Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon III - 4 Sept 2024 marks 20 years since *Essendon have won a final; Coached by the anti “RESULTIST”, RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone honestly believe that Brad's time at scumland is going to end in anything other than a spectacular fireworks display?

My hope is that over then next 2 years he gets the side playing just well enough to to get himself extended.

mire them in the middle for a decade and then leave just as Tassie enter so they need to rebuild in compromised drafts.

Then when they do finally cut him all the scum media types go scorched earth on him and he has to walk away from the industry.

Does anyone honestly believe that Brad's time at scumland is going to end in anything other than a spectacular fireworks display?

My hope is that over then next 2 years he gets the side playing just well enough to to get himself extended.

mire them in the middle for a decade and then leave just as Tassie enter so they need to rebuild in compromised drafts.

Then when they do finally cut him all the scum media types go scorched earth on him and he has to walk away from the industry.

I actually thought he would be a better coach this time around. It's hilarious to see that he isn't and even more hilarious to see the * supporters having to put up with his snake oil. Perfect example in today's paper, he doesn't care about finals. LOL.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/a...s/news-story/46941c170d7b00d28d6a40e5ad789edc

My only disappointment in that sea of wonderfully disingenuous Brad-isms is that when he posed the rhetorical question “How do you fix that?", his answer didn't include the word "easy".

I actually thought he would be a better coach this time around. It's hilarious to see that he isn't and even more hilarious to see the * supporters having to put up with his snake oil. Perfect example in today's paper, he doesn't care about finals. LOL.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/a...s/news-story/46941c170d7b00d28d6a40e5ad789edc

My only disappointment in that sea of wonderfully disingenuous Brad-isms is that when he posed the rhetorical question “How do you fix that?", his answer didn't include the word "easy".

As did I.

I legit thought he would have had time to reflect on what went wrong with us and why and then within the confines of a big club his ego would have been more kept in check.

However it seems from these cheap seats that if anything his ego has grown in proportion with the platform he now has.

What's more is he still seems to be coaching for a contract extension rather than silverware.

He is in a vortex of right now and needs results for him right now and that will be to the longer term detriment of their club.

Long may this slow moving car crash go on. Hopefully he f***s their list harder than he f***ed ours, and their dip coincides with Tassie concessions and they have to go root and branch rebuild.

Brad Scott said:
How do you fix that? Well, you keep putting yourself in those pressure situations. We can just develop our game and sit in the bottom half of the ladder and say, ‘we’re building a list, we’re building a style’, or we can try and perform, compete against the best and keep putting ourselves in those situations.

Translation:

“We’ve got an 8-year plan of topping up.”

ok

if DuckYeah says so!
100%. 850k doesn’t trigger band 1 you idiot. You have to be in the top few % of player wages. 1.2. Length of deal is irrelevant.

Well done on chewing up 6% of your teams salary cap on that spud. Horrendous defensive structure.

You’re team is stuck in the wilderness without a clue how to get out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100%. 850k doesn’t trigger band 1 you idiot. You have to be in the top few % of player wages. 1.2. Length of deal is irrelevant.

Well done on chewing up 6% of your teams salary cap on that spud. Horrendous defensive structure.

You’re team is stuck in the wilderness without a clue how to get out

lol

Band 1 triggers if you are in the top 5% of contracts. Bens 6 x 850k deal falls within top 5% of deals. Ergo Band 1. The length of the deal is absolutely relevant so are things like age. He is on no way near 1.2m a year, apart from the first year which was front loaded.

Essendon received Band 1 when Joe Daniher left for Brisbane. Daniher was on a 5-year 750k deal to join them.

Read this; if you actually can read.

if you are going to troll me, at least know what you are talking about.....But then again you think North will jag a flag after finishing bottom 2 for 5 years, so maybe I'm asking too much!

Last edited:
lol

Band 1 triggers if you are in the top 5% of contracts. Bens 6 x 850k deal falls within top 5% of deals. Ergo Band 1. The length of the deal is absolutely relevant so are things like age. He is on no way near 1.2m a year, apart from the first year which was front loaded.

Essendon received Band 1 when Joe Daniher left for Brisbane. Daniher was on a 5-year 750k deal to join them.

if you are going to troll me, at least know what you are talking about.....But then again you think North will jag a flag after finishing bottom 2 for 5 years, so maybe I'm asking too much!
He’s on 1.2 nuffy. And North will win a final before your shitbox aging shit hole team lead by a bitch that pulls on blokes hair.

1722498440672.jpeg
Look at this pussy. Thats the captain. Hahaha and I think Norths captains are shit, but this bloke has to be the softest punce captain in AFL history

He’s on 1.2 nuffy. And North will win a final before your shitbox aging shit hole team lead by a bitch that pulls on blokes hair.

View attachment 2065366
Look at this pussy. Thats the captain. Hahaha and I think Norths captains are shit, but this bloke has to be the softest punce captain in AFL history

lol

you are trolling yourself at this point.

hard feat for most

Many years ago I told you as I did others that this guy was a Turkey. Did you want to believe me? No. Now you get it. The morale of the story. When Zondor posts. You all need to pay attention. :stern look

This is true. We disagreed about Brad for a long time, as you'll recall, and it ends up you were right.

Gone at end of next season bookmark it

I listen to the Rush Hour everyday and generally find it very entertaining, but I cringe everytime JB brings up Brad Scott and how he always has a million excuses lined up for him. It's pathetic how he keeps buying himself time and saying he has some mystery plan to fix everything when hardly any players have shown improvement since he took over.

I was genuinely shocked at how easily the Dons rolled over against us, I fully expected to win but as soon as the game got difficult they folded. It might not be all his fault, but it seems he's at the perfect club that's going to buy him a few more years because they are completely broken mentally.

lol

$850k is still a hell of a lot for a full back that can’t dispose of the ball.
He was always a great mark but can’t do anything afterwards. Turnover merchant in the worst part of the ground. He’s what 26 now? He ain’t going to improve, he’s gonna cost you a hell of a lot more games.

My guess you’ll get a new coach at the end of next year and McKay will be one of the first traded out for picks in a full rebuild.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon III - 4 Sept 2024 marks 20 years since *Essendon have won a final; Coached by the anti “RESULTIST”, RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

Back