Preview Sydney v GWS-

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People on here write great previews, thats not really my style, GWS are a pointless pile of crap, but they always fire up to play us, I don't know what to make of this Swans side, surely we can win, heck knows.

If you looking for an analysis for this game or key match ups, move along, the Swans wasted my Saturday night with no effort so why should I bother.

Instead here is a recipe for continental layer cake difficult to make, used to have it at my grandmothers as a boy, turns out she always purchased it pre made.
You can keep it in the freezer, its nice cold

INGREDIENTS​

16 piece(s)

Pastry

• 55 grams Butter
  • 20 grams honey
  • 1 egg
  • 110 grams sugar
  • 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
  • 280 grams plain flour
  • 1 pinch salt
Cream filling

• 320 grams Milk
  • 20 grams cornflour
  • 230 grams Unsalted butter, softened
  • 230 grams icing sugar
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla, sherry or rum
  • 4 tablespoons raspberry jam

RECIPE'S PREPARATION​

1. Pastry​

• 1. Melt the butter 60 C, 2 1/2 minutes sp 3.
      2. Add the honey, egg, sugar and bicarb soda and mix for 5 secs, sp 4.
      3. Heat 60 C, 2 minutes sp 1 till mixture is frothy
      4. Cool 5 minutes
      5. Add the flour and salt, and knead 30 sec,
      dough mode
      scraping down side of bowl halfway through the time
      6. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions. Roll each out between 2 sheets of baking paper to a rectangle 22 x 18 cm. (I roll out one and put it into the oven, and then roll out the next while the previous one is baking)
      7. Place on a baking tray,leaving the baking paper on the base. Bake each portion at 180 C (fan forced) 190 C (non fan forced) for 3 - 5 mins only until golden coloured.
      8. Place on rack to cool while preparing filing.

Cream filling​

• 1. Make a blancmange by placing the milk and cornflour into cleaned bowl and cook 6 mins, 90 C sp 4.
      2. Set aside to cool for 30 mins
      3. Cream softened butter, icing sugar, egg yolk and essence or sherry/rum for 1 minute, sp 5, scraping down the sides of the bowl once during the time.
      4, Add the cooled blancmange and mix 20 sec sp 5.

Assembling​

• 1. Trim each piece of pastry with sharp knife to equal size. Spread each layer with one tablesp of the raspberry jam, then a quarter of the cream filling placing each layer on top of each other, Finish with cream filling and sprinkle with drinking chocolate or finely grated chocoloate.
      2. Leave for at least 24 hours for layers to soften and flavours to incorporate.
      3, Cut into 16 pieces and enjoy.

Swans by enough to make us feel like we have a chance v the pies

Last edited:

Beyond hopefully getting Rampe and T mccartin back, I’m curious to know what changes Horse will make.

Beyond hopefully getting Rampe and T mccartin back, I’m curious to know what changes Horse will make.
It's tough making big calls on the back of a hiding where the entire team was poor, especially when we're still in an injury crisis.

However, I'd love to see Sheldrick back in the side and given a chance to fast track his development. We seem to be in need of his skillset.

Following week will show more as infrint of 70k pies at G and redemption for last year

Win against gws won’t be the change
I think we will have more chance against the Pies as our backline injuries don’t hurt as much against their keys and their mids aren’t as big. I just don’t think we match up well against Geelong across the park.

I think we will have more chance against the Pies as our backline injuries don’t hurt as much against their keys and their mids aren’t as big. I just don’t think we match up well against Geelong across the park.
More concerned big game atG and the crowd

Get embarrassed again and will be in the shit

So many players need to lift, no point in singling out just a few.

Hopefully Tom and Rampe are back from injury. Hickey is close as well. Get those 3 in and we should start to have some structure again
Hickey is a massive upgrade imo. Can actually tap to advantage and can use the football around the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I might take up paint watching. Is more fulfilling at the moment.

NFI who is available, but Cunningham has to go. He was a very reliable defender for a number of years, but I'm not actually sure what assets he's getting selected for anymore.

Unlike September we have an immediate chance to respond and we have time to save the season etc

win the next 2 and it's back on
We'll beat GWS comfortably, but will most likely lose to Collingwood. It still won't be the end of the world. We're probably not a top 4 side this season, but we should have enough to easily make the 8. Probably finish on 13-10 or 14-9.

Early days in the reserves, but Sheldrick for Roberts is a no-brainer.

Stephens, McInerney, McLean, Francis, Gould probably sweating on the fitness and form of those not in the side.

Horse will be fuming (though I admit he also needs to reevaluate what he and his coaches are doing.)

Hickey was just okay in reserves but played most of the game.

Hickey for Mclean.

Sheldrick fought hard and was best on the park by some distance. If Roberts is out, bring him in and give him another chance.

Ample players deserve to be dropped after that shitfest last night, but we have nothing in the cupboard. Hopefully we can get a couple of talls back - Rample and Tom Mc would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back