Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon III - 4 Sept 2024 marks 20 years since *Essendon have won a final; Coached by the anti “RESULTIST”, RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

How long goldy contracted for? They are literally in the middle of fu*ing no where. I can see Brad doubling down at seasons end with pressure mounting. Recruit a couple of C grade battlers in an attempt to win a final 😂
He’s probably over at TT’s house now

"Harry Sheezel was born."

LOL.
This makes me feel a little old, I have been through plenty of rough times of * being a legitimately a strong finals team.

It was a tough time as the lone Roo in my primary school classes of '84 and '85 with about three quarters of the class all * loving imbeciles cheering on their flags of those years.

Near the end of high school, I put up with another wave of * class mates and their '93 flag.

I was a young man when * dominated the 2000 season, although that * premiership was softened a little by the ones they left on the table, particularly '99!

It brings a tear to my eye, to now be in a time, when we see the Great Harry running around dominating for our beloved Roos and know he was not even born the last time those pricks won a final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He must be loving playing all those losing games in front of big crowds.
So true.

The larger clubs love to push the ‘play in front of huge crowds’ narrative when trying to recruit players from smaller clubs.

That’s all well and good when the team is winning consistently, but when the team is getting pumped it just means more people are going to destroy you live at the games, in the media and online.

No wonder introverts like Cunners loved playing for a club our size.

Harley Reid is getting the baptism of fire over here in the west this week after Freo targeted him (very well too) in the derby.

He’s getting a taste of the large negative spotlight that comes with playing for a big club and how quick the media and supporters will turn on you.

Ironically i can see the snake oil salesmen Dodo and Scotts selling the farm to get him to *tullamarine at the end of next year to buy them some goodwill amongst the * flog masses.

If HR wants to head back to Melb maybe he might consider the circus that comes with playing for a big vic club nowadays.

So true.

The larger clubs love to push the ‘play in front of huge crowds’ narrative when trying to recruit players from smaller clubs.

That’s all well and good when the team is winning consistently, but when the team is getting pumped it just means more people are going to destroy you live at the games, in the media and online.

No wonder introverts like Cunners loved playing for a club our size.

Harley Reid is getting the baptism of fire over here in the west this week after Freo targeted him (very well too) in the derby.

He’s getting a taste of the large negative spotlight that comes with playing for a big club and how quick the media and supporters will turn on you.

Ironically i can see the snake oil salesmen Dodo and Scotts selling the farm to get him to *tullamarine at the end of next year to buy them some goodwill amongst the * flog masses.

If HR wants to head back to Melb maybe he might consider the circus that comes with playing for a big vic club nowadays.
Nailed it Sherms. The irony with McKay despite how awful North have been for the last 4 - 5 years I can't recall one single instance where the crowd has booed them or shouted obscenities at them.

We're by no means angels Twitter and this place will attest to that however we've never crossed that line off booing our players, quite the opposite in fact I think our crowds at the games have been very supportive of the team.

Nailed it Sherms. The irony with McKay despite how awful North have been for the last 4 - 5 years I can't recall one single instance where the crowd has booed them or shouted obscenities at them.

We're by no means angels Twitter and this place will attest to that however we've never crossed that line off booing our players, quite the opposite in fact I think our crowds at the games have been very supportive of the team.
Apparently we are too soft on our team, though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon III - 4 Sept 2024 marks 20 years since *Essendon have won a final; Coached by the anti “RESULTIST”, RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

Back