HB DeAngelis A Rigby Stafford
C A Ridley Gathercole Cummings
HF R Hards Simms Eaton+
F Zappia# Cardew Eagle

R Deckett> Jackson+ Falvo#

B Lee Spivey Haase Fox>

Em Romeo D Hickey

Coach S Keam
Ass Coach Badds (got to get him away from his girlfriend first)

Any one like to add to this or think someone isn't worthy?

Not bad malleeboy. Fox has hardly played though. D Hickey as the 2nd ruck for mine. Everything else though looks pretty spot on.

malleeboy said:
Here are my thougths for the team of the year so far -

B Harley McDonald R O'Callaghan
HF R Hards Simms Eaton+
F Zappia# Cardew Eagle

B Lee Spivey Haase Fox>

Em Romeo D Hickey

Coach S Keam

Looks pretty close to me Malleeboy although I would have Brad Hards in there instead of Ryan. Is as hard at it as anyone in the league, and Ryan struggled a little bit with injury this year

Yaaablett said:
Not bad malleeboy. Fox has hardly played though. D Hickey as the 2nd ruck for mine. Everything else though looks pretty spot on.

Yeah, both have missed games so that is why I had Hickey as emergency just in case Fox was away.
Fox is a class above everyone else and if available you want him in your side.

Lazy Dave said:
Looks pretty close to me Malleeboy although I would have Brad Hards in there instead of Ryan. Is as hard at it as anyone in the league, and Ryan struggled a little bit with injury this year

Fair call, it was one or the other. Went for Ryan because of his performance at the interleague carnival. Maybe they can play half a game each?

Time to clear it all up for you Skeeterman.

The umpires offered me a set penalty of one week which I declined as I believed it was not a reportable incident.

As I took a set penalty last year I am in fact inelligable for the set penalty this year which the umpires obviously didn't know anyway.

I pleaded NOT GUILTY as I stated I would yesterday. Why would I go to the trouble of not taking a set penalty of one week when offered and have to go to the tribunal on Monday night in my own time and then plead guilty.

The umpires gave different versions of what occurred. Gill came along as a witness and stated he saw the incident from the opposite end of the ground some 80 metres away and surprisingly, not one player was between himself and the incident but did not report me even though he said he clearly saw it. Mind you, he has an obligation under the rules to do so if he believes it constituted a strike. And he didn't.

Opie was in charge of the play and was no more than 20 metres away and did not do anything. No free kick, no report, nothing.

Breewel was behind and to the left of the incident, stated that the player went to ground after a round house right hand to the head. Considering his position of 40 metres away on the opposite side of the supposed contact, (And he even drew a picture of where he was) his glasses must have x-ray vision.

Not only that but he stated in contradiction to Gill and Josh Martin that the ball was some 50 metres away down the field.

Josh Martin and Gill both stated the ball had just been handballed and still within a few metres of the incident.

Josh stated he felt contact to the left side of his jaw, I must be elastic man to connect there with the inside of my right arm as the umpires had stated. He also stated he didn't go to ground like Breewel had stated but had just gotten on with the game and taken his kick.

In the end, they found me guilty but stated due to inconsistencies in the evidence and the lack of any injury other than a headache to Josh, they did not see any need to extend the one week that they must impose. (As that is the minimum set penalty whether you plead guilty or not) The tribunal then can add on any amount of time above that set amount that they feel the incident deserves.

I had requested a suspended sentence which they would have contemplated had the required one week minimum not been a requirement.

Hope that clears it up for you Skeeterman.

classic said:
ur mum!!!

Mate if somehow, someday, someone could possibly squeeze another brain into your skull there would only be one brain in there.

By the way you don't rate in the comeback stakes.... you should not refer to someone's mum. Not cool.

Gusty said:
Mate if somehow, someday, someone could possibly squeeze another brain into your skull there would only be one brain in there.

By the way you don't rate in the comeback stakes.... you should not refer to someone's mum. Not cool.
yes it is.....its an absolute CLASSIC!!!

malleeboy said:
Here are my thougths for the team of the year so far -

B Harley McDonald R O'Callaghan
HF R Hards Simms Eaton+
F Zappia# Cardew Eagle

B Lee Spivey Haase Fox>

Em Romeo D Hickey

Coach S Keam

Here's one for you boys. Should we be picking players in the Team of the Year
in their set possies, or should we just pick the best 21 players in the comp on current form?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just confirming the exact qualifying rules for reserves finals this yaer.

If you play 6 or more reserve games you can play as many senior games as you like and still qualify for the reseves finals?

If you dont play any senior games how many reserve games do you need to play to qualify?

