Toast Sydney Swans 2012 AFL Premiers!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

A truly Great Win, and it is a excellent example of the saying, A Champion Team will always beat of Team of Champions.
What great individual stories of the players to make the final, Pike, McVeigh, Shaw, Kennedy ect...Well done and really happy for the Club.

Watch out for all the posers that try and play the slingshot counter attack next year and get their brittle defences exposed :p. Amazing performance by the Swans, a well deserved premiership after an amazing finals campaign and incredible home and away season. The last month of the season truely did battle harden this team for greatness.

Its a really shame the media are still not acknowledging the skill of this swans team. Just read a piece in the Age about the minor premiership being a poison challis and how unlucky hawthorn is not to have that recognition, but unless you have a season where every team plays each other twice even the minor premiership will not be a true indicator of the best team (the hawks didn't beat Geelong and we didn't be richmond so maybe they are actually the best teams ;) ). Swans won the same amount of games as the Hawks, had the second best percenage to the hawks and beat Hawks twice out of 3 encounters. So aside from winning the GF which at the end of the day is all that counts, all the excuses for Hawthorn are pretty hollow. Time for the media to give the swans their dues!

Its a really shame the media are still not acknowledging the skill of this swans team. Just read a piece in the Age about the minor premiership being a poison challis and how unlucky hawthorn is not to have that recognition, but unless you have a season where every team plays each other twice even the minor premiership will not be a true indicator of the best team (the hawks didn't beat Geelong and we didn't be richmond so maybe they are actually the best teams ;) ). Swans won the same amount of games as the Hawks, had the second best percenage to the hawks and beat Hawks twice out of 3 encounters. So aside from winning the GF which at the end of the day is all that counts, all the excuses for Hawthorn are pretty hollow. Time for the media to give the swans their dues!

Couldn't agree more, the media always seems to try a find excuses for the teams that lose against Sydney. The swans were clearly the better side yesterday, they had the Hawks measure for most of the match they lost to them in Sydney and over run them in Launceston. They are great side,neutrals might not always find them pretty to watch, but thats not what the swans are about. The sooner they realise Hawthorn weren't good enough, the better.

As posted on the Swans FB page after the game:

We are greatness.

Amen!!

I loved with Bruce? Said they all speak about the Leo Barry mark and now we they have the Nick Malceski goal

When Goodes kicked that goal from nothing i knew we were home the Malceski goal was the icing on the cake

Special special day one i will never forget

GREATNESS great work by the AFL to get that one going

Watching the game now, and it's terrific to watch on replay! Johnson's game in defence really stands out in the first half, he read the play so well. Can see why O'Keefe got the Norm Smith as he seemed to be at almost every stoppage. Hannebery's mark looked courageous at the ground, but bloody brilliant on TV. Goodes' presence of mind to set up Morton twice in the second when he knew he wasn't a chance to score himself, intelligent play. Just finished the first two quarters, will watch the second half later...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a player Adam Goodes is. He is one of the very few who can turn a game on sheer will power.

I remember seeing him get in an early bump on Rioli, as if to say "we might both be indigenous, but you are getting nothing today", as though he was taking it upon himself to stop Rioli getting started. Then to play out the game the way he did with that injury - truly incredible!

Well done, Swans! Fully deserve to be Premiers 2012.

PS: I hope you can get a team on the park in round 1 with all the injuries you guys are carrying!

Congratulations to all who support Sydney. Just a wonderful win, particularly when viewed in the knowledge of the extent of the injuries to Richards, Bolton, Goodes and Mumford.

Managed to get along as an AFL member and barracked hard for the "Bloods" as we also did in 2005. My brother is an old South Melbourne supporter, as are a number of our friends. So it was great for them and we also had a great day cheering and singing the song countless times after the game.

My first GF.... Im missed 05 and 06...
What a day... The emotions were up and down through the full 4 quarters... But i never stopped believing, we have broken all hoodoo's this year to even make it to the GF... I just knew this was our time, our moment... Wow i am still on a high from Saturday... One of the best moments in my life without a doubt !!!!

I saw this on AFL 360 last night... I cant start a new thread, so I will post the video here...... Excitement... Angst.. ...Despair...Elation .. All these emotions ran though me watching this montage to the 2012 Grand Final.. Thank you AFL 360 :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Sydney Swans 2012 AFL Premiers!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back