Superb win to St Kilda. Superb.

Remove this Banner Ad

tell me about it, i was watching this game on my Home Cinema and i was screaming at the screen! the crown was amazing, god i wish i was there!. The BEST game i have ever witnessed in my life, Cmon Sainters

I was yelling at my gf's parents house. screeching in the last few minutes. her dad offered me some wine but im thankful i didn't have any so that i could remember this fantastic game.

unfortunately due to major dental work i couldn't go and see it live :(.

But this work is out of the way very soon and I will be good to go for the finals :D

Saints were outstanding and played great footy well done to M Gardner superb game. The saints defence looks great and the cats forward line bar Chapman and Steve Johnson looks very ordinary

Well done and hearty congratulations to the St Kilda Players and all Saints Supporters on a superb win. :thumbsu:

Frankly; I was amazed that we were so close at the end - I felt you were the much better side all day long. :eek:

The game itself was befitting of a blockbuster, no doubt one of the best Home & Away Games of all-time. In the end the best side on the day won. Although I am naturally disappointed; I look forward to a possible rematch in the Finals. ;)

Saints were outstanding and played great footy well done to M Gardner superb game. The saints defence looks great and the cats forward line bar Chapman and Steve Johnson looks very ordinary

Mooney was back in good form in the second half but the delivery into the forward line was pretty average. Kept kicking it in long to a forward line that was under sized compared to the likes of Dawson and Gilbert etc. plus Gardiner was dropping back when Blake couldn't be stuffed doing it.

Hawkins was very average and we're missing Steve Johnson and Brad Ottens to even up the forward line. Thing about not having Ottens is that neither Blake or Mumford drop forward for a rest...although I don't know why Mumford doesn't.

Forward line is okay when fully running, but against a backline like the Saints it can come undone a little bit.

Re: Superb win to St.Kilda. Superb.

Maybe. But now St.Kilda knows they're good enough to roll you, exactly the same thing Hawthorn took out of our round 17 encounter with you last year.
More the point, if St.Kilda finishes #1 you'll probably be playing the Bulldogs in the first week of the finals, and on their current form you're no guarantee of winning that one either.

I just think that for a team with a proven history of September failure and a 40+ year premiership drought, Geelong supporters have gotten far too cocky far too quickly. I laughed when your supporters started talking 'dynasties' after winning your first flag in nearly half a century.

Just be very very thankful you won't be playing us in September! ;)

And what Teams stupid Supporters was doing the exact same thing after last years Grand Final win? :rolleyes:
I actually wasn't surprised we didn't win the Premiership last Season. After last years Grand Final, I was disappointed, but not heartbroken.
Like Mark Thompson said before the 2008 Season, he wouldn't be surprised if we hadn't finished in the top two last year. And I certaintly wouldn't have been surprised if that had happened.
This year, however, is a completely different kettle of fish for me. I was expecting a top two finish and Premiership prior to the beginning of the Season and that hasn't changed.
But what has changed is my thoughts on St. Kilda. In the early part of the Season, I was a doubter, despite their red-hot form. In the next phase, I thought they were genuine, but not the Benchmark just yet.
But that thought changed yesterday. I think St. Kilda are now the Benchmark and the measuring stick for all Teams.
Well done to the Saints though, they were fantastic. It was a fantastic finish (It would have been better if we'd won though!:p).
But, no. You clearly were the best team yesterday and clearly deserved to win, despite the final minutes. Well done on a great effort and we shall hopefully meet again in September in what we sure hope will be another ripper. :thumbsu:

Well done saints, I'm sooooooo glad you guys won.

As a pies supporter, it looks like we can finish 4th at best, and I'd much rather be playing you guys in a final than the cats, any day. They will have Ottens and Stevie J for the September action, and that puts them almost unstopable. Keep winning and stay on top Saints.

As a pies supporter, it looks like we can finish 4th at best, and I'd much rather be playing you guys in a final than the cats, any day. They will have Ottens and Stevie J for the September action, and that puts them almost unstopable. Keep winning and stay on top Saints.

I guess you weren't alive in 2008?

I guess you weren't alive in 2008?

But L2M4G, they had no forward line, and were inaccurate, and they have uber talent bubling from new guys and we're like only catching them on off weeks so it's not a true reflection on how awesome they are!

I'd say he's more in denial there brother.;)

I do remember our last two classes, and we were convincingly beaten, but the cats are an awesome team, and won't forget last years GF easily.

You guys won yesterday in a great battle, but I do believe that the cats are a better side than you guys this year. That's why I would rather be playing St Kilda first up than the cats, because nobody will beat the cats in the grand final this year, nobody!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scabby Mate #4 is full of laughs.

didak-footycard.jpg

Whoop it up champ.

"Scabby Mate #4 is full of laughs".

Not sure about personal attacks on the St Kilda board, but they are not tolerated on other clubs boards.

If you can't enter a discussion without name calling, may I suggest you don't enter the discussion?

"Scabby Mate #4 is full of laughs".

Not sure about personal attacks on the St Kilda board, but they are not tolerated on other clubs boards.

If you can't enter a discussion without name calling, may I suggest you don't enter the discussion?

A discussion would involve providing evidence for your way of thinking.

"Nobody will beat Geelong in the GF" doesn't quite get the job done.

I also find it mildly amusing that Geelong are GF certainties, given they still play the Bulldogs, Collingwood and the Hawks on the way home.

But L2M4G, they had no forward line, and were inaccurate, and they have uber talent bubling from new guys and we're like only catching them on off weeks so it's not a true reflection on how awesome they are!

I'd say he's more in denial there brother.;)

I'm sure you've heard it all as I have brother. Earlier today I had this pearler dropped on me.

"If Brad Ottens played yesterday, Michael Gardiner wouldn't have even got 4 kicks".

People have a go at Sydney for being negative, but surely having a tagging ruckman is ground that even the Swans are yet to tread upon.

"I also find it mildly amusing that Geelong are GF certainties, given they still play the Bulldogs, Collingwood and the Hawks on the way home".

Yep, I guess your right. A solitary goal in the last 90 seconds of the game was a really convincing win by you guys. Especially considering you had a 5 goal jump on the cats, who were without their #1 forward, and the best marking ruckman in the business.

I have now reconsidered my view, and the Saints have got the 2009 flag in the bag!

I know exactly what you mean brother. Taken me hours to come down from the absolute buzz of the game. A massive feeling of relief too - not just the win but that this game is done & now we can just prepare for the rest of the season.

I had to take a couple of neurofen when I got home. Was shaking at half time from the shouting and the nervous energy.

That's cute. I guess when you've only beaten one team in the top 8, the best thing you can do for fun is try and predict which team would towel you up the least in finals.

And frankly I agree with you. I think Geelong would beat you by 17 goals, whereas we would only beat you by 16 goals and the Dogs would beat you by a paltry 15 goals. Whichever team gets the honour, it sure will be nice to watch.

What a magnificent game of footy. Lived up to the hype.

I have my ticket to the GF already organised and would love to see the Saints win ! (If Fremantle don't make it !)

Remove this Banner Ad

Superb win to St Kilda. Superb.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back