Sunraysia Football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chee Quee, who was the first player of Chinese origin to play first-class cricket in Australia, is a powerful top or middle-order batsman who dominated Sydney grade cricket for more than a decade. He scored a hundred against the West Indies in 1995-96 and two years earlier smashed 131 in the Mercantile Cup final. but that form was spasmodic. At the end of the 2005-06 campaign, he had made almost 11,000 runs for them, and only six other batsmen had ever made more in Sydney grade cricket. <--- Spasmodic form cost him his chance apparently :rolleyes:

MacGill can't be too happy either but apparently the WACA takes a bit of turn these days so he may be a chance for then or probably Adelaide beforehand. I'd like to see Tait play rather than Clark. He has the ability to reverse swing the pill at wicked speed and has already proved that by removing Flintoff with a beauty in the Prime Ministers XI. :thumbsu:

GAblett, Hodgey was never a show although it is a shame to see him miss out. If any batsmen looks like getting the flick it'll be Langer and they've got Jacques ready to replace him.

good point but what does a man have to do???? one of the most consistent players last season and has started in similar form this year and his slow/mediums could cause the poms a bit of trouble.........:) :confused:

[/b]

good point but what does a man have to do???? one of the most consistent players last season and has started in similar form this year and his slow/mediums could cause the poms a bit of trouble.........:) :confused:

If it came down to him having to bowl his slow/mediums, the Aussies would be the ones in trouble! I'd say Watson is better value because he's a handy batter and can push 130 - 140 when he's bowling, giving them another genuine pace option ...

Has played under Keam at Dimboola for a couple of years and Jade Keam going out with Sonny's sister! Don't be surprised if his at Robinvale next year!

Ganga is to good at Ouyen not even r/vale would be able to match it. Has been appointed AC any way. and after winning them a flag of his own boot i cant see Ouyen letting him go anywhere.

Ganga is to good at Ouyen not even r/vale would be able to match it. Has been appointed AC any way. and after winning them a flag of his own boot i cant see Ouyen letting him go anywhere.

Yeah and he was suppose to coach Dimboola last year and ended up playing with Ouyen. It will be interesting because his been known to jump ship!

Great news does anyone know who morris got in a fight with???Hope he got the s--t belted out of him:thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Does anyone have any news on Merbein so far????Is it true Colin Keatch is heading back home to Wenty?????
Na there is no hope of this happening. Have it on good authority that there is a long long list of blokes they are chasing just hope that it means merbein can be competitive and have some wins to reward the guys that have stuck there over the last few years. Whisper is sonny lindsay is no hope to go to robinvale...... mark this space

just a few questions for you all. where is the grand final played? how many teams are in the comp and who are they? and who are the sides to beat for season 2007?

cheers,

WEIDEMAN OUT!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just a few questions for you all. where is the grand final played? how many teams are in the comp and who are they? and who are the sides to beat for season 2007?

cheers,

WEIDEMAN OUT!!!!!

The Grand Final is played at Number One oval.

Irymple, Imperials, South Mildura, Mildura, Red Cliffs, Merbein, Wentworth and Robinvale make up the league.

I believe the teams to beat this year are Irymple (reigning premiers), Robinvale (pretty much the same side that played in the final), Mildura (big recruiting drive), Imperials (they're always there abouts/ would be keen to improve on last year).

Has anyone heard anything on Wentworth? Who have they picked up? Lost? If they get a couple more they'd have to be a show as well.

The Grand Final is played at Number One oval.

Irymple, Imperials, South Mildura, Mildura, Red Cliffs, Merbein, Wentworth and Robinvale make up the league.

I believe the teams to beat this year are Irymple (reigning premiers), Robinvale (pretty much the same side that played in the final), Mildura (big recruiting drive), Imperials (they're always there abouts/ would be keen to improve on last year).

Has anyone heard anything on Wentworth? Who have they picked up? Lost? If they get a couple more they'd have to be a show as well.

Id say putting Alvey into that side would improve there chances substantially, other than that havent heard anything out Wentworth way. Looks like Irymple will lose the D-train.

If the D- Train bit was true it would leave the swallows with some handy coin to play with in the pre-season race for recruits.

Id say putting Alvey into that side would improve there chances substantially, other than that havent heard anything out Wentworth way. Looks like Irymple will lose the D-train.

Well I reckon Alvey is gunna need every bit of the 4/5 months remaining to get himself right for footy. He was moving very gingerly on it in the field on Saturday. It would be a shame for him if he re-injured it playing cricket but I guess he wouldn't risk it if there was a chance of that happening. In my not so expert opinion on him playing footy, I reckon he will begin mid way through the year ...

Well I reckon Alvey is gunna need every bit of the 4/5 months remaining to get himself right for footy. He was moving very gingerly on it in the field on Saturday. It would be a shame for him if he re-injured it playing cricket but I guess he wouldn't risk it if there was a chance of that happening. In my not so expert opinion on him playing footy, I reckon he will begin mid way through the year ...

Is certainly strange that hes playing cricket not sure footy club would be to impressed, lets hope he will be right because im hoping like alot of other football followers in Mildura that we get to see the best of him in his prime.:thumbsu:

Heard today that Darren Atkinson was asking for 25k a year just to be an ass. coach.
Which makes me wonder do clubs pay to much for big fellas ?

we would never pay that sort of money. I believe it is around the $10,000 mark so I hope he can play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back