Game Day Sydney Swans vs Collingwood Sat 1:45pm SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we lose him over this I will be far from happy especially when Blakey has been a mile worse this season.

How do you justify that Blakey has been a mile worse than Stephens?
We have only seen Stephens once at AFL level in a full game and otherwise he has played a few VFL games that you probably haven’t even watched.

Blakey has more impactful possessions that Stephens at this point (and in Dyls single game, he got a similar amount of the ball but his touches weren’t particularly dynamic, not having a go at him).

I am a fan of Stephens long term too by the way, just don’t get the Blakey hyperbole. I think he is being judged as a first round pick and what our expectations are of him based on that. His general impact and output isn’t actually that bad at all IMO....

This might sound kinda weird, but I see that Warner's family (particularly his mum) is very active on FB, and they seem to have dove head-first into the club's culture. Now I'm totally generalising here, and I've already put my foot in my mouth by doing that once already this week, but she seems like the type who would keep everything about her son, including a clip of him getting drafted. Someone take the fall and message her!

Ps. I just noticed Warner & I have 147 mutual friends on Facebook. That pretty much makes me famous so I probably won't hang around on here with you commoners much longer.
With that many mutual friends, you're almost related... can you please ask her?

PS. I will almost guarantee that any mum who has given up as much as the mother of an AFL player, has kept everything from the beginning...

Interview with Horse coming up on Fox Sports now.
Thanks Ticky009! I just saw this in time, for them to say he's coming and next and go to an add break... I won't miss a thing!! :) :) :)

How do you justify that Blakey has been a mile worse than Stephens?
We have only seen Stephens once at AFL level in a full game and otherwise he has played a few VFL games that you probably haven’t even watched.

Blakey has more impactful possessions that Stephens at this point (and in Dyls single game, he got a similar amount of the ball but his touches weren’t particularly dynamic, not having a go at him).

I am a fan of Stephens long term too by the way, just don’t get the Blakey hyperbole. I think he is being judged as a first round pick and what our expectations are of him based on that. His general impact and output isn’t actually that bad at all IMO....
Honestly, for me, it's just decision making. I was really impressed with Stephens and how he never really blundered a possession. I think Blakey has more ability, but blunders way too much.
I feel that the lower leagues is a good place to practice decision making, but maybe I'm talking out of my ass

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly, for me, it's just decision making. I was really impressed with Stephens and how he never really blundered a possession. I think Blakey has more ability, but blunders way too much.
I feel that the lower leagues is a good place to practice decision making, but maybe I'm talking out of my ass

I can understand that. Blakey does offer more versatility though and it seems like he has replaced Gulden up forward (appears to be warming up with the forward group) this week. I am happier with Blakey than Bell.

I reckon if a midfielder dropped out Stephens would be the first one in. They obviously don’t see him being able to play a role up forward.

Coaches: pick Buddy, McL + Sinkers

Bigfooty: “that won’t work”

One week later .....

Coaches: “well, that didn’t work”

That was a specific plan for Melbourne on two fronts:

- they wanted to occupy Lever as much as they possibly could

- with Hickey having only one game back from the PCL they wanted an insurance policy for Gawn

Longmire on FOXTEL about 40 minutes ago confirmed that as they are now more confident on Hickey’s knee they are rolling the dice without a recognised back-up.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back