Opinion Swap Carlisle & Hurley

Remove this Banner Ad

Hurley made more impact up forward in the first 5 rounds last year than Carlisle has this year...

Carlisle has done SFA up forward and appears to be getting worse with each passing week.
This is just crap, sorry.

Carlisle was good against North and better than that against the Hawks. Played mostly ruck against Carlton (was good) and Freo ( Sandi- tough gig)....so one bad game as a forward and he's a disaster and we revert to Hurley who drove many of us mad in that role for years?

Experiment failed. I think the majority clamoured for it last year, but there it is.

They need to get Matthew Lloyd down to TEACH CARLISLE AND DANIHER HOW TO LEAD. If I have to see either standing at the 40, attempting a standing still contested mark when there's nothing behind them and botching it one more time I'll go postal. They just can't do it. Teach them how to backtrack to the square and lead out.

Hurley might be inconsistent, but he can lead like a freight train and that's what we need right now. An old school full forward.

I'm still glad they tried it out, but at this point Carlisle is better served in defence, and Hurley ploughing people down in the forward 50.

Hurley, Carlisle, Danihe and Crameri all no good.

Ruck and midsized forwards are the only ones who hit the score board.

KPFs forget basics of being forwards (leading).

Really dont think it is a personnel issue. Players either dont understand the plan or it is failing.

Carlisle has played 2.5 games in the forwardline. Hurley is playing better than he has since probably 2010-2011. No-brainier that Hurley stays back. Whether we take a chance on Hooker forward or stick with Carlisle I'm not sure, but Hurley is finally right.

I think Joe will be a very good forward in a few years but if Carlise doesnt work out, I would settle for a Podsiadly type mature aged state level player that just knows how to kick goals, cant be worse then what we have and then go to the draft for young forwards. Actually given our draft situation it might be worth seriously considering a mature aged player to fill a role for a few years, obviously trading and free agency will be looked at first.

Is there any way possible we could have all of Carlisle, Hooker and Hurley in the backline?

Probably not while Fletcher is still in the side.
Yes. Play Fletcher forward.

Experiment failed. I think the majority clamoured for it last year, but there it is.

They need to get Matthew Lloyd down to TEACH CARLISLE AND DANIHER HOW TO LEAD. If I have to see either standing at the 40, attempting a standing still contested mark when there's nothing behind them and botching it one more time I'll go postal. They just can't do it. Teach them how to backtrack to the square and lead out.

Hurley might be inconsistent, but he can lead like a freight train and that's what we need right now. An old school full forward.

I'm still glad they tried it out, but at this point Carlisle is better served in defence, and Hurley ploughing people down in the forward 50.
Stops and changes direction like a freight rain as well...which isn't good for a leading forward.

I can't see it happening, although he would probably be serviceable.
If Carlisle continues to put up performances like that against Collingwood, Western Bulldogs and Brisbane he can't possibly be any worse

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there any way possible we could have all of Carlisle, Hooker and Hurley in the backline?

Probably not while Fletcher is still in the side.

Could try Hooker forward or play Fletcher as a flanker I guess. I wouldn't mind seeing Hooker up forward, Carlisle is capable of that brick wall intercept marking role, and Hooksy is in much better form.

Yes, play them both in a position that doesn't suit them

Well obviously I disagree. We don't have the right mix, Hurley brings another dimension, he pushes outside fifty, he can use the pill, he creates a contest and frankly he is the best key forward on our list. He averaged about two goals a game as a forward, even though he offered a lot more than that.

Maybe if our midfielders looked up for once and kicked it to the leading forward instead of dicking around with 100 handballs we might have a good looking forward structure.

It is hard to lead for the ball when the midfielders don't want to kick it to you before getting a 1-2 first.

Not sure why they put Hurley back. I felt this year being a year older and mature that things may have clicked for him. After a missing decent chunks of games the last two seasons with injury, each time he came back he would need to settle in again. This year (touch wood) he has played every game and I feel if those games were up forward, we would be praising how well he has played up forward.

Can everybody please calm the fk down?

We're only now, after years of being shit, creating a decent team.

KPP's take time. Remember when everybody was calling Hooker a spud? Bloody hell, i cringe to think of losing him for bloody caddy and a second rounder.

We have some good youth coming through, and we're developing well. Give buckets time to learn his position - GIVE HIM TIME.

At least it's noo Courtney flipping Johns

**** it, just play Carlisle, Hurley, Hooker and Fletch as defenders. We may not score but the opposition sure as hell won't!

HOW ABOUT YOU ALL SETTLE DOWN FOR A SECOND AND WAIT TILL TBELL COMES BACK INTO THE TEAM SO WE CAN SEE HOW THE FORWARD LINE IS ACTUALLY MENT TO WORK... THEY WOULD HAVE WORKED TOGETHER DURING THE PRESEASON CLEARLY THERE IS SOMETHING MISSING AT THE MOMENT AND WE HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO ADAPT. IF ANY OF YOU HAVE ACTUALLY PLAYED A DECENT LEVEL OF FOOTBALL YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND THIS. UNFORTUNATELY MOST OF THE PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM HAVEN'T AND I THINK THEY JUST SPEAK OUT OF THEIR ASSES. yes this is a public forum for people to critique the team but if you're seriously calling for Hurley to go forward and Carlisle back after a whole preseason spent working with joe and tbell up forward your an idiot. its round 5 they have only played 2.5 proper games together its a 10 year plan dont expect them to be stars over night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Swap Carlisle & Hurley

Remove this Banner Ad

Back