Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was post number 2376 in a thread dedicated to us.

brett pls

I'm sick of you idiots coming on here suggesting we are obsessed with *Essendon. You missed my point. I couldn't care less who you're playing next, how your supporters think, your past etc.

However, I do care (like most on here) about your team suffering for your actions. And I do want a film crew to record your members crying after you're suspended from the competition.

Jog on back to your delusional board, cheers

This was post number 2376 in a thread dedicated to us.

brett pls

I think you have misused the word "dedicated" here.

Perhaps you also missed the point, too. The post that Brett quoted was lucid and a good presentation of how a passionate supporter might evaluate his team's performance and prospects given results of games this year and in the context of the historical *Essendon 'June factor'.

However, that post also made these points in the context of "peptide-gate aside", when the whole point of this thread is the use of peptides and the fact that their alleged use cannot be ignored. Thus we are within our rights to reject any analysis made that excludes the so-called peptide-gate.

EDIT: aah yeah, Brett already said this.

In all seriousness, we did perform well enough for six weeks to at least consider the possibility of being top 4 if we continued as we were. And as a fan you always look at the best case scenario. Except you have to play well for more than the first 6 weeks, something which hasn't happened the last 2 years, especially the complete flop of last year. When you've been fortunate enough to have a history of success as many Essendon fans have, it's kind of expected that after 10 pathetic years we will get back up there. Therefore we, as fans, appear to jump on anything and say yep, 'surely turning the corner this time'. I guess there's nothing wrong with that, though.

From an Essendon point of view, the season still has strong legs (peptide-gate aside) if we are mentally strong enough. The next 3 games are huge- Richmond, Sydney, Carlton. I wouldn't be surprised if we won all 3, but based on the last 10 years I also wouldn't be surprised if we lost the next 3. I really don't know where we are at - sometimes we are fantastic and other times we play embarrassing, dumb football. But I will say, if the season again goes to shit I think fans will be pretty pissed off, to be frank, as they deserve to be.

Any more cool stories bro?

In all seriousness, we did perform well enough for six weeks to at least consider the possibility of being top 4 if we continued as we were. And as a fan you always look at the best case scenario. Except you have to play well for more than the first 6 weeks, something which hasn't happened the last 2 years, especially the complete flop of last year. When you've been fortunate enough to have a history of success as many Essendon fans have, it's kind of expected that after 10 pathetic years we will get back up there. Therefore we, as fans, appear to jump on anything and say yep, 'surely turning the corner this time'. I guess there's nothing wrong with that, though.

From an Essendon point of view, the season still has strong legs (peptide-gate aside) if we are mentally strong enough. The next 3 games are huge- Richmond, Sydney, Carlton. I wouldn't be surprised if we won all 3, but based on the last 10 years I also wouldn't be surprised if we lost the next 3. I really don't know where we are at - sometimes we are fantastic and other times we play embarrassing, dumb football. But I will say, if the season again goes to shit I think fans will be pretty pissed off, to be frank, as they deserve to be.

Morgan%20Freeman%20saying%20I%20don_t%20give%20a%20shit.gif

TB is actually one of the very few balanced *Essendon posters. Cut him a modicum of slack.
I said this yesterday mate, has someone hacked your account? :)
Balanced poster or not, I've enjoyed this thread for the pisstake of *essendon, have no interest in their match report and form. Or their supporters wishes or desires. Maybe that's just me.

TB is actually one of the very few balanced *Essendon posters. Cut him a modicum of slack.

Thread is about our sympathy (or lack of) for the situation his *club is in regarding it's use of dubious (at best) practices. He may be a balanced poster and his post may have been a balanced and thoughtful one about his *clubs top 4 chances, but on this board and particularly in this thread. I don't give a shit. Especially today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

did you hear this rumour on the breeze, or more of a Gale?

Nice to see that you're still keeping an eye on this mate. Keep up the good work and by the way do you think the lethargy that your boys showed on Saturday afternoon was as a result of the ASADA interviews or just a problem with dwindling PED supplies, given Dank is probably not too keen to help out anymore?

Okay, well an extract from that article might clear some doubts up.

"The probe took a toll on some players in the lead-up to the Bombers' shock loss to Brisbane Lions on Saturday.

"It is draining, but that's the reality of it," Essendon midfielder Jake Melksham said yesterday.

The interviews will continue for the next two weeks.

It is known that some players refused injections and took a minimal role in the program.

Others were given large quantities of numerous substances."

Do you feel cleansed now??>>>>>>>Leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back