AFLW Autopsy Swans vs GWS Sunday 22nd Sept @3:05PM Henson Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Cross town rivalry re-ignites this weekend with little sister as we return to Henson Park for the first time this season.

Assistant coach Tanya Hetherington discusses our upcoming opponent, Holly Cooper and Cynthia Hamilton ahead of Round 4

In:
Lisa Steane, Ruby Sargent-Wilson, Cynthia Hamilton, Paige Sheppard, Bella R. Smith
Out:
Lauren Szigeti (Omitted) !!!!, Brooke Lochland (Omitted)
final team will be confirmed at 5:00pm on Friday

Someone tell me why Ally Morphett is not playing?

I suspect they've realised they brought her back into the side far too quickly after a heavily curtailed pre-season. I hope they're giving her a solid training block of a few weeks before they reconsider her for selection, in the hope she might be able to have an impact in the back end of the season. She was ineffective in the first two games (at least compared to what she contributed last season).
In:
Lisa Steane, Ruby Sargent-Wilson, Cynthia Hamilton, Paige Sheppard, Bella R. Smith
Out:
Lauren Szigeti (Omitted) !!!!, Brooke Lochland (Omitted)
final team will be confirmed at 5:00pm on Friday

Why does Szigeti's omission get a bolding and exclamation marks?

I suspect they've realised they brought her back into the side far too quickly after a heavily curtailed pre-season. I hope they're giving her a solid training block of a few weeks before they reconsider her for selection, in the hope she might be able to have an impact in the back end of the season. She was ineffective in the first two games (at least compared to what she contributed last season).

Szigeti's omission really surprised me.

Spot on, Liz. Was very clear she was underdone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think omitting Lochland was well overdue too. Hasn’t bought much for quite sometime and good practice for girls to have to play to earn their spot, even though our depth is a bit worrying.

Nice 1st quarter.
Showed up this week it seems, even though opposition not quite at same level as last.
Hurley good early and Grunden our new debutant looking very handy with 2 goals.
Laura doing her usual great work.

Normal mediocre umpiring standards with a couple of obvious highs missed and clear HTBs ignored.

Their pressure is too good. They are killing us this quarter.

Ham off with a concussion test after a sling tackle.

Umpiring still bemusing.

Dead set, if the club doesn’t publicly question the umpiring in this game they are a joke. Any touch high we are being penalised immediately while our girls are being tackled around the neck and get nothing. They paid HTB against Ham despite a clear sling and only reversed it when they saw she hadn’t got up. Then they pay a sling against us when there was no sling. ****ing pathetic.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Autopsy Swans vs GWS Sunday 22nd Sept @3:05PM Henson Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back