Scape Goat Swans vs Hawks - Oh no its happening again....(Swans Fans Only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game is on TSN here tomorrow morning. Glad I didn't do the whole "avoid the result" dance. Will likely sit through it to find out where we sit.

Our ball use going forward is pretty much as it has been since Barry Hall was FF

Think it's poorer myself. Barry would often have rocket passes kicked lace out that would either bounce straight off his chest dropping easy chest marks or he would attempt a chest mark only to allow an easy spoil from behind for the opposing defender.

Current Swans forwards would swallow that kind of delivery and could be leading the coleman right now IF they had that kind of delivery. Sadly i rarely see it.

If the bloke didn't question it after the GF capitulation you recon he will after this one? Been waiting all season for Horse to make some harsh calls....still waiting....
When you say "harsh calls", what do you mean though? I don't see a whole lot of options coming from the twos. I'm glad Jones is in, but others have been tried (like Towers and Robinson) and they don't seem up to it yet.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm not sure what other options he has at the moment.

Think it's poorer myself. Barry would often have rocket passes kicked lace out that would either bounce straight off his chest dropping easy chest marks or he would attempt a chest mark only to allow an easy spoil from behind for the opposing defender.

Current Swans forwards would swallow that kind of delivery and could be leading the coleman right now IF they had that kind of delivery. Sadly i rarely see it.
Why we can't kick to advantage is quite beyond me.

Up in the air it goes, hangs there for an eternity, and allows time for the entire opposition team, their interchange bench, runners, masseurs, assistant coaches, nutritionists, Finance Department and bus driver to form a pack under it.

Why? For chrissake, we haven't taken a pack mark since Leo Barry You Star.

Our leader for inside 50s is Hanneberry - statistically the worst kick in the AFL.

Kennedy is fourth for inside 50s, and the third-worst kick.

No wonder the forwards aren't getting good delivery.

Ease up guys. It's quite simple they're better than us. I hate to say it but it's the truth. We need to find a way if possible, but we were terrible tonight.

Don't disagree one bit, but based on results so far this year so are Fremantle, West Coast and arguably (hurts to say this) Richmond.

I keep hearing each week from the players after games and pressers during the week we have get better in a lot of area's but it is all talk, I keep hearing the same crap week in week out and then hearing Longmire each week saying there is area's that we can improve on but each bloody week it doesn't get better, we have played bloody awful all year apart from a few good quarters here and there, but have not seen one 4 qtr effort this year.

K.Jack during the week quote

"We’re not shying away and they’re not shying away, we just have to be prepared mentally to bring a real fierce and high pressured brand of footy".

"It is a big game, it is an important game with how the ladder sits and we are not shying away from that"

I would hate think what we would do if we did shy away.

Dan Hanneberry Quote: “We certainly know that we need to get better to give ourselves any opportunity come the end of the year.”

I hear this week in week out but nothing is changing, I think last year has done more damage to the playing group then first thought.

Don't disagree one bit, but based on results so far this year so are Fremantle, West Coast and arguably (hurts to say this) Richmond.
Probably right. Our defence is a disaster and our mids can't hit a target to save themselves we'll play finals but are just making up the numbers.

I'll say one thing, if our team (including the coaching staff) think that having better I50s is chipping around and looking for an option so opposition teams get back to their structures is just stupid. I rather they just bomb it in if that is the case, because at least then it gives them less time to set up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll say one thing, if our team (including the coaching staff) think that having better I50s is chipping around and looking for an option so opposition teams get back to their structures is just stupid. I rather they just bomb it in if that is the case, because at least then it gives them less time to set up.

We need to move the ball a lot faster through the midfield, take the game on rather than letting the opposition have the time to completely setup their defence.

With Tippett's form this year I think I could out mark him also, I would trade him just as we did Spangher. When is his contract up, adds absolutely nothing to the team.

Thats going a bit far.. so who rucks without him? if you suggest Nankervis to shoulder the whole responsible with Reid doing chopouts im going to respectfully disagree :)

When you say "harsh calls", what do you mean though? I don't see a whole lot of options coming from the twos. I'm glad Jones is in, but others have been tried (like Towers and Robinson) and they don't seem up to it yet.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm not sure what other options he has at the moment.

Hewett, Newman can both be played for one so can Marsh. Harsh calls might be on the form of Kieran Jack, Shaw, etc

Tippet Reid Teddy. Those 3 need to lift & make their inclusion into the side worth something because they've been liabilities IMO the last few weeks/months. Teddy in particular has really hit the wall, more-so than Shaw or Goodes IMO. And we apparently pay Tippet so much for a 2nd Ruckman?? C'mon... He's full value is turning beast mode on and supporting Bud. Together, on song & clicking, they could be unstoppable. They'd drag 4 defenders with them and mske our fwd 50 efficiency so much better as it'd be easier to pinpoint the right option.

E.g. Buddy with 3 on him, Tippet monstering a guy a foot shorter & 20kgs less in the goalsquare? Hrmmmn thinks Jetta as he also spots Parker floating around Tippos feet unmanned.....

Tippet Reid Teddy. Those 3 need to lift & make their inclusion into the side worth something because they've been liabilities IMO the last few weeks/months. Teddy in particular has really hit the wall, more-so than Shaw or Goodes IMO. And we apparently pay Tippet so much for a 2nd Ruckman?? C'mon... He's full value is turning beast mode on and supporting Bud. Together, on song & clicking, they could be unstoppable. They'd drag 4 defenders with them and mske our fwd 50 efficiency so much better as it'd be easier to pinpoint the right option.

E.g. Buddy with 3 on him, Tippet monstering a guy a foot shorter & 20kgs less in the goalsquare? Hrmmmn thinks Jetta as he also spots Parker floating around Tippos feet unmanned.....

