Sydney Stack Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rules are rules? Sorry but that is such a simplistic statement, I'm shocked that you posted it. Why aren't those rules present in all states? Because they are draconian. I don't think anyone is saying that Stack doesn't need to be punished. Of course he does but the punishment must fit the crime. If he had COVID-19 then I would lock him up for a year! He would be endangering the lives and livelihoods of many. But he doesn't. He presented no risk to anyone. He endangered no one. In any other state he wouldn't be in jail missing Christmas. Rules shouldn't be rules when they are stupid. These rules are politically motivated as seemingly protecting the community always garners votes. Who are we protecting if Stack isn't carrying the virus? We know he's negative. He came from Victoria. We've had 55 days of zero community transmission. He just STOPPED OVER in Adelaide. Common sense would say that he's still negative. So to sit in jail of all things for breaking what is a ridiculously stupid rule is far too harsh. By all means give him a big fine but jailing him is almost like we are living in a country close by which has a poor record on human rights!
Look he may not have the virus but does that mean the ones he gets close to don't have it? What if they do and he gets it gets on a plain infects all come to training infects all? This is how it starts. Rules are created for a reason yeah sure some are made to look good but take a football club rule where they are told they can't be out so and so and no drinking prior! They are there for a reason.
This kid thinks he is God's gift maybe this lock up might re-arrange his brain who knows.
Oh and 55 days no covid means jack its still around look at NSW which was making fun of us here. Ohhh it's summer the virus does not stick around it is too hot. What a lot of crap ask someone that had or has the virus eg me where some days I can hardly breathe and wish I was dead and knowing that I don't have it anymore means also jack as it's effects are lingering on and on.

Yes I do it is my profession. I do not will not make judgements about you. My last comment into this matter.

Mate, i have run businesses that take $50 million plus per year, over 120 staff and engaged with unions during that time (did it for 15 + years), it really isn’t your profession. Don’t come onto our board with your garbage. I am right to call you out on it. That’s all i am going to say on it. Others can make their own minds up.

Was when he was sent home from the gold coast broke the rules was given a warning. The bottom line is this guy just isn't getting it and has had chances most others would thank you for it but this one doesn't give one poo.

Where was this breach info published? I'd like to see it before I write him off. Breaking a COVID border rule where he gets a 'warning' is not breaking a rule.
When I cross Borders (to QLD) COVID breaking the rules is major and fines are $1500 minimum. No warnings. False declarations that about your movements etc. So Stack comes into WA at some stage by November doing P/training with Peos' brother. And then back to Runt Road to train. Without border rules getting broken.
Accuse him of 2 "fights" and COVID breaches: fair enough. Immature. Too immature? If 18 days jail doesn't scare him straight nothing will. He & his manager knew his fitness needed maintaining/improving. Very poor effort by his legal team. He'll struggle to get a game with Richmomd but he's on our payroll. Let him play in the VFL & if he stars good for us.

Where was this breach info published? I'd like to see it before I write him off. Breaking a COVID border rule where he gets a 'warning' is not breaking a rule.
When I cross Borders (to QLD) COVID breaking the rules is major and fines are $1500 minimum. No warnings. False declarations that about your movements etc. So Stack comes into WA at some stage by November doing P/training with Peos' brother. And then back to Runt Road to train. Without border rules getting broken.
Accuse him of 2 "fights" and COVID breaches: fair enough. Immature. Too immature? If 18 days jail doesn't scare him straight nothing will. He & his manager knew his fitness needed maintaining/improving. Very poor effort by his legal team. He'll struggle to get a game with Richmomd but he's on our payroll. Let him play in the VFL & if he stars good for us.

It was in the first court hearing. Occured in October

20201225_122410.jpg

thanks for that but what was the detail of the incident in Oct that only warranted a caution at the time but is now being used against him
Because it was a first offence in the state but now he has done it again

Because it was a first offence in the state but now he has done it again
An offence in Oct that only warranted a caution at the time but is now being used against him? WA has COVID suspended sentences? Most states you're turned around at the border if paperwork isn't correct. Can you screenshot the article?

an incident in Oct that only warranted a caution at the time but is now being used against him? WA has COVID suspended sentences? Can you screenshot the article?
It would probably be more the fact that the first time they would of given him the benefit of the doubt about not knowing the rules and making an honest mistake
Hard to claim ignorance a 2nd time

It would probably be more the fact that the first time they would of given him the benefit of the doubt about not knowing the rules and making an honest mistake
Hard to claim ignorance a 2nd time
In Oct WA authorities are going to give benefit of the doubt about not knowing the rules and making an honest mistake to an AFL footballer someone been suspended for 10 weeks for COVID breach in Sept?
Yet the offence has been recorded somewhere despite no penalty issued but it is getting trotted out now to pile on Stack. Since Nov at least Stacks been making an effort with his fitness. Getting personal training with Peos brother.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WA authorities are going to give benefit of the doubt about not knowing the rules and making an honest mistake to an AFL footballer someone been suspended for 10 weeks for COVID breach?
Yet the offence has been recorded somewhere despite no penalty issued.
Without knowing the ins and outs can only assume since all states and territories operate individually they would only take into account incidents that had occurred in that particular state

Plus his qld breach was an AFL breach not a state one

Last edited:
One thing that the Dorothy Dixers haven’t considered, is let’s say we end up in hubs again next season, do we trust Sydney to not cost us another fine, draft picks or points?

Not without some extra measures being taken to reduce the chances of him getting it wrong. The club would need to make a judgement as to whether the extra measures needed were worth it to allow Stack into the hub.

The AFL and clubs and players should have learned plenty from 2020 about extra measures that can be taken to minimise the possibility of rule breaches around Covid conduct.

Start 2021 right:
Sydney gets out of prison - is put on a plane back to Melbourne - jumps in a taxi for Punt Road Oval - walks through the door - finds all the players, coaches and staff waiting for him in the middle of the ground to kit up and join them in training.

On SM-J250F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Stack is 20 and has his flaws- So many what him gone - think back to the errors made - HE IS A RICHMOND PLAYER and requires all of the support we can give him .

Today is the first day of the rest of our lives be the best you can !!!

GO TIGERS

Maybe stack will consider moving to NSW instead, they don't seem to mind people partying when they shouldn't

We do mind and take corona seriously, there's just an enormous amount of dumb campaigners here.

Stack would fit in well on that basis. The good thing about being a dumb campaigner is most of us learn from our mistakes and can graduate to being just a campaigner. I hope stacky learns from his mistakes, even if there's a few in a row that are significant.

So who was the fool that advised him to go home to WA with the iso requirement in force. What a joke that requirement is for anyone from VIC anyway, Covid free for how long? They are more than a few hours behind over there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back