Superbowl

Remove this Banner Ad

Karbassiyoon said:
but still way too intelligent a game for you

vanda you're one of the worst users bigfooty has ever had, the only problem is that you're always on the bandwagon, meaning nobody identifies you as the troll you really are.

Hawthorn & Arsenal hey...................no wonder you are so upset. :D

Karbassiyoon said:
for the second time, due to the administration changing the name of the sport to 'AFL' it is technically no longer a code of football, but simply the sport of 'Australian Football League' - hey, just sticking with the admin, they obviously know whats best for the game
The AFL is merely trying to add value to the AFL brand name in the northern states by having us call it AFL thereby creating brand equity.

AFL is what the game is known as. In all the schools in my area (NSW) kids choose their sports, many choose AFL over Rugby League.
It is known as the sport of AFL , which ,when you break down the acronym, is plain strange.

It just shows that ppl who dislike NFL, simply just don't understand it. No need to ridicule a game that you have no idea about. I pity some ppl on these boards with thier sheer ignorance. Hey, even some AFL games can be poor to watch...any sport infact. Comes down to the skills and standard. If you don't appreciate the game/teams simply don't watch it. I know I couldn't be bothered watching teams/players I don't give a toss about in any sport. Why bag it ?

The AFL can take alot from our American buddies when it comes to putting on a HT show with all the pizzaz as we may try but just can't get to certain level to organise so many things in a small amount of time. With the AFL pushing for a Night Final, you know things will dramatically pick up as that introduces the fireworks display that adds to the NFL HT show.

If new viewers down under see the SuperBowl as the 'best game' of the year, :rolleyes: I think you should take a long HARD look at AFL GF's... most have been decided by three quarter time over the last 10 years whereas the NFL SB's have only had 3 real blow-outs in the same time.

Woodson said:
It just shows that ppl who dislike NFL, simply just don't understand it. No need to ridicule a game that you have no idea about. I pity some ppl on these boards with thier sheer ignorance. Hey, even some AFL games can be poor to watch...any sport infact. Comes down to the skills and standard. If you don't appreciate the game/teams simply don't watch it. I know I couldn't be bothered watching teams/players I don't give a toss about in any sport. Why bag it ?
Good post Woodson. Pretty calm for you. ;)

That's it in a nutshell. If you don't like it, don't watch it. Simple really.

Why people feel the need to comment on a sport they know nothing about is beyond me.

If new viewers down under see the SuperBowl as the 'best game' of the year, :rolleyes: I think you should take a long HARD look at AFL GF's... most have been decided by three quarter time over the last 10 years whereas the NFL SB's have only had 3 real blow-outs in the same time.
That thought did occur to me. As someone who watches 4-5 NFL games per week, I usually find the SB one of the least interesting games of the year.

Maybe the doubters could talk to Mr X about his NFL experience. Went to a fantastic game in appalling conditions (how many would turn up to the G in snowstorm?), and loved every minute of it.

JeffDunne said:
That's it in a nutshell. If you don't like it, don't watch it. Simple really.

Why people feel the need to comment on a sport they know nothing about is beyond me.

That thought did occur to me. As someone who watches 4-5 NFL games per week, I usually find the SB one of the least interesting games of the year.

Maybe the doubters could talk to Mr X about his NFL experience. Went to a fantastic game in appalling conditions (how many would turn up to the G in snowstorm?), and loved every minute of it.

I get the feeling many hard core AFL supporters get COLD FEET when out of thier comfort zone. :p

Freezing night games at the ol' Waverley Park would feel like Paradise compared to Mr X's experience. Mr X is one in a million though.

I felt the same way about the SB this season... at no stage was there a feeling in my bones that Bill Bellichick would be dry after the game. I tried to pump up the Eagles as much as I could on the game lead up but I'm more dissappointed my boys fluffed our chances than the SB result itself. :(

if i was to come up with an opinion on the code of australian rules football based on the gf's of the last 20 yrs .... :rolleyes: australian rules can be an ugly game, notably during a thumping, and in the wet. the former has been a mainstay of gf's for quite a while. once the intensity has left the game of aussie rules it is the worst code of football to watch.

mcgarnacle said:
if i was to come up with an opinion on the code of australian rules football based on the gf's of the last 20 yrs .... :rolleyes: australian rules can be an ugly game, notably during a thumping, and in the wet. the former has been a mainstay of gf's for quite a while. once the intensity has left the game of aussie rules it is the worst code of football to watch.
to you it may be ..not to me , if my sides giving the flogging then it's eutopia.

It is so obvious that all of you complaining are jelous of the NFL, the amount of attention it receives, the fact that all of its games are broadcast live, that all of its games will be broadcast live worldwide next season through the NFL Network, and the fact that Footy flat out pales in comparision to the exitement football carries.

I have been living in Melbourne long enough now to want to puke every time I hear people talking about this dumb game. It's a bunch of fools running around around playing soccer with their hands. There's no order, there's no strategy, it's just "Go out there and run around like chickens with your heads cut off till one of you gets a chance to punch the ball in."
Hmm....ghey.
Football is like a game of chess, you have to know what the other side is going to do 10-15 moves ahead, and even then you probably won't be successful.

