Superb win to St Kilda. Superb.

Remove this Banner Ad

betchsta

Club Legend
May 1, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Congratulations on your win guys, the game lived up to all expectations, Good luck for the rest of the season & see ya in september.

Great game, great win.

Congrats on a fantastic win today guys. Such an irresistible team - so great to watch.

I'm looking forward to the game next week but scared sh!tless at the same time. :p

Superb win to St.Kilda. Superb.

Truly they deserve to be the only undefeated team. Geelong were lucky to get as close as they did. (they had some VERY favourable umpiring decisions)

Saints backline is playing amazing football. I think the Saints are a real chance for the flag this year after that performance.

Oh and FYI - I tipped the Saints by 20. ;)

Top effort Saints, superb game to watch too.

Re: Superb win to St.Kilda. Superb.

Well done Saints. Normally I feel a bit gutted after a loss but not this game. It was one of the best games I have ever seen. Your team deserved the win but I was more than happy with what our lads put in despite the loss. Remember it is still 8 weeks to the finals so enjoy the win, and we may see you in September.

Fantastic win by the Saints! Glad you still hung on to win after the umpires almost robbed you!

On a side note, Gary Ablett is a VERY sore loser!

Great game. Loved it!

Th saints look great, but i was more than happy with Geelongs performance given our key forward (S.J.Johnson) didn't play. I reckon Geelong would might have rolled your lads had he played. But still, gotta love that match and the Saints look completely awesome!

Bring on the finals, and here is hoping we get a GF of todays standard.

Cannot speak high enough of the Saints' performance today. They countered the handball-happy gameplan of the Cats with fast, direct kicking, and stood firm when the Cats came back in the second half.

If anyone didn't rate the Saints as a challenger before, they must now.

Can't wait to see how you guys go in the finals :thumbsu:

it means 4 points and possibly top spot. Which does mean alot, because 1st plays 4th and 2nd play WB in the first week of finals.

SAINTERRSSS!!!!
what a great game! what do people think was better out of this match of the one against brisbane with shwartz kicking that winning goal?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks to the gracious Geelong supporters who offered their congratulations and thanks to those non-partisan supporters who are just acknowledging such a great match :thumbsu:

What a superb game of footy. One of the most memorable matches ever.

My favourite match was the 1997 prelim (St Kilda against North Melbourne), but this has taken its place.

The injury to Taylor was unfortunate. Let's hope its just a mild concussion.

Well done Saints. I thought you played the better football for the majority of the match. We simply can't afford to give you a five goal start should we meet again.

regards,

REB

well done guys you cant give a team 5 goal start and expect to roll over them even though we got close, enjoy it guys. By the way Gardiners mark is very leo barry-esque at the end.

Anyone know a good plasterer? a few holes to fix at my place now..

great game and super win for the saints! I think ur backline is just awesome at the moment. Im really happy you guys won as i think we have a better chance at beating up the cats in the first week of the finals then the saints. The benefit for 2nd though is getting the softer final in the prelim as if the finals games go as you would think it might be st.kilda v cats/dogs and cats/dogs v pies

Footskills as good as I have ever seen - ever, and pressure on our ball carriers like we have rarely experienced in the last 3 years.

I'll put my hand up and say I didn't think you were the real deal before this game, and I'll put my hand up again and say I was dead wrong.

Don't forget about that man in the coaches box.......................if anything vindicates the decision to hire him this win is it.

He is the man in the drivers seat and boy is he driving this thing forward!!

....as for Michael Gardiner.....keep him fit and he will repay the faithful in a big way come September!!:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Congratulations to the Saints. The best team on the day took the four points. Kosi and Rewolt were great targets up forward.

You will get no whinging from me. It was a great game full of pressure and the Saints deserved the win.

Surely we could not ask for a better Grand Final preview if these are the two sides who play off in September.

Footskills as good as I have ever seen - ever, and pressure on our ball carriers like we have rarely experienced in the last 3 years.

I'll put my hand up and say I didn't think you were the real deal before this game, and I'll put my hand up again and say I was dead wrong.

I have to agree Vegas. The footskills were superb even under enormous pressure. And St. Kilda pressured our players into mistakes that cost goals as we tried to penetrate their defense.

Its good to see M. Gardiner playing some good footy again.
He looks like his had a great pre-season.
I remember when he was with us and how he dominated the ruck with these sort of games.
I hope he goes on to win the premiership with you guys.
Do it for M Gardiner

Remove this Banner Ad

Superb win to St Kilda. Superb.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back