Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon III - 4 Sept 2024 marks 20 years since *Essendon have won a final; Coached by the anti “RESULTIST”, RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny thing is. I feel exactly the same way about them. Don't get the whole * thing. The Baptists did us a favour in the 1920's. It galvanised the joint. They were limp lettuce in the 70's when we were supreme and they only got us briefly at the end of Pagan's reign and then promptly fell over. Since I've been breathing oxygen - both Clubs have won 4 premierships each. They've got delusions of grandeur.
But they are a big club with lots of fans! That's why they are better! Not like povvo North who clearly have a poor financial state and will clearly be shipped off to Tasmania.

I just typed all of that.

I've mentioned it before, but my view is that Brad will be a much better coach second time around. He is a smart guy and will learn from his mistakes.

This quote sort of proves it - of course it is wrapped in the usual layers of Brad's self-promoting bullshit, but it is clear that he is aware that this was really one of his huge weaknesses and he's not going to go down that path again. It's insulting to North supporters that he pretends he was like this all along, but the rest of the football world never focused on us enough to realise that Brad consistently nullified players strengths by trying to force them to play his dubious game plan. * will benefit from him realising (too late for us) how detrimental it is on a team. He will probably be better at selection, too.

So, I don't think they'll be terrible directly as a result of Brad's coaching, but he didn't inherit much of a list.

He will likely win them a final, which, as long as it isn't against us, I can live with as we can still make fun of them about it.

I've mentioned it before, but my view is that Brad will be a much better coach second time around. He is a smart guy and will learn from his mistakes.

This quote sort of proves it - of course it is wrapped in the usual layers of Brad's self-promoting bullshit, but it is clear that he is aware that this was really one of his huge weaknesses and he's not going to go down that path again. It's insulting to North supporters that he pretends he was like this all along, but the rest of the football world never focused on us enough to realise that Brad consistently nullified players strengths by trying to force them to play his dubious game plan. * will benefit from him realising (too late for us) how detrimental it is on a team. He will probably be better at selection, too.

So, I don't think they'll be terrible directly as a result of Brad's coaching, but he didn't inherit much of a list.
But they have had the best recruiting team in the business for years!

It would be interesting to see how Brad handles the momentum swings this time around.

He was sacked when the game was still allowing players to run off the mark to be an extra man in the defensive 50. The thing is that he now has to deal with the opposite of what he had with us. Lack of contested bulls at *Essendon.

They finished 2nd last in avg. contested possessions behind us.

They also finished 2nd last in avg. tackles behind us again.

Stoppage clearances? Something Brad relied on like no tomorrow? You guessed it, second last again! Wayyy below us too lol.

One percenters? Second last aga- alright this is actually really funny lmao. Below us again too just to rub it in.

They have to be able to apply effort consistently if they will have any success with Brad. Those stats are damning and Brad's style requires role players to execute their role to at least above average standard. If they can't even reach that they've got no chance. Their midfield needs to stop being lazy.

The list Brad got from Laidley applied enough midfield pressure that it could break-even in the stoppages and somewhat control the tempo. The issues became disastrous when the ball got out to pacey-class wingers. We had no chance. You'd feel like it is the opposite for *Essendon but I don't see where they get the classy break-the-lines stuff from. They simply don't have enough talent and they probably need time as Brad said.

I hope we smash them though. It would be pretty funny.

It would be interesting to see how Brad handles the momentum swings this time around.

He was sacked when the game was still allowing players to run off the mark to be an extra man in the defensive 50. The thing is that he now has to deal with the opposite of what he had with us. Lack of contested bulls at *Essendon.

Stoppage clearances? Something Brad relied on like no tomorrow? You guessed it, second last again! Wayyy below us too lol.

One percenters? Second last aga- alright this is actually really funny lmao. Below us again too just to rub it in.

They have to be able to apply effort consistently if they will have any success with Brad. Those stats are damning and Brad's style requires role players to execute their role to at least above average standard. If they can't even reach that they've got no chance. Their midfield needs to stop being lazy.

The list Brad got from Laidley applied enough midfield pressure that it could break-even in the stoppages and somewhat control the tempo. The issues became disastrous when the ball got out to pacey-class wingers. We had no chance. You'd feel like it is the opposite for *Essendon but I don't see where they get the classy break-the-lines stuff from. They simply don't have enough talent and they probably need time as Brad said.

He’s a control freak but if he has any brains he’d let caracella be the game tactics guy - very smart operator

Big Davey Barham is cashing in the war bonds to buy the dedicated trackwatchers some sun shades and plastic seats.

Must be so great barracking for a big strong club where you train at a soulless dung heap in the middle of nowhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good logic, but they have owned us for the last 3-4 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good logic, but they have owned us for the last 3-4 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There isn’t a club in the AFL that hasn’t owned us during the biggest list cull cum rebuild in AFL history thanks to Scotts and co.

The problem with the *scum is that their free-wheeling outside game looks magnificent against midfields that don’t have seasoned two-way runners, but as soon as they play against hardened midfields with tackling machines they poo their little nappies.

Hobbs is a ripper and as he develops he will help their midfield hardness somewhat, but not getting Dunkley this year will bite them again as he’s exactly the type they need.

So in the meantime they’re stuck with Sidesteppell, Shiel-a and now Tsatas.

Oh well… sucked in campaigners!..

Last edited:
There isn’t a club in the AFL that hasn’t owned us during the biggest list cull cum rebuild in AFL history thanks to Scotts and co.

The problem with the *scum is that their free-wheeling outside game looks magnificent against midfields that don’t have seasoned two-way runners, but as soon as they play against hardened midfields with tackling machines they poo their little nappies.

Hobbs is a ripper and as he develops he will help their midfield hardness somewhat, but not getting Dunkley this year will bite them again as he’s exactly the type they need.

So in the meantime they’re stuck with Sidesteppell, Shiel-a and now Tsatas.

Oh well… sucked in campaigners!..
In fairness they did pick up Settlefield , that kid is a bit of a unit, who needs midfield minutes but he is a complete boom/bust type going on his third club.
I certainly wouldn’t be banking the clubs inside stocks on him.

Hahahaha. A donation to the Ethics Institute, think they should pop in for a quick lesson.

irony GIF

Hahahaha. A donation to the Ethics Institute, think they should pop in for a quick lesson.

WTF is "The Ethics Institute"? Fox Footy were even less convincing by calling it "AN" Ethics Institute. These people are supposed to be journalists, not just re-hashers of press statements...

1671517006516.png

WTF is "The Ethics Institute"? Fox Footy were even less convincing by calling it "AN" Ethics Institute. These people are supposed to be journalists, not just re-hashers of press statements...

View attachment 1576087

Did a quick google search.

"An Ethics Institute " is run by these 2 fine, upstanding blokes. You just have to show them the financials first.

images.jpeg.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon III - 4 Sept 2024 marks 20 years since *Essendon have won a final; Coached by the anti “RESULTIST”, RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

Back