Toast Sydney Swans 2012 AFL Premiers!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Top effort Sydney. I was supporting you guys, because I admire the way you play, and hate Hawthorn. It was one of the gutsiest performances I've seen in any sport with all the injuries you were carrying. You were definitely the better team, and had the better supporters even though it was in Melbourne.

I can't believe the focus of the board has so swiftly been taken away from the premiership to Tippett.
I know!! I guess the football world moves on quickly though. I'm watching the replay again now. Have watched that 360 'all angles' montage from Malceski's winning goal onwards, over and over and over and over again. Robbo's reaction just towards the end shows how awesome it is. Not even a Swans supporter and he's a bit taken back.

I know!! I guess the football world moves on quickly though. I'm watching the replay again now. Have watched that 360 'all angles' montage from Malceski's winning goal onwards, over and over and over and over again. Robbo's reaction just towards the end shows how awesome it is. Not even a Swans supporter and he's a bit taken back.

I've watched it at least 20 times, maybe more. I get that lump in my throat around the 4 minute mark, every time!

I think I'll be basking in this one much longer than 2005.

It's cold, it's pissing down rain, I have no plans tonight. Think I might have to plonk myself in front of the TV and watch it again, see if I can spot myself in the stands :)
It was a perfect sunny day in T'ville last Saturday but I couldn't wait any longer to replay the entire 10 hours of GF day on 7mate I recorded. Was like reliving the day again, but this time through the camera! Loved the lead-up and listening to all the media get it wrong before the game...haha!

To be greedy, the one minor change on the day if I had the choice/power to re-live it would be to move (along with the entire cheer squad) to the scoring end where we went nuts with goals in the 2nd quarter and also to see those last quarter goals close-up.
Though all in all it ran a very close second to to the 'best experience of the year' award, only pipped by the birth of our newborn in May..another next gen Swans fan! - he would've had very little option as it was, but absolutely none after being born in a Swans Premiership year! ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are ****ing Premiers B!**h!

Haha **** yes.

I still watch the replays/highlights and they still give me goosebumps. Thinking about the obstacles we had to overcome, it really was the most memorable and inspirational flag I can imagine.

Adelaide in Adelaide, our biggest bogey in Collingwood and then a win against the raging favourites at a ground no one thought we could win on.

Awesome! :hearts:

Somehow I hadn't looked at this thread. I thought it was another one which I HAD read.

Anyway, I just want to say thank you for the kind words from the supporters from other clubs who dropped in and posted. Really gracious of you, and much as I'd love the Swans to win the flag every year, I hope your club finds itself in the same position, and if you do, that our fans are as gracious as you've been.

number-one-o.gif

It's amazing how emotional those last few minutes get me every time I see it. Being in NY now, so far away from home, calling my mum and brother seconds after we won gave me a connection to my family and Australia again.

I truly envy those who were at the G that day, football evokes such passion that you just want to share with as many people as possible.

It's amazing how emotional those last few minutes get me every time I see it. Being in NY now, so far away from home, calling my mum and brother seconds after we won gave me a connection to my family and Australia again.

I truly envy those who were at the G that day, football evokes such passion that you just want to share with as many people as possible.

The G was honestly amazing. That feeling when the siren went is something I will remember forever.

The G was honestly amazing. That feeling when the siren went is something I will remember forever.

Sorry. I promise I wasn't THAT excited, it was just my phone.

I had a thought.
Would it be too bold to say that for the next year we are the best Premiership team in VFL/AFL history?
Reason being, are we not the only team to ever beat 17 others in one season ever?
Yes, that extra team in 2012 wasn't much chop, but still...a stat is a stat! :D:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Sydney Swans 2012 AFL Premiers!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back