C: Malceski, Kirk, McVeigh
HF: R.O'Keefe, O'Loughlin, Fosdike
F: Schneider, Hall, Davis
FOLL: Jolly, J.Bolton, Goodes
I/C: Barlow, Crouch, Dempster, Everitt
EM: Schmidt, Buchanan, Thornton
IN: Hall
OUT: Ablett

No Tadgh Kennelly, but Barlow gets to keep his place in the team which is good.

They should replace Dempster with Buchanan, in my opinion.

No, leave Dempster in, that's a wise move IMO. I really hope Hall is atleast 90% fit though, because lately he's been playing like he's closer to 70%, and if that's the case, then he'll be a big bad bustling liability on saturday night.

What about Buchanan instead of Dempster, Barlow's a helluva lot better then Dempster.

That is a ridiculous comment. At this stage of their careers Dempster adds far more to the team than Barlow.
Has a bigger build. Is equally as quick. From what I have seen has a bigger kick, and can play a defensive role on a small or a tall (or a midfielder).

To say Barlow is better than Dempster is silly given the different roles Dempster can give us, and our lack of knowledge on what Barlow can offer besides playing fairly loose.

Whether Barlow will be better than Dempster in the long term is yet to be seen, but he is not in that ballpark yet.

Disappointed but not surprised that Buchanan is not in, even with Kennelly not playing!

Actually I think we're carrying Crouch. But perhaps he has credits on the board.

Well said, i didnt even notice Crouch in the line up.. I agree, Crouch is still getting back into form, and i guess Amon is hard done by. I was saying before Barlow over Buchanon was not so good, but after some discusion it probobly isnt as bad as i thought, but yeah, Crouchy quiet..

What's up with Buchanon? Discipline or something because there is no way he isnt in our best 22 if he is healthy?

I would be guessing discipline.

The hit on Clarke is not part of the Swans (Bloods) etho and therefore Roos is probably sitting him out.

That and after the Swans performance last game, was probably told he needs to earn his spot back.

I would be guessing discipline.

The hit on Clarke is not part of the Swans (Bloods) etho and therefore Roos is probably sitting him out.

That and after the Swans performance last game, was probably told he needs to earn his spot back.

Cmon, it was the heat of the moment, you know he would never do it again. He is also certainly in our best 22

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roos is always reluctant to make changes to a winning side (come to think of it, a losing one also) so I don't think it's any great surprise that Hall was the only inclusion. It would have been a bit rough on however was dropped if they had brought Buchanan back.

You wouldnt think that Hall's and Ablett's positions were interchangable.

God no

There not even close, which suggests the focus will be more forward line pressure and with not replacing Ablett with Buchannen suggets there may be more a direct ball usage into that line.

If it is the case I hope Schneider plays well in the pocket as a little forwatd is going to be important.

i said last week that the swans should have given buchannan their own week off for discipline reasons, and looks like they have, cos he was running into good form b4 that. maybe they considered him a liability against cw partly because of that also, could there have been a bit of a score to equal so they kept him out to avoid that issue as well, who knows? does that happen in footy?

I sure hope Barlow comes up to scratch this time then. No TK, probably a good thing if he's not fit, cos hes a liability otherwise.

Roosy is rollin the dice a bit on on Sat. Fingers crossed. but I dont have a good gut feeling about some of these decisions...

what the hell is roos thinking.
buchanon should be a dead set shoo in. His one of the few midfielders we have that can run the lines. the pies would be licking their lips at him missing selection.

I'd like to see Buchanan play for one of Bevan/Crouch personally, I think he brings more to the team than either of those.

Part of me is happy they've kept Barlow in, could play a big part in the game if he steps up to finals footy and erases the last Collingwood game from his memory.

its all mind games, amon will play

Yep, Roosy loves this kind of stuff, ducks n drakes. He's evil.:eek: AB will play for sure, tho i'd be hiring a bodyguard if I were him, he's gonna get roughed up for sure, which brings me back to the reason why Roosy has contemplated not playing him.

I'd like to see Buchanan play for one of Bevan/Crouch personally, I think he brings more to the team than either of those.

Part of me is happy they've kept Barlow in, could play a big part in the game if he steps up to finals footy and erases the last Collingwood game from his memory.

We need Bevo. Sure his not the best kick in the team, but his tough and is a great tackler. He will be crucial if we want to contain pies forward lines.

I would have made room for Buchanon by either dropping mcveigh or matthews.

IMO, these two players have gotten it easy due to the successes we had in previous seasons. they rarely contribute to the team and had we performed poorly in previous seasons, these two players would have been axed.

I doubt both mcveigh or matthews would make it into the top 22 of any other afl team.

We need Bevo. Sure his not the best kick in the team, but his tough and is a great tackler. He will be crucial if we want to contain pies forward lines.

I would have made room for Buchanon by either dropping mcveigh or matthews.

IMO, these two players have gotten it easy due to the successes we had in previous seasons. they rarely contribute to the team and had we performed poorly in previous seasons, these two players would have been axed.

I doubt both mcveigh or matthews would make it into the top 22 of any other afl team.

partly disagree. Mcv has been poor the last few games so yes Buchannan would be a better choice there, based on form, the canon for the cape. BUT Matthews has been playing well, in the second half of the season, and has been providing some options for us, and when he plays well, he fits into Roosys game plan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney's confirmed team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back