Autopsy SUNS V Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing Brodie can do is rip into stoppages and get clearances, even if they're junk hack clearances. Our ability in the contest lately has been lacking and Brodie will help with that. As a taller mid he offers a point of difference too. Just needs to clean up his ball use IMO but he's a good in.
I agree but not at the expense of Lyons.
Bowes Rischitelli and Ballard should have gone before Lyons.

I agree but not at the expense of Lyons.
Bowes Rischitelli and Ballard should have gone before Lyons.
None of those guys you listed play mid though. Arguably our midfield has been the biggest issue lately. Given Swallow and Miller have been going okay then I guess Lyons makes way? :/ I dunno.

Like most am surprised by Lyons omission (has been average last couple of games).
To me this is a very ordinary looking Geelong team except for that star studded foursome.
If they get on top early not sure we have many options to counter them.
Real baptism of fire for Miller Ainsworth and Brodie just to see how they go against some
of the real elite of the competition.
If we get near matching them around the contest we will be a realistic chance.
Glad to see Brodie get his chance.
I think we are more than a chance Geelong are very average I think we will win by 6 goals+.

None of those guys you listed play mid though. Arguably our midfield has been the biggest issue lately. Given Swallow and Miller have been going okay then I guess Lyons makes way? :/ I dunno.
Bowes and Rischitelli are both midfielders who are playing elsewhere because they can't get a midfield spot.
But they are midfielders.

Bowes and Rischitelli are both midfielders who are playing elsewhere because they can't get a midfield spot.
But they are midfielders.
Risch hasn't played mid in Dew's era. Those days are done I'd say.

Fair on Bowes, but he's more rotated through there, right?

Hope the entire team target Ablett like Sydney target Jason Johannisen when they play the dogs make his night a living hell

It does, but the same guys will be there most of the time.
So if then the assumption is that those 3 will be Miller, Swallow and Brodie, I can't understand why Lyons can't play a hff role and pinch hit in the middle better than Sexton, young, heron, Holman, ballard like he did for the crows when we traded for him. Not arguing either, just don't agree with the decision unless there's something we don't know about. I maintain a very winnable game though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if then the assumption is that those 3 will be Miller, Swallow and Brodie, I can't understand why Lyons can't play a hff role and pinch hit in the middle better than Sexton, young, heron, Holman, ballard like he did for the crows when we traded for him. Not arguing either, just don't agree with the decision unless there's something we don't know about. I maintain a very winnable game though.
All fair points.

Personally I would have Lyons in ahead of Young and play him forward, but I guess Dew doesn't see it the same way.

Perhaps Lyons just isn't doing something in the midfield and needs to earn his spot back in the 1s midfield, and playing forward in the 1s won't do that? I'm not sure.

In the China game Lyons got 9 more possessions than Ballard and Bowes combined.
True story .
One was playing mid in the wet. The other (a first year player) played CHF in the wet and the other (a second year player) small forward in the wet. Not really comparable?

Ok so no one seems to know why Lyons is dropped.
But l can say why numerous other players should have been dropped before him and that is they don't get the football very often. It's called possessions

Ok so no one seems to know why Lyons is dropped.
But l can say why numerous other players should have been dropped before him and that is they don't get the football very often. It's called possessions
To be honest if GCS WIN , I don't care about who get more possession. Sometime we got to get use to not having our favorite in the team .for my fantasy team of course I am upset he is not in the team .

There should be a tribute video on the scoreboard for the amazing Gazza
followed by a standing oviation.
but when the game starts every time he goes near it fans should taunt
the crap out of the baldy sook judas.

To be honest if GCS WIN , I don't care about who get more possession. Sometime we got to get use to not having our favorite in the team .for my fantasy team of course I am upset he is not in the team .
He's not my favourite player far from it. Like Barlow l would just like to know the rationale behind his omission.

Haven't you lot worked out he's injured yet ?
His omission is same as the Barlow omission after the Adelaide game I suspect (which admittedly went on to be an extended omission)
Be very surprised if Lyons fronts for NEAFL.

It's weird. I didn't see Lyon getting dropped.

On the other hand, I feel like this year is a bit of an "audition" year for every player at the club. A year to see what our players are made of, see what they can do, see who's buying in. It's possible that Lyon is being dropped to make room for others to show their mettle? Dunno.

edit: could be that he's injured, or he's at the very least sore - and seems like a good excuse to try somebody new out (seen enough from Lyon to know he's good) and let him rest.

Haven't you lot worked out he's injured yet ?
His omission is same as the Barlow omission after the Adelaide game I suspect (which admittedly went on to be an extended omission)
Be very surprised if Lyons fronts for NEAFL.
So why is he listed as an Emergency for the Seniors

There should be a tribute video on the scoreboard for the amazing Gazza
followed by a standing oviation.
but when the game starts every time he goes near it fans should taunt
the crap out of the baldy sook judas.
Would love to go unfortunately i'll be in Geelong watching with some Cats fans. The Suns better win otherwise the beers are on me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy SUNS V Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back