Toast Sydney Swans 2012 AFL Premiers!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Re-watching the first quarter i felt Horse's decision to inject Reid into the midfield was a mistake. I understand his reasoning for doing it - to get Reid into the game - but I just felt he's too slow to match the pace early on in a grand final. Would've been wiser to throw him in there mid-quarter, not when the game is being played at a frenetic pace.

However he did make some great match-defining decisions. Throwing mattner forward, pushing LRT back, and subbing Mumford.

Just want to say after watching the GF over & over again,
Adam Goodes is a Freaking Legend..

Played on injured, stepped it up a notch in the championship deciding quarter.
Scored a crucial goal towards the end..
Dished out Punishing Big hits on hawks stars buddy & mitchell, which would of inspired the Swans players Onwards to Victory..!!!
152949417_186d2t9-186d2tn.jpg
...Sweep the Leg...

My Wrap of the Grand final is..

Hawks players gave some,
But Swans Players Gave ALL.....

Just want to say after watching the GF over & over again,
Adam Goodes is a Freaking Legend..

Played on injured, stepped it up a notch in the championship deciding quarter.
Scored a crucial goal towards the end..
Dished out Punishing Big hits on hawks stars buddy & mitchell, which would of inspired the Swans players Onwards to Victory..!!!
View attachment 9229
...Sweep the Leg...

My Wrap of the Grand final is..

Hawks players gave some,
But Swans Players Gave ALL.....

Have to agree, some of his legal hits (read shirtfronts) on Hawks players were sensational. He just kept the pressure up and continually wore them down.

Just watched the replay AGAIN :D:D:D:D

Are we allowed to be critical of any of our players in this game?

Personally, players who I thought were sub-par in the GF were Bird and Mummy

Just watched the replay AGAIN :D:D:D:D

Are we allowed to be critical of any of our players in this game?

Personally, players who I thought were sub-par in the GF were Bird and Mummy
Big Mama was walking wounded, so perhaps he's excused.

Can't say I recall much of Bird. OH WELL! Guess I'll just have to watch the tape. AGAIN!;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watching the final quater with huddo commentating (brilliant listening) and boy did the umps want the Hawks over the line in that last quater. The umpiring in general throughout the game was fine, but when it mattered they were giving the Hawks every possible advantage.

Thankfully, we were too good.

edit: What was Dermie rambling about after Eski's sealer? Put 14 men back and just blanket them? News flash, the game was over after that goal old man.

Just watching the final quater with huddo commentating (brilliant listening) and boy did the umps want the Hawks over the line in that last quater. The umpiring in general throughout the game was fine, but when it mattered they were giving the Hawks every possible advantage.

Thankfully, we were too good.

Huddo?

It's taken 6 years but in the afterglow of our glorious win I finally had the courage to replay the 2006 GF for the first time. Guess what ? It no longer hurts. That 2nd half was magic, vintage never-say-die Swans but we were just too far back.

So pleased to see Richards, Macca and Malceski finally get their medals this year after they gave everything in '06. If we win in 2013 & 2014 I might even forgive Jolly his insipid performance (though doubtful). BBB was already forgiven based on carryover cred from '05.

It's taken 6 years but in the afterglow of our glorious win I finally had the courage to replay the 2006 GF for the first time. Guess what ? It no longer hurts. That 2nd half was magic, vintage never-say-die Swans but we were just too far back.

So pleased to see Richards, Macca and Malceski finally get their medals this year after they gave everything in '06. If we win in 2013 & 2014 I might even forgive Jolly his insipid performance (though doubtful). BBB was already forgiven based on carryover cred from '05.

You're a bigger man than I. I will NEVER re-watch '06!

If it wasn't for Jolly we wouldn't have out little Jetta...

Thank god for our recruiting team.

It was dead quiet at work today so i pulled up the age online and was reading all the articles on the grand final...at points i was almost in tears on the work floor im still so emotional about it who knows what i would have done if someone asked me why my eyes were red

It's weird. For the older members on this board who remember 2005, I thought we'd never see anything like it again, especially how we came through the finals. But I think 2012 just might have been that little bit more special. Goodes was basically crumbing the pack in Leo Barry's pocket for that goal :D

You're a bigger man than I. I will NEVER re-watch '06!

Sure the ending sucks but watch it from half time and you'll see some of the best Swans action of the last 10 years. They wanted it soooooooooo bad and didn't give up until the final siren. The sourness it leaves in the mouth makes the 2012 win all the sweeter. Macca's lifting the cup. Mal's freakish goals, Teddy's enduring pain and never quitting the fight against Buddy. These need the context of the '06 loss to really be appreciated.

Sure the ending sucks but watch it from half time and you'll see some of the best Swans action of the last 10 years. They wanted it soooooooooo bad and didn't give up until the final siren. The sourness it leaves in the mouth makes the 2012 win all the sweeter. Macca's lifting the cup. Mal's freakish goals, Teddy's enduring pain and never quitting the fight against Buddy. These need the context of the '06 loss to really be appreciated.
I.... I.... I just can't. I still can not burn the image of Kirky after the siren. Or Mickey O. Or Goodesy. That's enough now... time to watch 2012 again before bed......

I.... I.... I just can't. I still can not burn the image of Kirky after the siren. Or Mickey O. Or Goodesy. That's enough now... time to watch 2012 again before bed......

The image of Goodes after the siren is the one that is constantly stuck in my head...

His celebration after the siren in 2012 though was FANTASTIC <3

Nice article about Malcho here:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/tea...ter-boy-for-lars/story-e6frf9nf-1226566243679

Hard to believe he was dropped mid-season. At the time (when he was dropped), I did not think that he was in our best 22, he really turned his form around once he got that chance, it was quite an amazing turnaround and full credit to him. Even if you took out those 2 unbelievable goals, he played very well in the grand final. Just a fantastic effort.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Sydney Swans 2012 AFL Premiers!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back