Supporters - Request an External Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Stack cost us not only in money, but more a list spot for 4 seasons. That could have been time, money and energy into another player as he really was a pest in the end. What you've said here is that there have been hiccups, but can we improve in minimising them is the question?
Stop drafting boys with 2 mums. Un mitigated disaster

Sydney Stack is a good reason why something like this needs constant reviewing. A wasted talent and possibly human being which cost the club money. effort, possible embarrassment and time. Yes the club tried a lot of things with him , but in the end they weren't successful.
Stack cost us not only in money, but more a list spot for 4 seasons. That could have been time, money and energy into another player as he really was a pest in the end. What you've said here is that there have been hiccups, but can we improve in minimising them is the question?
Every player we draft cost the club money, no exceptions.

The fact Stack has stuffed up nearly every time he has left our club environment suggests we had some positive impact on his life. So I would suggest it is highly likely not only did we minimise them, we stopped them for a period of time whilst he was at our club. But at the end of the day, the club can only do so much (much like family can only do so much for troubled family members).

Not everyone can be saved / turned around / be successful. The fact no one will go near him given his talent suggests we believe and back our culture in rather than have to sit back and question it.

And given Stack was a SSP selection, we probably got out of him than most SSP selections, again a positive for the club.

Stack's inability to control his behaviours outside of our club, both at the time and now he is no longer there are in no way a reflection on the club ability and efforts to help give the young man the opportunity of lifetime, one he's pissed, danced and whatever'd up the wall.

Letting Deledio go was the best thing our club ever did. I had high hopes for McKenzie when we drafted him, like I do with many of our picks I guess.
Agree, I was no Deledio fan. Could play, in so many way.

There were plenty of posters falling for this nonsense hook, line and sinker. The opposition observation thread was 10 times worse, filled with so many believing all they read blindly, cos no one ever lied for financial gain? Least of all bitter ex-employees who through laziness went from potentially earning millions by age 25 and instead ended up doing porridge and couch surfing. Clarko, Fagan and the Burt have had their lives somewhat ruined. The author of the report, Phil Egan has been arrested and charged with financial fraud. Oddly tumbleweeds when it comes to ruining his reputation. Wonder if he's still on the payroll at Punt Rd?

Where's the morality police demanding he not fraternize at Punt Rd. Hope it ends up in court where their identities are revealed, and claims scrutinized. The AFL and Hawks better not give them a single cent. The total allegations which proved factual was a joke about Rioli's Mrs. holey pants, which I've made ad nauseum to any imbecile that hands over coin for holey clothes thinking they look trendy.

Difference ours would be called without there being a fire to put out. All the others were only reacting to complaints, we would be the only one being proactive.

Reading through this, someone mentioned Rhys McKenzie. Couldn't even remember this kid being on our list. Googled his story & was a bit surprised to read it

Read his full post below:

"When you have intolerable levels of anxiety and depression and have developed an eating disorder causing you to lose all of your friends all because of an incompetent, dysfunctional, joke and embarrassment of a club," McKenzie wrote.

"I didn't retire from football because of mental health reasons, I quit Richmond, I f***ing quit because if I had continued to receive the treatment that they were giving me I would have killed myself no doubt.

"No person at any profession deserves the treatment I received, they are a disgrace to professional sporting clubs around the world and it's no wonder they got someone else in to do Dan Richardson's job because he knows f*** all about football and f*** all about basic human care.

"When I was 16 I tried to commit suicide, but I failed, I failed because in those moment of agony I told myself that I would one day play AFL and that was the only thing that was going to keep me going and then one day I got there only to have my dream taken away by a joke of a club that doesn't know how to take care of its players.

"I am now a broken man because of this. Football was my life and now I don't even know if I will ever be able to return to the football field because of my anxiety.

"They even tried to silence me by signing a deed of release that was going to have a silence clause for life but instead I signed one that was for a 'reasonable period of time'.

"Well you know what, I find it a pretty damn reasonable period of time...f*** you Richmond, thanks for ruining my life, just hope you don't f*** someone else's up too."

------

Shows you how much times have changed in less than a decade.I cant even remember this happening - if it were to happen now, it would be a big story.

Dare say people who think we have no reason to do a review on ALL PLAYER treatment may need to take a moment of pause. If we did indeed request him to sign a deed of release, then we are not much better. Asking that of a 20 year old kid is very poor form
Reece had lots of mental issues even before arriving at the club. He even admits he was suicidal at the age of 16

There were plenty of posters falling for this nonsense hook, line and sinker. The opposition observation thread was 10 times worse, filled with so many believing all they read blindly, cos no one ever lied for financial gain? Least of all bitter ex-employees who through laziness went from potentially earning millions by age 25 and instead ended up doing porridge and couch surfing. Clarko, Fagan and the Burt have had their lives somewhat ruined. The author of the report, Phil Egan has been arrested and charged with financial fraud. Oddly tumbleweeds when it comes to ruining his reputation. Wonder if he's still on the payroll at Punt Rd?

