Game Day Swans v Dogs 7:20 PM (AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea why McNeil is on the wing. Too small, terrible skills and can’t find enough of the ball. If he’s going to be on the ground, it has to be small forward.
I have no idea why he is playing

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

A billion of our guys inside their forward 50, and they STILL had a guy on his own with no one near him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've been trained to the point of the first thought is instinctively to handball backwards, before even turning forwards to see what is ahead. And it's often to a static player, or even one moving AWAY from our goals.

Even the Freo game a few weeks ago, there was an instance where we had possession on the city wing, and instead of kicking over the mark, there were 5 handballs in a circle, then several backwards kicks and we ended up with the ball in the OPPOSITE defensive back pocket.

It's mind-boggling, but so repetitive it has to be ingrained from coaching instruction. I get you need to switch, but how often do we switch and concede excessive territory? It must be exhausting to play, and often the weaker defenders are involved in maintaining the chain with kicks beyond their skill level.

This is why when people just put it all on the players I laugh. A for bit of what they do they’re being coached to do.

Our teams inability to stop teams scoring bunches of points means we aren’t a serious team. Devoid of on-field leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back