What really blows my mind is that this whole post is a bunch of idiots that watched one game and have NO IDEA what's going on, and then call it boring and a bad game. Yeah, that's like the first time I watched Footy, of course it isn't going to make any sense. But at least I learned the rules of Footy, watched the games, understand them, and now understanding both games can comment with a logicial statement that Footy will never ever be as good or popular a sport. Want some proof? Is AFL so popular that they have started a major Euro AFL league? Oh, sorry...

Farrand said:
I always commended the AFL on salary caps. Keeps people in their places.
The fact with that point is that you're encouraging extortion.

The NFL has a salary cap and it's relatively low. Maybe you are thinking of baseball, it does not have a cap, and yes, it's ruining the game. NFL does have a cap, and the salaries don't hurt anyone but the team, they don't cause extortion of the league or the fans. If one player gets a huge contract, say a QB (that's quarterback for Footy fans) then there is less money to build a solid OL (that's offensive line for you Footy fans, those are the guys that protect the QB so that he has time to throw). Hell I even knew Footy had a cap. You might want to check on these types of things before you make yourself look foolish.

Ah, don't you love Falcons fans?

Try putting the brain into gear mate. And I'm not just talking about waking up to the realisation Vick runs because he can't throw a decent pass to save himself.

But getting back to the topic, do you seriously think bagging AFL on an AFL forum is really very smart? Especially when you are criticising others for ignorance?

Oh, sorry that's right, you're a Falcons fan. Ignore my "smart" comment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vick>Footy said:
What really blows my mind is that this whole post is a bunch of idiots that watched one game and have NO IDEA what's going on, and then call it boring and a bad game. Yeah, that's like the first time I watched Footy, of course it isn't going to make any sense. But at least I learned the rules of Footy, watched the games, understand them, and now understanding both games can comment with a logicial statement that Footy will never ever be as good or popular a sport. Want some proof? Is AFL so popular that they have started a major Euro AFL league? Oh, sorry...

A major euro league funded by the NFL played mostly by american players who are tied to an NFL club or want to make a big enough impression to score a contract. They get some decent crowds but the NFL relies on its home base as its lifeblood just like aussie rules. The fact that near on 300 million people live in the US generates plenty of crowds, ratings and revenue for the NFL. For a country of 20 million the AFL is doing just as well.

Don't get me wrong i love my american football as my avatar suggests but i felt your description of aussie rules football was way off base as most of my fellow AFL fans were about the NFL. Both games bring different things to the table and both generate excitement in different ways. Both are great games and i enjoy watching both.

By the way Micheal Vick just like his Atlanta Falcons is overrated ;)

Loved NFL since 86 and its grown on me more and more every year since. I could not split AFL and NFL, fortunately they are not on at the same time of year. Easily my two favorite sports.. If your think NFL is 'too stop start', 'has too many breaks' and 'it takes too long'. Then please just park your arse for 5 days and give action-packed decaying farce of cricket the support it desperately needs.

JeffDunne said:
Oh, sorry that's right, you're a Falcons fan. Ignore my "smart" comment.

That would have been a great attack, but then I look over and see you cheer on the Saints, the biggest band of underachievers in the history of Footy.

Baging on Footy...I watch the games every week mate, I just get ********ed off at the ignorant comments people make after watching one single game.
You're really stuck on this Vick arm thing too, saw another post you made about it on the site. Which makes it very apparent that you never saw Mike play college ball, and you can't grasp that you need solid receivers to pass too. That's why Crump had huge numbers this season because he was the only one who could catch the ball. If Vick had a 1st tier receiver, the Birds would have lit people up this year in the passing game, because the run was so dominate. I've been a season ticket holder for the Birds for 5 years, and make it back home in the fall to go to the games, and I followed him all through college. Don't think you're an expert because you saw a 20sec clip on ESPN. :rolleyes:

Vick>Footy said:
That would have been a great attack, but then I look over and see you cheer on the Saints, the biggest band of underachievers in the history of Footy.

Baging on Footy...I watch the games every week mate, I just get ********ed off at the ignorant comments people make after watching one single game.
You're really stuck on this Vick arm thing too, saw another post you made about it on the site. Which makes it very apparent that you never saw Mike play college ball, and you can't grasp that you need solid receivers to pass too. That's why Crump had huge numbers this season because he was the only one who could catch the ball. If Vick had a 1st tier receiver, the Birds would have lit people up this year in the passing game, because the run was so dominate. I've been a season ticket holder for the Birds for 5 years, and make it back home in the fall to go to the games, and I followed him all through college. Don't think you're an expert because you saw a 20sec clip on ESPN. :rolleyes:

Vick has a strong arm but lacks accuracy. How many times did his recievers get open only for Vick to over throw a pass? Peerless Price is a very good reciever and rookie Micheal Jenkins has shown some ablitity running some decent routes. They are just waiting on vick to learn how to throw some touch passes. We know he can throw a rocket unfortunately they are more like scuds meaning they can land anywhere.

