SuperCoach Vent and Regrets 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I traded in Greene for Pendles before this week...

Hindsight I could have just taken Mountford's Emergency score + Greene looks like being rubbed out for 1-2 weeks for his shitty jumper punch.... :mad:
+1
Buyer remorse on greene
Thought steele was running out of steam, so wasted a trade, lost some pts this round & less cover leading into finals - great trade!

+1
Buyer remorse on greene
Thought steele was running out of steam, so wasted a trade, lost some pts this round & less cover leading into finals - great trade!

Bad luck mate.

That's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes though.

This game can be a bloody biatch! :(

The one that counts is getting rid of Yeo last week for Walters to make sure it got me a a cashie win.

I didn't need to & it cost me this week.

Actually generally happy.
Starting selections were good, traded earlier than in previous years to avoid leaving run too late.
Side had good potential, degrees of freedom etc.
Wasted that with poor C choices by jumping at shadows in terms of twitter scuttlebutt recently and not taking smart risks and one costly screw-up on not re-checking e settings after reversing a trade late one round.
Thinking of going a dedicated m/f floating donut in the starting side or just holding on to a rookie who's dropped early on. At times I just had too many playing. Good for cash generation, but leaves you unable to cash in on stuff like Otten 120 etc.

In hindsight, I've got lots of regrets this year.

As some of you, I produced that spreadsheet in the pre-season, and I didn't even really follow my own work lol.

I regret not starting with Josh Kelly, Clayton Oliver and Jake Lloyd. I started with Zach Tuohy and didn't jump on Michael Hibberd when he became available despite having him in my initial squad. I regret starting with Treloar and Riewoldt, and not starting with Titch, Yeo and Docherty.

My year has been the epitome of close but not close enough, started the season 6-1 in my main cash league, I'm now 8-8 and gunna miss the finals. I've lost 4 out of my last 5 by 50 points or less and it's those little differences that've killed me. I've made a pact with myself now to just back myself in next year and not always jump on the obvious choices. Every week I get rolled by, or see teams dominate with some left field choices

Last edited:
Regrets
2E
Roughy
Jom
Shaw
Murphy
Bont
Nank

Trading out beams thinking he was gone for longer than he was
Wasting trades left, right and centre
You'd think someone who has scored 100+ in 5 of their last 6 games would be OK? Nope.
Or Picking up someone who has scored over 100 in 10 of their last 11 games? Nope.
Reliability is a ****ing myth in SC. Trust no one.

Being TOO safe.
Round 18 and I've only achieved a top 10K weekly ranking twice.... yet am ranked mid 6K and have been as low as sub 4K.
Sitting 5th in league on 11-5. Lost to top 3 teams by a combined 96 points.
Slow and steady does NOT win the race.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being TOO safe.
Round 18 and I've only achieved a top 10K weekly ranking twice.... yet am ranked mid 6K and have been as low as sub 4K.
Sitting 5th in league on 11-5. Lost to top 3 teams by a combined 96 points.
Slow and steady does NOT win the race.

The race is not over, don't get ahead of yourself now

Picked up Captain JPK tonight just in time for his 200th game and his 118 avg vs hawthorn, arent i a ******* mug. **** this sc ahit, footy was so much more enjoyable when you watched the game for what it was.
He started well but had a shocker. I had him as VC last night

Injured a hammy.
Likely out for 1 week

Will have to hold him.

Most likely to have the double chance in all my 6 leagues anyways. :thumbsu:

I'll just play Adams in the mids and Ryan on the ground, wont be much difference anyways. :rainbow:

Last edited:
started ZJones and Tuohy over Witherden and Ryan

:( :( :(

ZJones + Tuohy = 136
Ryan = 136!!!! :straining:
Ryan + Witherden = A LOT MORE THAN 136!!!!!!! :mad::'(

Last edited:
Was 50/50 on Dusty or Kreuz for Pendles...

This entire round can get ****ed.

- JPK and Buddy scoring 100 between them, players my H2H opponent doesn't have.
- Bringing Titch in only for him to score his lowest score since the byes
- Putting witherdin on the field to replace Lloyd, leaving Ryan's 135 on the bench.
- Fielding Nank over Greenwood because Gold coast don't have a forward line. Nank goes and scores 60.
- Shaw being on the field with a 50 with Ryan's score sitting there.
- Kreuzer getting injured after being on about 70 just after half time and not returning.
- Have gone from a projected total of 2480 to 2119.

And this is all before Sunday even begins :(

Last edited:
Garry Ablett Jnr..
Round 19 and just 13 games.
Had you from day Dot.
Some great games but you're killing me.
Comon brother...just a bit more enthusiasm for those GC Suns..

Also taking the VC loophole off Fyfe to Danga as Captain this weekend.
....no thanks this time JM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back