Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon III - 4 Sept 2024 marks 20 years since *Essendon have won a final; Coached by the anti “RESULTIST”, RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Scott can’t coach, leadership is lacking, the midfield is too small, the defence is too bland, and the forward line doesn’t kick enough goals.

Fix those five things, and Essendon can think about losing finals again.

Brutality.

Brutality.
That quote should be saved as a meme.

Here it is again, because it’s worth reading twice:

Brad Scott can’t coach, leadership is lacking, the midfield is too small, the defence is too bland, and the forward line doesn’t kick enough goals.

That quote should be saved as a meme.

Here it is again, because it’s worth reading twice:

These ones are quite handy also:
Somehow, he has stolen a living as a senior coach for 12 years and counting, almost certainly because of his twin brother, who has proven to be exceptional.
The sad part is that they think they should be contending in the here and now. But then again, delusion has always been part of the DNA at Windy Hill.

As the bombers and Roo boys celebrate mad Monday today, it occurred to me that Essendon's shock 1pt win over freo a month ago ultimately handed their arch rival Carlton a spot in the 8

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As the bombers and Roo boys celebrate mad Monday today, it occurred to me that Essendon's shock 1pt win over freo a month ago ultimately handed their arch rival Carlton a spot in the 8
Thats bloody painful....

Still scratching my head on how my dockers blew a 3 or 4 goal lead to essendon and lost by a point. lol

Thats bloody painful....

Still scratching my head on how my dockers blew a 3 or 4 goal lead to essendon and lost by a point. lol
Yeah the slide from 3rd to 9th from round 20 to 24 was quite remarkable. Something I thought only my club and a select few others were capable of.
Sorry for your loss

Last edited:
Thats bloody painful....

We couldn't believe it either but we're not one's to talk (Pies, WCE games).
I reckon you have a real chance to be top 4 next year.
What do you think you are missing? I'd say that game changing player who can make something out of nothing.
You have got a lot of pieces there already and speed across the ground. Just has to finally come together I guess.

We couldn't believe it either but we're not one's to talk (Pies, WCE games).
I reckon you have a real chance to be top 4 next year.
What do you think you are missing? I'd say that game changing player who can make something out of nothing.
You have got a lot of pieces there already and speed across the ground. Just has to finally come together I guess.
we just got unlucky With injuries to certain Key position players. Just like in 2019.

This season, our best KPF in Josh Treacy, Main ruckman in Sean Darcy and Best tall defender in Alex Pearce got injured late in the season.

We are missing a player or gun mid that has the X factor or killer instinct to make a difference, in a good way.

Tigers think Liam Baker is worth pick 10-15 despite being out of contract. Debateable.

I would love a Shai Bolton to replace an ageing Michael Walters, but tigers will ask for a lot.

Funny thing is, this collapse happened in 2019 as well. We beat Collingwood at the MCG. Dockers were 8 wins and 7 losses. Ended up 9 wins and 13 losses after that Magpies win with Hogan, Lobb and Alex Pearce all injured. So 2 KPFs and a KPD out injured.

Yeah the slide from 3rd to 9th from round 20 to 24 was quite remarkable. Something I thought only my club and a select few others were capable of.
Sorry for your loss
Thanks....

Regardless on how Bad essendon are, they always manage to Beat the Dockers in Victoria.

2019: Essendon beat dockers at Marvel by 7 points 60-53
2020: Essendon beat dockers at Marvel by 6 points 63-57
2021: Essendon beat dockers at Marvel by 7 points 68-61

2022: Dockers beat Essendon at Marvel by 48 points 107-59

2024: Essendon beat dockers at the MCG by 1 point 90-89.

Just felt gutted falling short to them.

I am glad North Beat Essendon Narrowly in that 2014 elim final despite that massive lead essendon had a 3 quarter time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon III - 4 Sept 2024 marks 20 years since *Essendon have won a final; Coached by the anti “RESULTIST”, RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

Back