Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care how many PR gurus they hire, there is no way they will be able to train 40-something footballers to create a convincing enough lie that they didn't take anything. It's one thing trotting out statements generated by the PR guys to a press conference, a totally different kettle of fish to be able to keep a coherent story held together over the course of a 3 hour interview. If (When) they get caught in their lies, I hope the punishment is made even worse for attempting to deceive their way out of it.

Can we start calling them *EssenDONE yet?

The other day i was in the supermarket, a lady stood next to me at the checkout in an *essendon members jumper/jacket.

Couldnt believe my eyes, it had a logo on it that read 'I'm EssendONE', i think it was from the 'I'm One' members campaign they had.

I read it as 'I'm EssenDONE', had a little chuckle, copped an angry glare, left supermarket without groceries, still LOLing when i got in car to go home without groceries.

Heard a very interesting story about Hird doing something Tania wouldnt be happy about.
Apparently took some injections of the Hot Beef kind.

DavidHillelookofjoylooko_O

I wonder what ASADA stance is on them?
Dunno, but I'm pretty sure I know what stance Hirdy was using. Those ears didn't get that big all by themselves you know.

Couldnt believe my eyes, it had a logo on it that read 'I'm EssendONE', i think it was from the 'I'm One' members campaign they had.

They're on the front-foot with their next membership campaign.

Doesn't instill their *supporters with much confidence, but gives *them a bit of hope as they prepare to sit the next few years out.

390868-james-hirrd.jpg

It's all about Hirdy.

F*** what a happy bunch of kids they are.

One of them looks like he's about to cry.

So much enthusiasm a funeral might break out.

How would you look if you were 8 years old and told you had to put the boots on to play AFL in 2014?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

House of cards beginning to show some strain then.
I'd be curious to know if the card at the top, him, is the first to fall, or if some of the cards at the bottom, the players, have started to shake, with the shockwaves taking him out.

Given that there has been no official nor reported developments in the story over the last few weeks and that they have been confident of everything being ok, either he is nothing but a sacrificial lamb or the first of many. The timing seems odd though unless they are now reading that they are not so confident anymore.

Given the timing I would say it can't be good.

It kinda flies in the face of how they have been positioning themselves. It was governance, it was governance, we will wait for the investigation to be over. This is a major change within an organisation under extreme pressure.

The action, the timing seem to me to be less in *Essendon's favour but perhaps in Robson's for him to get out before anything hits.

Surely some of the scum making we'll be right calls now have accept its gonna rock their club to the core and once its all done they will be left with something vastly different to what they had prior to any of this.

It beggars belief that he is simply just a sacrificial lamb. The timing is completely wrong for that - he had plenty of earlier chances to fall on his sword (esp. at the release of the Switkowski Report).

I suspect some of the players have provide full details to ASADA and it's all going to shit.

34393745.jpg

It beggars belief that he is simply just a sacrificial lamb. The timing is completely wrong for that - he had plenty of earlier chances to fall on his sword (esp. at the release of the Switkowski Report).

I suspect some of the players have provide full details to ASADA and it's all going to shit.
*Essendon have been keen to get on the front foot the whole time in a PR sense, so this seems logical.

Amazing how swift these things happen, given that yesterday he was all over the Lovett-Murray stabbing.

Well they can all look on the bright side now over there at *Essendon. That boy Dank might be able to comfortably slot into Robson's role. Has experience at the club and knows the ins and outs (of the needle variety).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back