alstar562

Senior List
Jun 1, 2003
busselton WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WCE
I think everyone should support Benny, it takes courage to admit u have a problem, U can all bag him if u want but ben wil end up having the last laugh 2 all u critics......

ohh yeah...i feel so sorry for the poor bloke...he's only broken just about every rule in the book REPEATEDLY and KNOWINGLY thru his OWN CHOICES....along the way he's potentially damaged his clubs chances in 07, ruined their name, tainted a premiership, burnt his mates, brought the game into disrepute and lost all respect.

Sorry champ...rules are rules...and to top it off he's been accepting payment from his club whilst knowingly breaking his contract....those that have had to put up with the spoilt brat are the ones more deserving of your pity.

Too late buddy...he made his choices...he should just accept some responsibility for his own stupidity and take it on the chin instead of trying to once again look for a hole that lets him squirm out....that way he can be back playing footy next yr and ppl will gladly forgive him for a mistake.

...or should there be a drugs policy for the unkown players and a seperate one for the well known ?

Doesnt anyone want to take responsibity for their actions anymore ?....or is it all about how many solicitors u know and how much bullshyt u can spin ? All he needs to do is take his punishment like a man and all will be forgiven....not enjoying seeing him look like a squibb.

I think everyone should support Benny, it takes courage to admit u have a problem, U can all bag him if u want but ben wil end up having the last laugh 2 all u critics......

Uh oh,a teeny with the crush on Cuz :rolleyes:

Sorry,I'm not supporting him.Why the hell should I ?
Big deal he has a problem,which he's brought on himself.
I couldn't give a fat rats if he recovers or if he's found dead in a gutter.

i dont know if he has admitted he has a problem. If he wasnt forced into it by other people he probably would keep doing what he was doing.

This seems to be the growing story.......that Ben is still in a bit of denial and not yet convinced he needs to take drastic action to make changes.

Others around him seem to be doing the talking atm regarding the need for Re-hab

Dean%20Shostak%20and%20Glass%20Violin.jpg

This seems to be the growing story.......that Ben is still in a bit of denial and not yet convinced he needs to take drastic action to make changes.

Others around him seem to be doing the talking atm regarding the need for Re-hab

The 1st step of his recovery is that HE admitts he has a substance abuse problem. You can't and wont go anywhere until you do that.

Problem?? I dont see a problem...

He's a 27?? (not sure) year old bloke, makes a stupid amount of coin doing a job he has loved since he was a kid, likes to party hard, can afford to and is treated like a King in the fishbowl environment he is in. Ben should support me cause I cant live like that :D

Ben's only problem is he broke the rules and he got caught.

No doubt this will blow over and Ben will continue to live his life to the fullest.

The whole rehab story is an attempt to get around a long term suspension from the league.

I can't believe the AFL haven't started an official investigation.

Exactly, the whole of Australia is laughing at the AFL & what are they doing about it? Sweet FA!!!

In fact they continue to deny any knowledge, if anything as significant happened like this in the real business world the top man 'Vlad' would be thrown out on his ar$e. They & the Eagles have hidden behind a cover of denial threw this whole episode, in order to cover their tracks.

Worsfold is the only one to come out of this well. The fact that the coach has had to be the one to front the media & be the public face (the only honest one at least) is an indictment on the Eagles hierachy.

Support Ben??? What has he done to deserve it?
Has left it to his father & coach to speak on his behalf, which I consider to be cowardly. Where has he admiited his problem? It has only come public because the club finally took some action.

I might support him when he stands up like a man & stops hiding behind the same veil that the AFL, & Eagles hierachy have been hiding under for some time now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Bobby it's not just the Eagles.

There's another high profile player being protected by his club.

At the very least the AFL should be asking why players with known problems are passing drug tests. In particular they should be focusing on the involvement of clubs and their officials.

Worsfold is on the record saying that he knew Benny had a problem last July - but he continued to play him. i.e. he knowingly played a player that was taking banned substances.

What would Ben Cousins be earning at the moment ?? $300-400K per annum maybe ??

He has been living a very lavish lifestyle in the west due to his footballing personality which would include women throwing themselves at him plus the media beating a path to his door etc.

Then he goes and gets himself into serious strife by associating himself with supposed underworld figures plus drugs and some 'bleeding heart' wants everyone to feel sorry for him ?

Mate, the day I'm earning that sort of $$$ and lifestyle, I hope you all feel sorry for me too !!

Agree !
i for one support him now and i hope he can play football at the highest level again but i just want the man to get over his problem and be healthy again :thumbsu:

ohh yeah...i feel so sorry for the poor bloke...he's only broken just about every rule in the book REPEATEDLY and KNOWINGLY thru his OWN CHOICES....along the way he's potentially damaged his clubs chances in 07, ruined their name, tainted a premiership, burnt his mates, brought the game into disrepute and lost all respect.

Sorry champ...rules are rules...and to top it off he's been accepting payment from his club whilst knowingly breaking his contract....those that have had to put up with the spoilt brat are the ones more deserving of your pity.

Too late buddy...he made his choices...he should just accept some responsibility for his own stupidity and take it on the chin instead of trying to once again look for a hole that lets him squirm out....that way he can be back playing footy next yr and ppl will gladly forgive him for a mistake.

...or should there be a drugs policy for the unkown players and a seperate one for the well known ?

Doesnt anyone want to take responsibity for their actions anymore ?....or is it all about how many solicitors u know and how much bullshyt u can spin ? All he needs to do is take his punishment like a man and all will be forgiven....not enjoying seeing him look like a squibb.

I agree that Cousins has made his own choices. But I don't agree with the rules. If it's his own choice, and if it doesn't affect his game, why should anyone else care?

When Worsfold was on TFS the other night and he said something like:

"None of the players said: 'Yes I take drugs from time to time, but it's not going to affect my game. Just judge me on how I train and how I play' No, they all told me flat out that they didn't do anything like that at all."

I knew it wasn't going to happen but I was wishing one of those three morons Brayshaw, Lyon and Newman to ask him what he would have done if they had said they take drugs but won't let it affect their game. Would that be confidential? What if the police came asking questions about players and drugs? Unless I knew for sure it was confidential, I wouldn't be telling him I take drugs.

Drugs are a pretty big problem, but zero tolerance has been going on for ages now and IT JUST DOESN'T WORK!

Cousins has given you all hours and hours of entertainment, how about you all just stay the **** out of his personal life and let the man play football? I mean, they are his own choices after all.

It takes courage to admit it, yes, but it's been a forced hand for Benny, he didn't come out and say he had a problem, he was found out.

Why not go down to a community drug clinic and support someone who fell into drugs through a lack of social support, poor upbringing and impoverished circumstances since you are such a bleeding heart.

Its less understandable to feel sorry for some overpaid buffoon who knew how much of a good wicket he was on and threw it all away.

For gods sake, I don't wish harm on the guy, but if you expect me to hold a group candlelight vigil outside his bedroom window singing Kumbaya, you are delerious.

If you openly tell bold faced lies to a man you are supposed to respect as a friend, coach and legend of WA football, why exactly should anyone feel sorry for you for being so pathetic. Sorry not supporting someone who refuses to take reponsibility for their own stupid on-going decisions.:thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

Support Ben....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back