I don't blame Reid as he has been moved around so much it is not surprising he is having difficulties. Any player would if the coach threw them into every position under the sun and he played no one position two weeks in a row.

Ah this has been comming for a while. Glad it came this month.

Fowards line structures are not working havent worked for most of the season. No idea what to about it. But when the midfield bust a gut to get you the ball then you need to score something do something.

Middfield is still on top of the hawks. I dont have a problem there tonight. They tried, probably got sick of the ball just being returned straight away.

Defence is gone. Hawks will continue to kill oppositions with half there team able to score. Our defence has been panicking all season.

I can see why the score blew out. We stopped caring completely aftet 3/4 time. Oh well.

Ok. A few things. Firstly the mids just bombing to Tip, Bud & Goodsie who are surrounded by opposition players every time we bomb in is stupid. It is john's game plan and itr is a disaster waiting to happen. Goodsie is only in that position when Tip is off the ground. I could stick Sammy in this position too as he had to put up with it too. We don't kick to our own advantage. We don't use the ball well. Just lucky during the season we have played sides that are playing just as badly and have as shitty game plans as us. bullies killed us and should have won by more. Dons nearly beat us and see where they really are now. Freo went to sleep after half time and we nearly won. They exposed our game plan in the first half.

Longmire doesn't have a plan C and plan A & B don't work against good sides. Our mids get a lot of the ball and then just bomb it into the forward line. Our set ups off the centre square are all wrong. Last night Burgoyne, Suckling, Litherland & Birchell, their play makers off the half back, were allowed to stand all alone and run off the bck of the square and kick unimpeded into the forward 50. Their opponent ran off the wing as a second winger 20 metres away from them. This happened for the whole match and they got huge drive from these players. Longmire did nothing. He was a joke last night. He failed to combat moves made by Clarkson all night. He didn't have a clue what to do, period. I made a statement before we won the 2012 premiership that Longmire seemed to only have one idea, slingshot. Now he has two, slingshot and bomb long to Tip & Buddy and he seems hell bent on playing those two styles. They both fail now because the opposition just set up for them. Good opposition anyway. These are the sides we will have to be wary of because they will exploit our terrible game plans, both of them. GWS, Eagles, Pies & Crows. I think we will also have to worry about saints and Suns as well. suns are getting playwers back and the young Saints have some really top end talent happening. But they also have a very innovative coach. We don't.

Thats going a bit far.. so who rucks without him? if you suggest Nankervis to shoulder the whole responsible with Reid doing chopouts im going to respectfully disagree :)

I am just saying in his current form he adds very little, didn't take 1 mark last night, his rucking is ok, but wasn't brought to the club for his rucking, being forced to do that due to the injury/drop off from M.Pyke. I expect a player being payed $500,000 to do more then he is now.

It is the same for Sam Reid being payed $450,000 on potential but has not delivered to that level, has the good odd game but no way consistent enough for the money he is being payed.

I don't blame Reid as he has been moved around so much it is not surprising he is having difficulties. Any player would if the coach threw them into every position under the sun and he played no one position two weeks in a row.
Yeah I completely agree with that 120%.

It's called Jesseing. Horse is Jesseing Reid around & stunting/delaying (potentially regressing) his development in each role... Same old crap by Horse. I've always been of the opinion you get a player used to a role, it's "their role" & once they are good at it thrn move them. Not give them half a season or a few months working on one thing then throwing them elsewhere. In Reids case with Tip & Bud, it has to be permenant KPD. Take over AJs spot and own it until AJ (hopefully) returns.

The best users are an issue...because 2 of our best 3 are playing in the NEAFL. You have to ask why Newman and Hewett are not playing. They have one thing half our side doesn't have- the ability to kick. That is straight down to the coach. Doing the same thing over and over again will only achieve the same result. Give these blokes a chance.

I agree there. I don't think our coaches do enough skills drills at training quite frankly. they couldn't because our skills stink. The other thing is this idea of handballing toward opposition goals has to be the most dangerous ploy I have e er seen. I know we got away with it dfor a long time with players who had the strength, skill and speed to get out of the tight spots. But now we panic. We can't continue to do this.

Hewett might be ready, might not. He is still very young remember, only 19. Newman is building but is a rookie. We don't have anyone injured other than AJ, have we upgraded for AJ? If not then Newman or indeed Naismith when he gets back will be needed. Pykie is shot I think. Nanka was ok last night in the ruck. The problem is the players avoided using him when he was on the lead. Ignored him completely and yet he was on a smaller opponent. The big guy can take a good grab and nearly pulled down three or four last night in the goal square. The problem was at one stage he had a better run at the ball but was called out. Tip went for the mark and brought a crowd.

Heeney needs to come in next week. Shaw has to go same with BJ. BJ I don't think is up to this level. Sad but last night he gave the ball to more experienced players in a worse position than him. Shows lack of composure and thinking on his part. Not a natural footballer. Teddy to go also. He will be suspended most likely but to me his time is up. Bring in Xav as the third tall defender and put Sammy onto Kennedy. I think Sammy is the sort of player Kennedy doesn't like playing against as he can match him for pace. Reg to play on the monsters, Sammy to Kennedy and Xav to Darling. This should suit Xav as getting up the ground is not a problem as he has good endurance. Darling likes to run up the ground and take marks to drive into the Kennedy lead. The only place Xav might get caught out is in the marking contest but he isn't that bad there either.

Smithy needs to go to Shuey. Rampe to LeCras & Zac to monster as many as possible.

I would like to see a much more aggressive side. We had the aggression last night and won the fight but lost the footy. We need to be very aggressive at the contest, that we didn't do for long enough last night. Let's build. Try a few new blokes. The old ones are not cutting it. Their disposal is crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back