Autopsy Swans end our 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Like the Coach we are an emotions based side, when we are not on, the flaws in our gameplan and the gaps in the list are badly exposed by the best in big games.. The list has promise, midfield good, backs ok, forwards terrible, we only have 2 forwards of quality. Need to address the gap urgently, then off course the coach and his one gameplan.

Richmond won a flag (2017) with one genuine KPF.. meanwhile DIXON & ESAVA have to play!!

I'd seriously be happier with MG and a cast of smalls to that garbage last night.

Did wonder how Burgoyne ended up on Heeney. We as supporters had it pretty clear cut with bergman being able to compete against him on land and in air. Could of been
bzt amartey
Esava mcdonald
Aliir McLean

all swings and round abouts i suppose when the ball is getting fed easily to the oppo team further up the field

Did wonder how Burgoyne ended up on Heeney. We as supporters had it pretty clear cut with bergman being able to compete against him on land and in air. Could of been
bzt amartey
Esava mcdonald
Aliir McLean

all swings and round abouts i suppose when the ball is getting fed easily to the oppo team further up the field

Bzt was shown up last night a few times he was running like he was in quick sand.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Cupboard is bare?

It's not so much bare as Ken locked into 26 players by the end of the year and we were stuck with them.

He could have put 3 or 4 games into Lorenz and Anastasopoulos during the year, their form warranted selection. Then they could have been genuine options.

But he just won't because he was caught on the McEntee/Narkle/FEvans merry go round. And Mead should have been dropped weeks ago.

Esava at least competes as a forward but he had what, 1 shot on goal in the past 6 weeks?

Our effective forward targets were Georgiades and Rioli with a bit of support from DBJ.

The F50 entry game plan was simply get territory and hope for the best, forgetting the bit about planning for the worst.

The names we've been linked with in recruiting talk actually make sense to me and if we get them, we can jettison a few of these players that just aren't up to AFL at the pointy end.

Good luck to Sydney hope they win it, do not want another Victorian team winning. Go Sydney, go Brisbane.
If you strip it back to the lowest common denominator, there are three Victorian teams still in it. South Melbourne, Fitzroy, and Geelong. Watch the Vic media hype if Brisbane do happen to sneak past Geelong. " First time since 1899 these two foundation clubs meet in a decider " .

Are people are upset at the result last night, or more about what has happened and what's ahead of our club?

Good, young players turned soft by a soft coach who is truely inept. Perhaps a good line coach, but 12 years and not 1 GF appearance.

Personally, it's a cluster f** of a season from SANFL to AFL. The whole club is kinda f**ed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought at the time that it was 2020 or bust for us, and that's becoming more and more obvious.

Compare our 2020 finals performance to 2021, 2023 and now 2024. At least in 2020 it took one of the greatest dynasty sides of the modern era to beat us and that was only by a bees dick.
Age wise we are still in the window but we need some good forwards

Beaten by a better coached well structured team.

Again.

This franchise is so far from Port Adelaide.

They don't care that long term passionate members are walking away.

They shit all over us and give us absolutely no way to have a voice for change.

I am done.

The team we played last night lacked top and middle talent.

A: Butters, Horne-Francis, Rozee (3)
B: Bergman, Aliir, Boak, Drew, Burgoyne, Wines, Byrne-Jones, Rioli, Georgiades, Sweet (10)
C: Zerk-Thacher, Burton, Evans, Jones, Mead, Dixon, Ratugolea, Sinn, Narkle, Evans (10)

What has not helped is some of our players played below their capability last night (short term problem). Whilst others have regressed into becoming lower quality players and not many have progressed into higher quality players (long term problem).

PF1SyPA24DB6403.jpg

"I'm surrounded by losers"

Look at Brisbane to compare a team that bats deep. They lost Doedee, who is a competent defender, Coleman , who is a gun half back, Gardiner and McCarthy,all to ACL's. They would all be walk up starts in our team. And they can still pull out of the reserves a good role player that will do the job . And they have a F/S coming in the draft that is shaping as another gun. What have we got? Wooden spooners, Narkle , Jed, Rat, and Frankie
Help!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans end our 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back