I might have to start looking at our reserves as Wenty and Mildura are blocking our run home.

Peter Mac said:
Here's one for you boys. Should we be picking players in the Team of the Year
in their set possies, or should we just pick the best 21 players in the comp on current form?

i think you should be picking the best players available. Sometimes you might find an onballer in the back pocket because you cant squeeze him in anywhere else. I'll have a go at the team of the year to this stage;

Carn A. Rigby Harley
Spivey DeAngelis Stafford
Lee Gathercole Cumming
Zappia Simms O'Callaghan
Eagle Cardew Haase
Deckert Jackson Falvo
D. Hickey Eaton Anstey Ridley
?? O'Connor, Romeo, Dowdy, Curran, B. Hards, Clay, Treloar, T. White, Doherty, Thornton.

Gladstone Small said:
i think you should be picking the best players available. Sometimes you might find an onballer in the back pocket because you cant squeeze him in anywhere else. I'll have a go at the team of the year to this stage;

Carn A. Rigby Harley
Spivey DeAngelis Stafford
Lee Gathercole Cumming
Zappia Simms O'Callaghan
Eagle Cardew Haase
Deckert Jackson Falvo
D. Hickey Eaton Anstey Ridley
?? O'Connor, Romeo, Dowdy, Curran, B. Hards, Clay, Treloar, T. White, Doherty, Thornton.

not bad gladstone... justin clay would be a certainty.. as he has been the best if not equal ruckman in the comp all year... i think we need to be careful as well at not picking blokes on reputation just cause they are proven players in the past... i would have b. rigby also ahead of a few in that list...
also been away a few days and just been catching up on the posts good prediction yaablett the roo boys are coming home hard as i have said all along if we can get our structure rite we are up there in the best 2-3 sides...
im also amazed at the amount of sooking that comes out of south.. excuses galore, blaming this blaming that.. at the end of the day in a big game you failed and got beat by 10 goals.. enough said.. anyway im sure everyone will agree we are all sick and tired of talking bout south.. lets talk bout sides who will be in the finals instead..... if mildura beat imps this week then the four wont change a win from imps makes it interesting should be a cracker that.. so should irymple robinvale as the swallows will be keen to let the vale know who is boss after they were hammered last time they met....

malleeboy said:
Fair call, it was one or the other. Went for Ryan because of his performance at the interleague carnival. Maybe they can play half a game each?

malleeboy perhaps you should stick 2 your dance moves you have been impressing all the ladies with at omalleys on thursday nights recently.........

I have it on very good authority that largest amount of money ever wagered on a game of SFL footy will happen this week between Irymple and Robinvale. Apparantly 10K plus will change hands this Saturday at about 5.30pm. Any of yours Delray?

To qualify for the reserves finals you must have played one game.
If you have played six or more senior games you must have played at least six reserves games.
I think....
With thirds players if they play in seniors and thirds on the same day only the senior game counts. But does this apply to reserves? Could a player be named on the bench in the twos and play seniors. Or does a similiar rule apply to the reserves.

Yaaablett said:
I have it on very good authority that largest amount of money ever wagered on a game of SFL footy will happen this week between Irymple and Robinvale. Apparantly 10K plus will change hands this Saturday at about 5.30pm. Any of yours Delray?

Well well well Yabblett that is news to me and i hope it is true as long as we dont loose ha ha. As for my money come on yabblett u know i dont own a sports store :)

Delray said:
Well well well Yabblett that is news to me and i hope it is true as long as we dont loose ha ha. As for my money come on yabblett u know i dont own a sports store :)

to many vodka and oranges perhaps delray... was at the dogs cats game last sunday delray and at quarter time realised that the man himself danny delray was the dogs runner provided me with some great humour couldnt believe how alike you both really are....

Delray said:
Could we be seing the importance of winning the early games ie Mildura. R/vale's slow start may just cost them who do they play in the last 3???

Seems as though Mildura are right back on track. My question is how the f..... did they loose to merbein. Footy is a funny game i guess

Shannon Keam doing a good job then?
Is his brother Jade playing at the moment?

Grimmett said:
Shannon Keam doing a good job then?
Is his brother Jade playing at the moment?

as a coach shannon has done great job as a player the jury is still out....
my tips for the round are-irymple by 7 goals
-mildura by 4 goals
-red cliffs by 5 goals
-wenty by 15 goals

badds said:
so malleeboy how did you go at omalleys thurs nite

Hey Badds what are the odds of you being on TV again in the next couple of days???Win TV must be struggling for news. I will give you $1.05;) :thumbsu: :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back