Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon III - 4 Sept 2024 marks 20 years since *Essendon have won a final; Coached by the anti “RESULTIST”, RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

Some interesting posts here of late and while I understand some of the thoughts, I really rate myself as being quite different to most here and see myself as a caring and compassionate sort of bloke. I can't remember ever really joining in celebrating the (many years of) misery that the *essendon football club have endured. I'm not that type of person.

Anyway its been tough for *them so thought I would have a look at the fixture from here on this year and see if I can provide a bit of encouragement for all those *hombres who barrack for the *bombres.

Yes there is still great hope for the *essendon football club to come good this year. Yes *they can still make the top 8.

Here's how.

Presently there are 4 sides ahead of *them on the ladder who are on 48 points and occupying positions 7, 8, 9 and 10, being the Bulldogs, Hawthorn, Carlton and the Pies. Note that the *bombres are on 46 points.

To get things on track, for starters *they have to beat Brisbane in Brisbane in round 24. Piece of cake surely.

*they then have to rely on two out of the Bulldogs, the Hawks and the Blues to lose both their last two games. Two more pieces of cake surely. (It would be better if all three lost their last two games, but you can't have everything in life, when you support the *bombres. It wouldn't be fair. Well probably in *their eyes it would.)

Next required outcome is for the Pies to lose to the Godees at the MCG, next week. Another piece of cake surely.

And bingo the *bombres are in the 8.

So 4 pieces of cake outcomes there in my humble estimation.

And to really lift the spirits of those *bombre "hombres, here's the really good news on the fixture.

The Bulldogs play us and the GWS. With our record and the GWS looking to secure second or third on the ladder, chalk that down as two losses, surely. Bulldogs - gone.

The Hawks play Richmond and us. Surely they will lose both of those games against such tough opposition. The Hawks - gone.

Carlton are injury riddled, out of form, perhaps even over-rated. They play the WC and the Saints. They are done, surely. Carlton - gone.

And back to the Pies. Sooner or later they will stop winning the close ones and what better team than the wonderfully united and harmonious Godees to stop that rot. The Pies - gone.

So there it is in a nutshell. The *bombres are about to finish 7th and who knows what from there.

In anticipation of such an exciting finish to *their home and away season, I strongly encourage all *bombres to book a (one-way) plane ticket to Brisbane to watch *their team in all *their glory, in the last round of 2024.

(And pack a large suitcase for the journey so that when one of the above steps fails to materialise, *they can go and lie on the beach on the the Gold Coast for the rest of *their ever delusional lives.)
Get Out Omg GIF by Get Out Movie

It’s more to do with the disgraceful ongoings of that week of the announcements

Reeked of something this mob would do

My recollection was that the players tried to jam the club in giving them an answer on their contract status before the end of the year.

Which, if true, is completely unacceptable.

However, had I been on the Board, I would have sacked Scott at the same time.

For example, he played Petrie for almost the whole year before dropping him for the last two (?) games even though he was badly out of form for the whole year.

He then admitted that he didn’t have the strength of character to drop senior players. Inexcusable for a coach. What message did this send to those trying to get a game.

Anyway not our problem anymore.

My recollection was that the players tried to jam the club in giving them an answer on their contract status before the end of the year.

Which, if true, is completely unacceptable.

However, had I been on the Board, I would have sacked Scott at the same time.

For example, he played Petrie for almost the whole year before dropping him for the last two (?) games even though he was badly out of form for the whole year.

He then admitted that he didn’t have the strength of character to drop senior players. Inexcusable for a coach. What message did this send to those trying to get a game.

Anyway not our problem anymore.
Chopped out most of our experience and cutting deep is still our problem. We are still feeling the impacts of those decisions 8 years on.

Chopped out most of our experience and cutting deep is still our problem. We are still feeling the impacts of those decisions 8 years on.

Chopped most of the experience, two weeks before a final and replaced them all with precisely nothing and then being at the wheel as the list steadily slid into the dogshit from which it's never recovered.

The club is to blame for the last bit, and for the shameful handling of those 'retirements', but Brad can GAGF.

Last edited:
Chopped most of the experience, two weeks before a final and replaced them all with precisely nothing and then being at the wheel as the list steadily slid into the dogshit from which it's never recovered.

The club is to blame for the last bit, and for the shameful handling oF those 'retirements', but Brad can GAGF.
Agreed, the ongoing problem that those delistings created was not just that we lost around 1300 games of experience. It was that Bard had the greenlight from the board to rebuild but he chose to replace the veterans with plodders and journeymen, and then went after the big fish. When that all failed miserably, he went back to the board wanting to do a full rebuild. He wasted 3 years of rebuilding opportunity, and along with the Covid year of crap shoot drafting and the JHF clusterfvck, this is where we find ourselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club is to blame for the last bit, and for the shameful handling oF those 'retirements', but Brad can GAGF.

The players forced the issue before the finals, not the Club.

For that reason alone, I don’t have an issue with them having been moved on.

What we did wrong was to allow Scott to continue as well. Should moved him on as soon as he tried to avoid going for a proper rebuild whilst we had a good core of senior players still around.

The players forced the issue before the finals, not the Club.

For that reason alone, I don’t have an issue with them having been moved on.

What we did wrong was to allow Scott to continue as well. Should moved him on as soon as he tried to avoid going for a proper rebuild whilst we had a good core of senior players still around.

The issue is the crap show that was provided to us…the ones that pay part of their wages…the ones that had followed Boomer since his first game

That is undeniable and I won’t hear anything else

Doesn't mince his words Kane "i think Weideman was hopeless"lol. Did I hear correctly, Footballs first lady said she is going to her grave, do we get an invite lol
That old gag about "giving Maggie Thatcher a State funeral, as long as she dies now" is quite fitting :-D

Blake Caracella has gone back to Richmond. Gives Brad the chance to bring in another Yes man - Cam Joyce, come on down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon III - 4 Sept 2024 marks 20 years since *Essendon have won a final; Coached by the anti “RESULTIST”, RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

Back