Superbowl

Remove this Banner Ad

Cant wait for the superbowl, have already made sure i have the day off work.
If you get the chance tomorrow catch the Broncos v Patriots game on ESPn from 11.30?? i think. Its going to be a ripper, winner will win the superbowl in my opinion.

wce_all_da_way said:
Cursed? Its called the Jets buddy

True it was one of the jets worst seasons ever, but the bengals in their first playoff game at a time when they actually look like having a chance of maybe making it to a superbowl:

second offensive play - long throw, caught 66 yard gain YAY! oh wait your QB just suffered a possible career ending injury...

that really sucks

wce_all_da_way said:
That does suck but we have been cursed for a long time now

True, and it doesn't look like getting any better either, only up side for us this season was special teams. Still going to be shot at the QB, DT, OL and RB next year... lets hope we dont get another 'motivator' coach in.

Ragnarok14 said:
True, and it doesn't look like getting any better either, only up side for us this season was special teams. Still going to be shot at the QB, DT, OL and RB next year... lets hope we dont get another 'motivator' coach in.

Oh god wouldn't that be horrible, we need a game day coach very badly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lendale white is good, but I would rather get DeAngelo Williams, great RB and hes already used to playing in a team that has no OL and is also a good reciever, he has also never fumbled a ball in his entire career, it's some damn good hands he's got there.

i can't believe I re-read the 8 or so pages of this thread...

farrand is/was such an ignorant fool. he really knew nothing about the game of american football.

but that just is big footy. a vehicle for morons (which make up 90% of posters) to discuss their views on a chosen topic which they know nothing about.

keep up the good work.

mcgarnacle said:
i can't believe I re-read the 8 or so pages of this thread...

farrand is/was such an ignorant fool. he really knew nothing about the game of american football.

but that just is big footy. a vehicle for morons (which make up 90% of posters) to discuss their views on a chosen topic which they know nothing about.

keep up the good work.

Ah yes but it is always the other dog owners who are the responsible ones hey mcgarnacle?

My moronic view is that if ever you are tempted by the junk food that is Amercian sports, watch the entire coverage of the upcoming Superbowl. This sport was just designed for television with multiple ad breaks and ample opportunity for a talk fest by those that indulge in over analysis of this rather tedious event.

The best way for non hardcore fans of this sport would be to watch the 'highlights' package that shows the plays only. I'm not a huge fan but it isn't bad to actually go and see a game live as my brother in law used to play.

Catnip said:
Ah yes but it is always the other dog owners who are the responsible ones hey mcgarnacle?

My moronic view is that if ever you are tempted by the junk food that is Amercian sports, watch the entire coverage of the upcoming Superbowl. This sport was just designed for television with multiple ad breaks and ample opportunity for a talk fest by those that indulge in over analysis of this rather tedious event.

The best way for non hardcore fans of this sport would be to watch the 'highlights' package that shows the plays only. I'm not a huge fan but it isn't bad to actually go and see a game live as my brother in law used to play.
I watch many games during the season and enjoy it. But basing a like or dislike for this sport based on this one match every year is ridiculous. It is not unlike asking an AFL novice to make a verdict on our great game based on the GF. 9 GF's out of 10, its a fizzer. There are another 266 matches of NFL games during the season and loads of exciting college games as well.

Furthermore, the standard "gridiron is a sport for fat guys" and "gridiron doesn't require the same level of fitness and athleticsim as Australian Football" are other examples of typical comments made by fools who are: (i) ignorant; & (ii) have probably never been active in their life, and it has been raised by some moronic posters in this thread.

'Fitness' is not only defined by aerobic capacity or endurance. It relative to the sport and success in American Football is dependent upon the quality of repetitive sets of 100% efforts for the period the ball is in play. Thus, fitness in gridiron is geared toward repetitive demonstrations of: (i) speed; (ii) strength; (iii) power; (iv) agility. A great anaerobic capacity is vital to be competitive in this sport.

Big guys man the line of scrimmage, but most of these so-called 'tubbies' would outrun & sidestep many 'leaner' participants of other sports. The weight is required to 'hold the fort' for the quarterback, or create lanes for the running back on offense. Its needed on defense to combat this size. Needless to say, an offensive or defensive line of the stature of Nick Davis, Brodie Holland, Shane Crawford, etc would be impotent for this cause. I recall reading an article by Ben Graham in his first few weeks of off-season training at the Jets and his remark about the weights these guys were throwing around in the gym would shame most AFL players. They are big strong guys with functional strength. Then you have freaks such as linebackers who average around 6'1" - 6'5" and weigh anywhere between 105 - 125kgs (Graham's paying stats were 6'4", 100kgs) who run 4.5sec 40-yds.

i don't care if people denounce a sport, but an opinion is hard to digest when the person at the end of it doesn't have a clue what their talking about.

Good game today, Denver were great defensively for most of the game and offensively worked very well as they usually do, especially seeing as there running game was controlled.

One thing that has began to really annoy me lately since Ben Graham went over is all the talk about AFL players going over there. Especially from morons on here that have no idea about the game. Nick Davis, pfft my ass that ain't going to happen. Many people have been led to believe that all you need is a big kick, which is conplete bull crap. It take control, a big kick but the most important thing is being able to get some good hang time. I can't think of many other AFL players that are capable of doing it and doing it well.
Although the game is starting to get a bit of a name over here so dont be to suprised to see some younger people get college scholarships, but also be in positions other than punters.

My point was that if you watch a live game (Superbowl or other) you get to see how incredibly drawn out the sport of American Football is. It seems you spend as much time watching the teams coming on and off the field as you do watching the plays.

Cheers. :thumbsu:

mcgarnacle said:
I recall reading an article by Ben Graham in his first few weeks of off-season training at the Jets and his remark about the weights these guys were throwing around in the gym would shame most AFL players.

Yes, but Ben Graham and most AFL players probably don't need to read http://www.steroidabuse.org/

The single worst spot in the world.
Slow, boring, over dramatised and just well... crap.

wizard_9 said:
Well if you dont care than why come into a thread called superbowl than fu*kface. I bet a lot of you would love the game if you actully sat down and watched it.

Before you say anything like that to me in response:
1. The initial post for this thread was bagging NFL football.
2. I have watched many games and my opinion of the sport deteriorates with every viewing
3. I understand the rules so that is not an issue.

It is a hard sport to watch if you've grown up anywhere outside of the US due to its stop start games, but hey they also like baseball, which is a similar type of stop start action game. The plusses to NFL though is the strategies involved in it. It is a much more tactical game than any other football code IMO, but also much harder to watch and get into.

But each to his own anyway, I think if they showed replays of just the plays it would be more popular as was suggested before.

Remove this Banner Ad

Superbowl

Remove this Banner Ad

Back