Toast Sydney Swans 2012 AFL Premiers!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, trust me..I realise that! (a large majority of my mates barrack for the Tiges :( ).
Ok, you found the loophole in my comment. I'll re-word it differently then ...

No other team in the history of VFL/AFL has won a flag in a competition with this many competitors .. ever!

I had a thought.
Would it be too bold to say that for the next year we are the best Premiership team in VFL/AFL history?
Reason being, are we not the only team to ever beat 17 others in one season ever?
Yes, that extra team in 2012 wasn't much chop, but still...a stat is a stat! :D:thumbsu:

16 others.

re-watched the game tonight

That Reid goal, I dont care who says his kicking is bad, as soon as I saw how he had kicked that ball i knew it was a goal.
Beautiful kicking style, if that continues next year, look out AFL.

He looked clutch in parts and confident, got my hopes up for 2013 being a real break out year

Can't believe I never read this thread!! Watch that 360 montage earlier in the thread and had to sneekily wipe away a tear (at Friday night work drinks too... ahem...). This whole Tippett saga pales in insignificance to the simple fact we support the toughest, most determined, selfless, honest, hardworking (with a bit of flair) and courageous club in the world IMHO. No other club could forever connect Melbourne & Sydney the way our club has. Not many clubs can envoke the kind of emotional outpouring I have seen with my own eyes from neutral supporters (I'm sure I'll be rooting for the Tiggers, Sainters, Freo and Doggies when their time comes too btw). Thankyou to all those that have passed on well wishes & congratulations too.

Bring on 2013. Bring on 2014. Bring on the highs and lows. For that feeling I had in 2005 and this year I cannot repay our club enough.

Cheer cheer blood brothers & sisters. THE SMFC WILL ALWAYS AND FOREVER BE THE 2012 PREMIERS!!!!.... now go and celebrate!! CHEERs!! :p:thumbsu:

i was thinking why hawthorn didnt try to put buddy closer to goal one out with teddy, especially in the last quater.. franklin slayed ted in the 2011 semi, most of this goals came from this way. (ted was fit that match and buddy was on one knee really) this was pretty much reversed in the granny with teds ankle stuffed. i saw him hobbling up the ground in the 1st or 2nd quater trying to keep up with buddy and i thought we were ****ed. maybe horse just outcoached clarko!

Just watched the Bulldogs game again last night. Amazing to view it with the benefit of the hindsight of knowing we then won the flag. Jesus! I remembered we'd caned them after a poor start, but I'd forgotten how ferociously the lowly Dogs came out of the blocks. I remembered really thinking the wheel had fallen off our season and we were going to be another also-ran for 2012.

But then we surged, and there were some flashes of real brilliance. Harbingers of things to come just a few weeks later.

And now, here we are in November and we've got a premiership to our name. Just goes to show how you never know how the cards might fall.

(Mr September was the sub and came on for like the last 17 mins. Set up a Goodes goal beautifully within minutes of coming on. Scored a beauty himself too, and laid at least one impressive tackle.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love that we were such underdogs, despite us supporters knowing we were a real chance. I'll admit I didn't tip the Swans, but if we're given a sniff we're always a massive chance to beat anyone. Seeing guys like AJ, Hannebery, Smith, Jack, Malceski etc have real good games, despite none of them being high picks, just shows what amazing heart our club has.

It's impossible to not fall in love with this club more each year.

'We are greatness.'

- My fav Sydney status.

This was actually mine too, it was the first Swans-related thing I saw when I checked my phone after leaving the MCG, it was just perfect.

Watched it again for the 20th time I think.

Wasn't it good to see Buddy sitting on the ground after the match, just about crying. I would normally feel sorry for such an act but after having to listen to how many flogs got into Goodesy after the 2006 GF, it feels good to give some back.
How cocky is he after he kicks a goal?

Wait a minute.................Let me just rewind back to see that look again..................... oh Buddy..............awesome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Sydney Swans 2012 AFL Premiers!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back