FTA-TV Survivor 41

Remove this Banner Ad

The "dilemma" only works if people don't know what decision they have to make, once separated from the other player. We're at episode 2 and players have already gamed the system, planning their choices in advance atop the mountain. Makes a mockery of the entire "dilemma."

Did production not expect players to share the rules back at camp? Wouldn't different dilemmas with different risks/advantages be the obvious way to stop collusion?

I can see them changing the decision on the wheel soon If it's going to be a weekly thing.

Caught up with the first two episodes. A lot happening, which I expected given the shorter version of this game. Can’t recall Jeff ever speaking that much directly at the camera.

Agree with earlier comments that the Xander no vote restriction is a bit harsh, maybe it should have been for the next tribal council only. Having no vote indefinitely especially with such a small tribe is going to be very hard for him to work his way out of (unless there’s a drop your buffs moment next week).

Honestly not voting Tiffany was extremely stupid. She's:

1. Stupid
2. Not good in challenges (why tf was she not on puzzle duty?)
3. Extremely volatile

With someone like George at least you know his strategic brain is top notch. She genuinely sucks. I like Evie but she made the wrong choice.

Hmm, strange episode and some strange twists. I love Survivor and will defend it pretty strongly, but the super complicated twists are getting a bit much. An indefinite no vote is negating Xander's extra vote and his ability to use the also quite complicated dice.

I'm confused as to why Evvie and Liana didn't just go ahead and vote for Xander if they were sticking with the girls. Evvie knew 100% that Xander didn't have a vote, so at worst it would have been 2-1-1. I think that the other tribes will find their clues next week.

I think ultimately they messed up last week not voting out Tiffany, particularly Evvie who Xander had full trust in, these tiny tribes don't allow room for challenge liabilities and it only gets harder once the other tribes can rest players. This is why I don't like this 6-6-6 set up, logically it should mean that older/weaker women have no chance, and I like that normal Survivor gives everyone a decent chance. I guess they do have a chance though given she's still there..

Honestly not voting Tiffany was extremely stupid. She's:

1. Stupid
2. Not good in challenges (why tf was she not on puzzle duty?)
3. Extremely volatile

With someone like George at least you know his strategic brain is top notch. She genuinely sucks. I like Evie but she made the wrong choice.

Trying to remember - which one is George?

The disadvantage to Xander with that idol seems ridiculously unfair. What happens if nobody at the other camps finds the same clue? What happens if they merge into one tribe before all 3 separate clues are found? What if one tribe refuses to open it, after Eevy spilled the beans about the rules? Does Xander never get his vote back?

It's like they don't even think through the consequences of these twists before implementing them. Losing his vote for one Tribal was surely punishment enough.

I know people hated AU Survivor and the excess of dumb twists/advantages, but our version looks restrained next to modern US Survivor.
To be fair, it was Xander's own flawed decision to divulge about his discovery - he immediately put a target straight on his back. It's as if they've got to blurt it out to try to convince others of their own cleverness, and it never works, especially when their "alliances" are so young and fragile. Historically, the best players would never have gone down that track.

To be fair, it was Xander's own flawed decision to divulge about his discovery - he immediately put a target straight on his back. It's as if they've got to blurt it out to try to convince others of their own cleverness, and it never works, especially when their "alliances" are so young and fragile. Historically, the best players would never have gone down that track.

In a larger tribe, then yes it’s perhaps it’s more feasible to keep it to himself. However with smaller numbers, one player out of 5 not being able to vote is quite significant. So I almost think he had little alternative but to tell his alliance.

In a larger tribe, then yes it’s perhaps it’s more feasible to keep it to himself. However with smaller numbers, one player out of 5 not being able to vote is quite significant. So I almost think he had little alternative but to tell his alliance.
They might never know he hasn't voted. Three votes is a majority - they rarely need to read the last one anyway. I'd have kept it hush hush if I were him until he got a better scope of his alliance.

I'm confused as to why Evvie and Liana didn't just go ahead and vote for Xander if they were sticking with the girls. Evvie knew 100% that Xander didn't have a vote, so at worst it would have been 2-1-1. I think that the other tribes will find their clues next week.
Almost certainly they were placating Tiffany.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Almost certainly they were placating Tiffany.
They certainly were, but they showed more patience than I would have. This has left them exposed to the very real possibility that Xander has an idol next week, and an extra vote for the future. In voting him off they could have eliminated the chances of the other 2 tribes activating their idols too. Tiffany was completely irrational, not someone I'd want to partner with.

I'm just not getting the hate for the contestant selection? For 40 seasons we've had a contrived cross section consisting of primarily beautiful young alphas, and now they when include a stack of people you'd be more likely see on a typical tram ride into the city it's suddenly not representative?

Admittedly, the Protect vs Risk thing will get old quickly - they needed to run it more prisoner's dilemma than they have. A fan of the three-way immunity idol though, even if Xander has quickly found a way to stuff it up for himself.

I'm just not getting the hate for the contestant selection? For 40 seasons we've had a contrived cross section consisting of primarily beautiful young alphas, and now they when include a stack of people you'd be more likely see on a typical tram ride into the city it's suddenly not representative?

I don't remember reading much hate here about the Cast.

Most people appear to think it's a good cast.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Survivor 41

Remove this Banner Ad

Back