Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

NMFC drops a *. Luverly.

260716_BoomLarge.jpg

Last edited:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/mar...53cf783aef060e8b639898c00f748?from=public_rss

BANNED Essendon players will soon start to sue the AFL, former Bombers coach Mark Thompson believes.

Thompson, who served as a senior assistant coach to James Hird during the club’s controversial 2012 injection program, also delivered another impassioned plea to banned sports scientist Stephen Dank to tell the players exactly what they were injected with.

The Court of Arbitration for Sport in January banned 34 past and present Essendon players — including skipper Jobe Watson — for the entire season over the illegal supplements program, and Thompson believes there is still a long way to go before the saga is over.

“They’ve lost three years … four years now,” Thompson said.

“And I don’t think it’ll be over next year, either. I think it’s just been handled poorly — I think we all admit that. There’s been a lot of pain caused from it, a lot of broken relationships, and we all wish it didn’t happen.

“(I say it’s not over yet) because they will start to sue. (They will sue the) AFL. About $50 million, probably.

The gift that keeps giving!

The AFL will personally destroy these players before admitting culpability or paying them a red cent. If they had any brains OR guts they would have left * and already be suing them as we speak but they know what they've done and they stick together, thick as thieves.

"If this drug happened to be at the club, which they've got no proof it has been at the club or injected to any player, but if it did it wasn't 34 that had it – [it was] 12 or 14," Thompson said.

That's a very vague yet specific quote from Bomber...

Edit: A journalist worth their salt might have put that back to Bomber rephrased as such: so, you're saying that if Essendon did cheat, and there is no evidence that they did (on account of all the sport science records being conspicuously absent..), but if they did happen to cheat... It was only 12 or 14 times not 30?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"If this drug happened to be at the club, which they've got no proof it has been at the club or injected to any player, but if it did it wasn't 34 that had it – [it was] 12 or 14," Thompson said.

Edit: A journalist worth their salt might have put that back to Bomber rephrased as such: so, you're saying that if Essendon did cheat, and there is no evidence that they did (on account of all the sport science records being conspicuously absent..), but if they did happen to cheat... It was only 12 or 14 times not 30?

Bomba needs serious help - he is not healthy and anybody can see that, even just from reading what he says.

If there is any truth to his rantings, then it is clear as you point out, * and the players clearly knew the doping was using banned PEDs. He spoke about them knowing about aod and as you point out, they always knew it was tb4.

He also reminds the journo there is no proof... Well, they had plenty of chances to identify the holes and cover them up - they got to run their own enquiry didn't they?

Anyone else catch Hird's father on Sky News a couple of nights ago? I just cannot believe the denials continue so strongly.

I can.

In 100 years time when we are all gone...Jim's tombstone will read ..

'It wasn't me'

So they threw 20+ blokes under the bus in order to protect 12-14. Their Hail Mary defence was that all of them had their finger prints on the gun so none of them could be found guilty. Miss Marple isn't falling for that one.

Sure we all got mates that support *. I got one who has been miserable all season. Breaks your heart really. Try and cheer him up with funny faces & stories about North playing finals, GWS, Hawthorn maybe going back-to back- to back- to back. But inevitably reality sinks in as he waits for Hurley and Hibberd to re-sign.
Tried to cheer him up with a story about Cronulla in the NRL. They admitted to the p.e.d usage took the penalty, have won 14 straight games, sit atop the NRL ladder and are premiership favourites. Didn't seem to help either.

Last edited:
Why would the Players sue the AFL ? I mean , they weren't the ones that put them on the program ?
This is from a person who said he should have done more to stop the program himself......mind boggling really.

My understanding is the AFL is a party to their employment contracts. No AFL-approval, no contract.

If I was a Bombre* player I'd be suing everyone I could who might remotely be responsible, organisations and key individuals. Otherwise, the parties you do sue will defend themselves by laying the blame at the feet of parties you don't sue.

The law suit that I would enjoy signing the most would be the one against Honest Andy.

Sure we all got mates that support *. I got one who has been miserable all season. Breaks your heart really. Try and cheer him up with funny faces & stories about North playing finals, GWS, Hawthorn maybe going back-to back- to back- to back. But inevitably reality sinks in as he waits for Hurley and Hibberd to re-sign.
Tried to cheer him up with a story about Cronulla in the NRL. They admitted to the p.e.d usage took the penalty, have won 14 straight games, sit atop the NRL ladder and are premiership favourites. Didn't seem to help either.

Aw shuks. Just give him a big tummy tickle and tell him ol' unca Bomba's gonna make it all alright. Those ol' boys will be back soon and this will all be just a dream.

Either that or remind him that it was his team that cheated, and they even managed to stuff that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back