AFLW Autopsy Swans vs Geelong Sunday 6th Oct Henson Park @ 3:05PM

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't understand HTB. I have to admit we were lucky there and I don't think that was HTB. And yet earlier Geelong were swung more than 360 in our forward line and it was play on.

A season of largely close losses. Don't like targeting individuals but Lochland lost this for us. As a senior player to have missed from where she did is unforgivable. She has been awful this year and contributed nothing. Give one of the young girls a go because they sure as hell couldn't have done any worse.

Umps will make sure of it
Allowing 30 seconds to take a shot from the 50m line. **** off. Ella Heads is perhaps the best kick on the field today and she wouldn't make it from 50 with the wind in her back. Absolute amateur hour from the umpire.

Unfortunate .. that was a ripper quarter by the girls - threw it all at it. Great effort.

Lochland will be rueing that miss…I cringed when she marked it knowing chances were slim.
Geez I miss Chloe…wonder how many of these close losses would’ve gone the other way with her leadership and party tricks.

Two things really stood out to me:
1) Geelong taller and much better marking the ball.
2) Geelong cleaner below the knees and able to knock it clear of congestion to a teammate or handpass it.
Our grit and tackling kept us in it. But our fumbles killed us.
Some of our girls are bloody heroic but we need more height and more skills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two things really stood out to me:
1) Geelong taller and much better marking the ball.
2) Geelong cleaner below the knees and able to knock it clear of congestion to a teammate or handpass it.
Our grit and tackling kept us in it. But our fumbles killed us.
Some of our girls are bloody heroic but we need more height and more skills.
What the hell is going on with our marking - its been shizen all year.

Agree we need more height, its becoming very obvious against some teams.

What the hell is going on with our marking - its been shizen all year.

Agree we need more height, its becoming very obvious against some teams.
A lack of height doesn’t explain how poor our marking has been. A lot of the time our players don’t even shape to mark, or watch the ball. Or try to spoil. They just stand and watch their opponent mark.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Autopsy Swans vs Geelong Sunday 6th Oct Henson Park @ 3:05PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back