Injury Sydney Swans injury list

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: CBolts' Ankle

Definately a huge loss,considering the next few games coming up. We have the depth,as
everyone agrees. Just need him to have a rest and fully recover for our finals push.

From that article it seems he went into the game with a problem to the achilles he further damaged.
Not quite sure why we needed to risk him when we have a few players in the two's just waiting to have another go.

Richards now has to be ready to come back to senior football.

That type of injury can mean a whole season in doubt & it explains why the poor bugger looked a little below par & slow in the last couple of games. No matter how big a player you may be, carrying this kind of injury into a game turns one into an ordinary player. Jonathon Brown was another that could have done with the week off against Melbourne.

Smith is not as big a name as Bolts but hell...............what a magnificent job he did on Le Cras.

Good luck Bolts!

From that article it seems he went into the game with a problem to the achilles he further damaged.
Not quite sure why we needed to risk him when we have a few players in the two's just waiting to have another go.

Richards now has to be ready to come back to senior football.

That type of injury can mean a whole season in doubt & it explains why the poor bugger looked a little below par & slow in the last couple of games. No matter how big a player you may be, carrying this kind of injury into a game turns one into an ordinary player. Jonathon Brown was another that could have done with the week off against Melbourne.

Smith is not as big a name as Bolts but hell...............what a magnificent job he did on Le Cras.

Good luck Bolts!

Bolts has had the archilles problem since pre season. It is a credit to his courage and dedication that he has played under pain and duress all 5 games. Makes you wonder however about management looking after him

Our 1st XXII backline is very good but yeh if we were to lose Reg and LRT to bad injuries in the next week or 2 we will be in a lot of trouble as we only have Teddy as a backup who has played regular senior footy in the backline.

Pykey would probably have to step up and Ed Barlow would have to just due to his body type. Not strong depth in the backline for big guys in that sense.

Do we all really think we have good depth at the position? I like our depth now overall, but not in the backs.

With Grundy's progression over the past year I certainly do. Bring in Richards and I think we'll be fine.

A year ago the prospect of a match without Craig was more than daunting, times have changed.

Our 1st XXII backline is very good but yeh if we were to lose Reg and LRT to bad injuries in the next week or 2 we will be in a lot of trouble as we only have Teddy as a backup who has played regular senior footy in the backline.

Pykey would probably have to step up and Ed Barlow would have to just due to his body type. Not strong depth in the backline for big guys in that sense.
Tell me any team that wouldn't struggle if their top 3 backmen were to suddenly go missing through injury. Our upcoming opponents is case in point, Merrett is out and it looks like they're not going to replace him directly with another tall backman, but back Drummond to play as the third tall.

Don't like the idea of Ed in a key back position. He has the body size sure, but lacks the aggression and footy smarts to play there. If things got really tight, they would chuck Henry back, after all he won a VFL premiership playing at CHB.

Are there still people here who rate Teddy as a competent defender?

I for one do not.

I for one do not.

He's a decent KPD in a pinch, but he's definitely best off as a third tall/loose man. His ability to read the ball coming in and intercept is fantastic.

He's certainly more than capable of playing senior footy to a good level, if that's what you're wondering.

I for one do not.

If we need to call on some one to cover us in the back-line (i.e. C-Bolts) then I rate him as a competent-enough defender mate. He's certainly no slouch and has shown he can play senior footy with the big boys imo.

My concern is how we could play C-Bolts with this kind of injury niggle when we had the depth to cover his OUT during the past few weeks!? I don't want to bag out any of the following sides but honestly Adel, Rich, Nth & WCE are no Lions, cats or Bulldogs... So if there were any games we really needed him for it was in the next few weeks right?!? (as opposed to the last few weeks that is).

Ridiculous call from an injury management point of view imo, something I would hate to see become too much more common...

He's a decent KPD in a pinch, but he's definitely best off as a third tall/loose man. His ability to read the ball coming in and intercept is fantastic.

He's certainly more than capable of playing senior footy to a good level, if that's what you're wondering.

Hmmm...he's barely capable of playing on the oppositions third forward IMO.

Big ticker, but too many brain fades.

If we need to call on some one to cover us in the back-line (i.e. C-Bolts) then I rate him as a competent-enough defender mate. He's certainly no slouch and has shown he can play senior footy with the big boys imo.

Debatable. See my previous post.

My guess is that the punctured lung against Carlton has bought him a boatload of sympathy votes. Pity that some people forget his handpass straight to a Carlton player in his own goalsquare in the very same game :eek:

That is the Teddy i know.

My concern is how we could play C-Bolts with this kind of injury niggle when we had the depth to cover his OUT during the past few weeks!? I don't want to bag out any of the following sides but honestly Adel, Rich, Nth & WCE are no Lions, cats or Bulldogs... So if there were any games we really needed him for it was in the next few weeks right?!? (as opposed to the last few weeks that is).

Ridiculous call from an injury management point of view imo, something I would hate to see become too much more common...

Couldn't agree more. It was painfully obvious he wasn't 100% from round 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the belief that in most sports, senior players generally made the call on whether they should play or not. As a co-captain and senior player I would have been up to him whether he wanted to risk it.

I hardly think you could place onus on the swans injury management. Unless it was a serious injury, they really can't make the final call.

Definitely disappointing that we won't have him for our tough run ahead, but I don't mind so much. I want to see how our defensive line is going to hold up without his obvious leadership and direction. We need to see if they're up to the task and here's their perfect opportunity to show that they can be rock solid once the baton is passed on.

Hope he recovers quickly though. :thumbsu:

Injuries:
Code:
[B]Player            Injury         Sustained       Returning[/B]
Ben McGlynn       Thigh          Round 4         Round 6             
Brett Meredith    Thigh          Pre-season      Round 5            
Craig Bird        Foot           Pre-season      Round 10            
Craig Bolton      Leg/Calf       Round 5         Round 12            
Jake Orreal       Back           Pre-season      Indefinite          
Kristin Thornton  Knee           Last season     Round 10

Injuries:
Code:
[B]Player            Injury         Sustained       Returning[/B]
Ben McGlynn       Thigh          Round 4         Round 6             
Brett Meredith    Thigh          Pre-season      Round 5            
Craig Bird        Foot           Pre-season      Round 10            
Craig Bolton      Leg/Calf       Round 5         Round 12            
Jake Orreal       Back           Pre-season      Indefinite          
Kristin Thornton  Knee           Last season     Round 10

Not sure how accurate that is, given Meredith played reserves just this weekend!

He actually returned the week before.Looked sharp, too.Didn't set the world on fire, but didn't shirk the tasks set , either.:thumbsu:
Really? I didn't see his name on the team list for the Canberra game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Sydney Swans injury list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back