marcuz said:
By the way Micheal Vick just like his Atlanta Falcons is overrated ;)

Bro... Dallas? I mean really...Dallas? I mean, didn't you just have Quincy Carter for a QB? I know that guy, I grew up a stones throw from the University of Georgia. The Tuna really seems to be working...
And AC Milan? Manch. United owns everyone....Arsenal is on a run this year. But the real problem here is....Dallas? Are you serious? I'm putting everyone on notice that I'm taking no more cuts from Dallas fans. :D

marcuz said:
Peerless Price is a very good reciever and rookie Micheal Jenkins has shown some ablitity running some decent routes.

I totally agree on Jenkins, he will come along in the next year or so. But man, you have to be at these games and see the stuff Price does. I mean the fans are so fraustrated with him. Sure occasionally, he's getting rockets from Vick. But the guys hands are just made out of butter. I can't even count the number of droped balls he had this year.

Vick>Footy said:
Bro... Dallas? I mean really...Dallas? I mean, didn't you just have Quincy Carter for a QB? I know that guy, I grew up a stones throw from the University of Georgia. The Tuna really seems to be working...
And AC Milan? Manch. United owns everyone....Arsenal is on a run this year. But the real problem here is....Dallas? Are you serious? I'm putting everyone on notice that I'm taking no more cuts from Dallas fans. :D

Thats ok i can take the hits.

The video tapes of the 92,93 and 95 superbowl wins keep me happy. When did the dirty birds last win one? :)

Vick>Footy said:
Footy or football? It's ok, there's no need to answer.

Don't worry I get sick of it too. But I just never understanding bagging on another sport to back up your argument. AFL fans in particular are very precious of their sport. Please don't rattle our insecurities any further - I couldn't stand it.

We should probably leave this to the NFL forum, but really, Crumpler is a fantastic TE. Christ he'd catch my passes. To use him as an example of Vick's passing ability is a little rich IMO. Granted his receivers aren't the best in the league, but would you continue to run routes hard when your QB was Vick?

As for the 20sec on ESPN - you know nothing about how long or how much NFL I watch, but regardless, pathetic comeback. Especially someone calling AFL trash cause he's watched it for 5 mins.

Hmm this is interesting...havent looked at this thread for a few days, come back and its from from a discussion about which sport is superior to the Atlanta Falcons.

Now Vick>Footy, I'm an Atlanta fan too, but you arent doing yourself any justice here mate! I love my NFL, but would give it up any day of the week for AFL, I have tried watching games involvng other teams and just cant do it, it is too stop start and cant get boring! But I do love watching the Falcons play...a lot of the time to see what Vick will do next.

It has been discussed in depth on the NFL Board about Vick and his arm, and we all know he has improvements to make. But I wouldnt call Price a great receiver. Jenkins should be our #1 receiver next year, he has showed he has what it takes.

Anyway...this isnt the place to be discussing this!

First we get this champagne piece of literature............

Vick>Footy said:
I have been living in Melbourne long enough now to want to puke every time I hear people talking about this dumb game. It's a bunch of fools running around around playing soccer with their hands. There's no order, there's no strategy, it's just "Go out there and run around like chickens with your heads cut off till one of you gets a chance to punch the ball in."
Hmm....ghey.

Follow by this well thought out assessment................

Vick>Footy said:
What really blows my mind is that this whole post is a bunch of idiots that watched one game and have NO IDEA what's going on, and then call it boring and a bad game. Yeah, that's like the first time I watched Footy, of course it isn't going to make any sense. But at least I learned the rules of Footy,
watched the games, understand them,

Remember this ?

Vick>Footy said:
It's a bunch of fools running around around playing soccer with their hands. There's no order, there's no strategy, it's just "Go out there and run around like chickens with your heads cut off till one of you gets a chance to punch the ball in

Follow by this expert analysis

Vick>Footy said:
and now understanding both games can comment with a logicial statement that Footy will never ever be as good or popular a sport.

And to win this critical debate, we get this...................

Vick>Footy said:
Want some proof? Is AFL so popular that they have started a major Euro AFL league? Oh, sorry...

Case closed I guess !!

Vick>Footy said:
The NFL has a salary cap and it's relatively low. Maybe you are thinking of baseball, it does not have a cap, and yes, it's ruining the game. NFL does have a cap, and the salaries don't hurt anyone but the team, they don't cause extortion of the league or the fans. If one player gets a huge contract, say a QB (that's quarterback for Footy fans) then there is less money to build a solid OL (that's offensive line for you Footy fans, those are the guys that protect the QB so that he has time to throw). Hell I even knew Footy had a cap. You might want to check on these types of things before you make yourself look foolish.

I did comment on the NFL salary cap. I gave an approximate value, and that value was quite high compared to The AFL's caps.
I almost respected your answer for a minute, but then you made it personal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Superbowl

Remove this Banner Ad

Back