Sydney's record in grand finals needs scrutinising

Remove this Banner Ad

5-13 Overall, 2-5 as Sydney Swans. Not a good look at all. The overall record is worse than Collingwood.

I don't think a history of losing Grand Finals affects the current team, unless it is the team itself that has lost multiple GF's such as 90s Geelong, and 70s/80s Collingwood.

But it can become an albatross around the club's neck as each successive team loses, as were the Colliwobbes, and the Sydney Swans record will start to become just that if they lose on the weekend.

But not as hummi g as Sydney. They were going along nicely until the grand final :( (side note revisionist history and all but I wanted a Swans win in both 16 and 22!l).
Erhhhh... wut?

Geelong literally did not lose a single game after Round 9 that year. Geelong was head and shoulders above everyone else that year, while Sydney almost lost to Collingwood in the PF.

I couldn't be more confident in the Swans winning not that I care who wins but just think the AFL/Swans make so much more money if the Swans win given the merchandise $$ sales.

A little conspiracy theory for you guys we shall see.

Sydney were favorites in 2005, 2014 and 2016
I find it very hard to believe that Sydney were favourites in 2005, or that Brisbane were favourites in 2001. The Swans finished below the Eagles on the ladder, lost the QF to them, and barely scraped through the Semi-Final at home the next week.

Erhhhh... wut?

Geelong literally did not lose a single game after Round 9 that year. Geelong was head and shoulders above everyone else that year, while Sydney almost lost to Collingwood in the PF.

Sydney were in far better form, if they were actually switched on instead of witches hats on grand final day they would have pulled Geelong's pants down.

I think Sydney's bad grand final run will continue tomorrow as well ;)

Sydney were in far better form, if they were actually switched on instead of witches hats on grand final day they would have pulled Geelong's pants down.

I think Sydney's bad grand final run will continue tomorrow as well ;)
Your brown and gold glasses are getting in the way, mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bump.

Now Brisbane is certainly playing well, no question.

But this is pathetic. Their midfield pressure is completely nonexistent.

Shaping up to be 4 GF losses in a row, 3 of which are absolute drubbings (and all looked good matchups on paper). The 4th they were also warm favourites.

What is going on?

Bump.

Now Brisbane is certainly playing well, no question.

But this is pathetic. Their midfield pressure is completely nonexistent.

Shaping up to be 4 GF losses in a row, 3 of which are absolute drubbings (and all looked good matchups on paper). The 4th they were also warm favourites.

What is going on?
It’s a disgrace.

Bad enough losing this badly and in four of them, but they’re now not only the only side to have lost to a non-top four opponent under the current system, but they’ve done it twice after finishing first.

Can’t blame home ground advantage or the umps this time. It’s one thing to lose. Quite another to keep doing this.

It’s officially now the biggest mental scar in the AFL

Honestly just **** right off Sydney an absolute disgrace

worst result of this will be theAFL doubling down on there “investment “ in the swans

They just can’t have those fickle Sydney theatre going supporters attention turning to another code

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney's record in grand finals needs scrutinising

Remove this Banner Ad

Back