Suns in the Media - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of players had a good relationship with Dew like it or not.
A lot of players didnt
We are now down one pacey skilful goalkicking winger who's playing for Freo contending for a premiership and a big bodied mid recruit of the year at Carlton because of that
His very special relationship walked to Adelaide
If Lukosius doesnt like Dimma it's not because Dimma doesnt like him
Hardwick is past caring about players' feelings if it gets in the way of the club's success

A lot of players didnt
We are now down one pacey skilful goalkicking winger who's playing for Freo contending for a premiership and a big bodied mid recruit of the year at Carlton because of that
His very special relationship walked to Adelaide
If Lukosius doesnt like Dimma it's not because Dimma doesnt like him
Hardwick is past caring about players' feelings if it gets in the way of the club's success

You do realise that Hollands was let go by Dimma, NO? Still a good decision in my books. Some Blues fans are already critical of him (selfish, not working hard). For sure he has a talent but still seems a full of himself head case.

Sharp was lazy and did not work hard at Suns by his own admission. Sometimes the last chance makes wonders as well as staying home. I enjoy watching him running hard on wing for Freo. Still I like Clohesy more, haha.

Last edited:
You do realise that Hollands was let go by Dimma, NO? Still a good decision in my books. Some Blues fans are already critical of him (selfish, not working hard). For sure he has a talent but still seems a full of himself head case.

Sharp was lazy and did not work hard at Suns by his own admission. Sometimes the last chance makes wonders as well as staying home. I enjoy watching him running hard on wing for Freo. Still I like Clohesy more, haha.
Clohesy every day of the week over both Hollands and Sharp IMO.
Already one of my favourites.
Runs hard both ways, beautiful kick, can find the ball, strong mark, sticks tackles, stands up for his teammates.

Clohesy every day of the week over both Hollands and Sharp IMO.
Already one of my favourites.
Runs hard both ways, beautiful kick, can find the ball, strong mark, sticks tackles, stands up for his teammates.
Yeah, what a pick up. I can't wait to see what he can do with several preseasons under his belt. He did have flat patch but he was bloody awesome against Essendon.

Yeah, I also love how he protects and supports his teammates.

Did Hardwick release him?
It was my understanding he tried to get him to stay along with Sharp
Who knows?
If Dimma was coaching 2 years ago we might be lining up with Rankine Hollands and Sharp across the midfield
Luko might be doing a wine tasting course in the Adelaide Hills instead and we would be just about over him as opposed to never getting over losing Izak

Did Hardwick release him?
It was my understanding he tried to get him to stay along with Sharp
Who knows?
If Dimma was coaching 2 years ago we might be lining up with Rankine Hollands and Sharp across the midfield
Luko might be doing a wine tasting course in the Adelaide Hills instead and we would be just about over him as opposed to never getting over losing Izak
Hollands was under contract so we could keep him. No report Dimma wanted to keep him.

I, personally, find it hard to blame coach for laziness, not working hard (Sharp, Hollands). I was disappointed both not giving it all in VFL. It was painful to watch often.

Rankine is a big loss but I doubt he would stay regardless of who was the coach. Always heading home, played us in the end. Maybe if we played finals?

If Rankine can stay healthy (still big if with his hamstrings issues) and play mostly in the middle (can he play there the whole season?) he could be top 3 in AFL.

Last edited:
Hollands was under contract so we could keep him. No report Dimma wanted to keep him.
When a player requests a trade there's not much point fighting it.He had no trade value because he was playing like a nuffy in the VFL to stick it up Dew and had the drug conviction.My mail was Dimma would have preferred him to stay.Davies may end up being better though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When a player requests a trade there's not much point fighting it.He had no trade value because he was playing like a nuffy in the VFL to stick it up Dew and had the drug conviction.My mail was Dimma would have preferred him to stay.Davies may end up being better though
Hollands had s**t attitude. We can't keep them all due to cap. I feel we follow GWS closely by letting some players go (it was actually mentioned a couple of years ago by Cameron) I suspect Luko is next especially now with Mac progressing to 1M.

Hollands had s**t attitude. We can't keep them all due to cap. I feel we follow GWS closely by letting some players go (it was actually mentioned a couple of years ago by Cameron) I suspect Luko is next especially now with Mac progressing to 1M.
If the Club get a trade they are happy with Luko is gone.
So l'm told.

Sent from my SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app

If the Club get a trade they are happy with Luko is gone.
So l'm told.

Sent from my SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Everything points to it. Question is what is decent trade? Late 1st sounds good, but I expect 2nd round pick if we are shipping him out.

Will he play in VFL tomorrow?

Listening to Twomey, it does look like Luko's contract is back ended. It would off-load a lot of money.

I still think Dimma did not use him properly or he just does not fit into his plan.

Last edited:
Everything points to it. Question is what is decent trade? Late 1st sounds good, but I expect 2nd round pick if we are shipping him out.

Listening to Twomey, it does look like Luko's contract is back ended. It would off-load a lot of money.

I still think Dimma did not use him properly or he just does not fit into his plan.
It's not a cap issue. That's what Cal Twomey said.

It's more of a team balance issue.
If he played this week, he likely replaces Walter.

If we keep Mac forward, then we need to play Luko in defence where he struggled early this season before being moved forward.

Moving Mac forward has freed up King and Ballard.

Then, we need to find a spot for Ethan Read.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's not a cap issue. That's what Cal Twomey said.

It's more of a team balance issue.
If he played this week, he likely replaces Walter.

If we keep Mac forward, then we need to play Luko in defence where he struggled early this season before being moved forward.

Moving Mac forward has freed up King and Ballard.

Then, we need to find a spot for Ethan Read.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah, it does look like surplus with Mac, Read, Walter but they are still developing. 1M would be handy to re-sign Rowell, Mac.

Luko kicked 39 last year in a shit team. With shit inside 50 numbers.

He will kick the same again most years in a different team one would assume.
Plenty of teams in need of key forwards.

Worth a pick around 10 or player similar value? Rioli?

Luko kicked 39 last year in a shit team. With shit inside 50 numbers.

He will kick the same again most years in a different team one would assume.
Plenty of teams in need of key forwards.

Worth a pick around 10 or player similar value? Rioli?
If Luko is not in Dimma's plans and is pushed out he will come cheap.

Yeah, it does look like surplus with Mac, Read, Walter but they are still developing. 1M would be handy to re-sign Rowell, Mac.
Small point, but if you listen to Twomey on Gettable he says Luko is on a lucrative contract, and it would take around $1m to get him out. That doesn't mean he's getting $1m from the Suns for the next two years. I took as that he would want more than his current salary to move and that would be around $1m.

Remove this Banner Ad

Suns in the Media - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back