Where's the morality police demanding he not fraternize at Punt Rd. Hope it ends up in court where their identities are revealed, and claims scrutinized. The AFL and Hawks better not give them a single cent. The total allegations which proved factual was a joke about Rioli's Mrs. holey pants, which I've made ad nauseum to any imbecile that hands over coin for holey clothes thinking they look trendy.

Any report run by the AFL or Hawthorn had no integrity to begin with. The fact they are finding nothing is not shocking at all.

The families are taking the matter to the Human Rights Commission we will see what they have to say.

I must say, if the families have been making these matters up, them choosing for it to be presented to the Human Rights Commission is an incredibly odd decision. I would imagine it would be a dagger to them for any potential cross lawsuit for defamation etc. So they must be quite confident to present their findsins to a NEUTRAL body.

I mean no one is shocked that they found nothing? The families from all reports refused to even speak to them, such was their lack of trust in the hearing. Of course they found nothing, no one would literally speak to them. The AFL is basically running Clarko & Fagans defence at this stage, they have as much to lose as anyone.

Any report run by the AFL or Hawthorn had no integrity to begin with. The fact they are finding nothing is not shocking at all.

The families are taking the matter to the Human Rights Commission we will see what they have to say.

I must say, if the families have been making these matters up, them choosing for it to be presented to the Human Rights Commission is an incredibly odd decision. I would imagine it would be a dagger to them for any potential cross lawsuit for defamation etc.

They can't lose. Their reputation is nonexistent. Their finances are Nil. One of them has been in and out of jail more times than Clarko's coached flags. Their lawyers' bills are picked up by the taxpayer due to their backgrounds. If this drags out the hawks trio will pay hundreds of thousands in lawyers fees whilst the accusers pay nothing so they'll be gambling on a settlement. Offer the Hawks trio to pay $100k and no finding or pay $300k in lawyer's bills for example?Put them before a fair dinkum court where they get cross examined and their character's assassinated same as the Hawthorn trio.

Imagine the judge and jury when the character witnesses are rolled out. Clarko and Fagan and Burt will have exemplary records with phenomenal references from who's who of the leaders of Australia. One of the players, who is still on meth is gonna have some nobody they met through their 5th prison sentence for....... saying they've changed their ways... such a great bloke..... until the Hawk's leader's tea off on their credibility....

"One-time AFL star recruit &^%$$ is out of jail on parole — after serving four years of a four-year and eight-month term for a string of meth-fuelled crimes.

Within hours of his release last week, the 25-year-old — who is looking fit and healthy — was posting photographs of himself on social media with friends and relatives.

He captioned one Instagram post “God is my strength” but it is unclear if religion helped him get through his stint behind bars.

The former Hawthorn draftee was back on the training track on Tuesday night with amateur club ........., who play in C2 grade of the newly renamed Perth Football League.

&&^&^% was jailed in 2015 after pleading guilty to 14 charges from a three-month crime spree that included stealing vehicles, aggravated burglary and evading police in a pursuit.

He also pleaded guilty to driving recklessly — an offence he recorded on camera and posted on Facebook to boast about doing between 140km/h and 200km/h in a stolen car. His final crime was stealing a pair of ...... from ...... so he could look respectable in court.

Hawthorn had selected the player as a 19-year-old in the 20## national draft.

But by March 2014 he had quit the club and later admitted he had developed a methamphetamine addiction. He turned to crime when back home in WA after spending every cent he earned from football on the drug.

###$$$$$ Foo###$$$$$ager ........ yesterday wished $$%%%% all the best and said he was pleased he was out of jail.

When asked if the footballer might return to the club he answered: “never say never”.

“But there would be a lot of people at the club, not just the football staff, who he’d need to convince that he was on the right path,” .... said.

During his sentencing hearing in September 2015, .....’s lawyer ........ said the then 21-year-old had gone off the rails and was on a course of self-destruction when he committed the crimes.

Mr ....... said his client had found the disappointment his mother felt at his failure to succeed at Hawthorn as “heartbreaking” and his talent became “a bit of a millstone around his neck”.

But he had already spent seven months behind bars before he was sentenced and had told his lawyer he was ready to stay out of trouble and did not want to waste his life.

Judge ........ would not suspend the jail term, telling %%^^% he had already wasted two chances courts had given him through intensive supervision orders."

For the record he ended up back in jail again.

Supporters - Request an External Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Back