Autopsy SUNS V Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dropping Lyons is absolute BS he stood up in the midfield for the last 18 months his last 2 games he got 22 possessions in each and they drop him against a midfield of Ablett Dangerfield Selwood and Duncan. Absolute BS

Dropping Lyons is absolute BS he stood up in the midfield for the last 18 months his last 2 games he got 22 possessions in each and they drop him against a midfield of Ablett Dangerfield Selwood and Duncan. Absolute BS
that's because, as I've correctly started in the past, they are often empty possessions.

Lyons has been out of form and played injured since Ballarat. Questioning whether he'll even play NEAFL this week because he's a first choice mid. Brodie is more a replacement for Lyons than anyone. I like this team's balance, especially with 3 of the 4 Draft of '16 Top 10 picks and Charlie the Unicorn playing next to his mate Pick #2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lyons got injured in Ballarat. It was one of the main reasons we lost. He only played 65% of the game for 11 possessions. 22 touches in each of his games since then is well down on his usual production. The team can't keep carrying him until he's fully fit.

It sucks for Lyons but the reality is he's been off for a few weeks now. He just hasn't been the same since about round 5 or 6 and was steadily getting worse. He's named as second emergency so I'm assuming he will play NEAFL, get some confidence and form back up and be back in in a couple of weeks.

Very excited to see Brodie in. Hoping to see Ballard come off the wing as well as that's where he has dominated in juniors and NEAFL.

It's a pace thing for sure
I often get Lyons and Jack Leslie confused live which isn't a good thing
Not unhappy he's been dropped because it means form is looked at and he hasn't been near it for a month
Was unsighted at The gabba

Lyons got injured in Ballarat. It was one of the main reasons we lost. He only played 65% of the game for 11 possessions. 22 touches in each of his games since then is well down on his usual production. The team can't keep carrying him until he's fully fit.
then why not rest him? I'm not convinced he's injured otherwise the club would say something. They've been open with Swallow's injury. If it was fatigue, the bye should have fixed that up if not just give him a rest. People say NEAFL is a lower level but it's still football and arguably harder for someone like Lyons because he has to carry more of the team.

then why not rest him? I'm not convinced he's injured otherwise the club would say something. They've been open with Swallow's injury. If it was fatigue, the bye should have fixed that up if not just give him a rest. People say NEAFL is a lower level but it's still football and arguably harder for someone like Lyons because he has to carry more of the team.
Since WB game Lyons was ordinary. Brodie time!

Same thing happened with Barlow , was omitted but missed 2 games .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's a pace thing for sure
I often get Lyons and Jack Leslie confused live which isn't a good thing
Not unhappy he's been dropped because it means form is looked at and he hasn't been near it for a month
Was unsighted at The gabba
Can't be a pace thing if Brodie is his replacment

I like the matchups. Swallow on Ablett, Miller on Selwood, Rory on Hawkins. I suspect Holman will go to Dangerfield, Bowes might be a better fit for Menegola, and Witts is gonna kill Stanley, while you wonder what kind of havoc Lynch can wreak when Blicavs and Day chop out in the ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy SUNS V Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back