was extremely dissapointed.

With Regard to Gathers, yes he is a very handy footballer, but to say we wouldn't paly finals footy is a bit much. We have alot more depth than most sides with our Reserves and U18 both on top their respective ladders.

Just a Coaches humble opinion.

word has it ibis that u gave the boys an almighty tonque lashing after the game last sat about whether they understand your game plan and also that u were going to train em all to they spewed during the week... good spray i hear.....

badds said:
word has it ibis that u gave the boys an almighty tonque lashing after the game last sat about whether they understand your game plan and also that u were going to train em all to they spewed during the week... good spray i hear.....

Yeah mate, was one of the better sprays for the year so far. Some of us were pretty ordinary including myself. Very frustrated with the style of play. The guys know the game plan and when they play to it we are very very good, but when they play individual, undisciplined footy, we look and very ordinary.

Didn't manage to make them spew but it was a very different training on Tuesday with a message at the end. Hopefully it worked, if not I will go back to the drawing board.

Not too often you give a spray after a 65 point win.

Yaaablett said:
Any word from the Doms fracas last Saturday night? Haven't heard anyone touch on it yet. Seriously an unfortunate incident.
Apparently, a new recruit to Imps was involved in a stoush with a former Wentworth premiership player. Unlike the 96 Grand Final the Imps player definitely came out on top. Apparently provoked.

Peter Mac said:
Apparently, a new recruit to Imps was involved in a stoush with a former Wentworth premiership player. Unlike the 96 Grand Final the Imps player definitely came out on top. Apparently provoked.

yeah ray jones was causing havoc at the reunion so didnt surprise me he got himself into trouble pretty much as soon as he got out.... still not very good 2 be glassed though pretty dangerous... congrats 2 aussie cumming who will play his 200th this weekend a very fine player is aussie...
my tips 4 the round are mildura,imps irymple and wenty......
good 2 have belly back... word is fox out for 6 weeks that will really hurt south..

badds said:
yeah ray jones was causing havoc at the reunion so didnt surprise me he got himself into trouble pretty much as soon as he got out.... still not very good 2 be glassed though pretty dangerous... congrats 2 aussie cumming who will play his 200th this weekend a very fine player is aussie...
my tips 4 the round are mildura,imps irymple and wenty......
good 2 have belly back... word is fox out for 6 weeks that will really hurt south..

Heard Belly was a bit fiery in one of his quarter-time adresses. Mail is, some of the younger fellas were not too happy with his antics and may take it further. Any trurh?

badds said:

Not sure where you heard that badds but my physio told him to rest it this week and see how it is against Red Cliffs. Should only miss two at the most with the Interleague game the following week. Will more than likely run out against Irymple.

Heard there was abit of a punch up between a Mildura waterboy and a South Midura player at Doms sat nite... Anyone know who won?

hotdogs17 said:
Heard there was abit of a punch up between a Mildura waterboy and a South Midura player at Doms sat nite... Anyone know who won?

was it ******ed o'callaghan? looks alot like a gold fish..

hotdogs17 said:
Details are sketchy although slowly coming to light.
Understand Mildura waterboy gave a slight tongue lashing and recieved a punch for his troubles, more than likely well desereved although can't confirm.

Skeeterman said:
Details are sketchy although slowly coming to light.
Understand Mildura waterboy gave a slight tongue lashing and recieved a punch for his troubles, more than likely well desereved although can't confirm.

Who was the South player Skeet?

Some good games coming up especially Irymple v Robinvale at Robinvale and Mildura v Imperials and after Saturday Red Cliffs v South might be a good one as well.

Can anyone make sense of the Becktus post? Hotdogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back