Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon III - with 2023 finals on the line, GWS win by +100 / Nov4 = 7000 days since last final win / RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

Incredible how a couple of weeks ago, to a lot of oppo and particularly * supporters, us losing by a single point with a number of missed calls in the dying minutes, was all our own fault as we'd been well ahead earlier in the game, but now a 45 point loss is being blamed on a few bad calls earlier in the game giving Geelong momentum!

Incredible how a couple of weeks ago, to a lot of oppo and particularly * supporters, us losing by a single point with a number of missed calls in the dying minutes, was all our own fault as we'd been well ahead earlier in the game, but now a 45 point loss is being blamed on a few bad calls earlier in the game giving Geelong momentum!
That type of head dropping is a brad scott induced mentality 101. We are still suffering the aftereffects of it.

I didn't get to watch the game, was at Storm match across the road. But the two decisions that seem to be being highlighted are the Draper arm chop and the rushed behind.

I'll admit I am pretty biased with my lack of love for all things red and black, but they don't seem like the absolute howlers they are being made out to be.

I'd argue Souv has a least a couple of equally missed marking contest free kicks nearly every week, Draper should probably have got a free kick, but he isn't exactly Robinson Crusoe not having it paid.

The rushed behind, was probably a little harsh, I've seen a few arguments each way about how the rules are written, but I don't think it is quite the definite howler it is being made out as.

Still, great to see them lose and hopefully focus on their perceived injustices rather than getting better as a footy team!

I didn't get to watch the game, was at Storm match across the road. But the two decisions that seem to be being highlighted are the Draper arm chop and the rushed behind.

I'll admit I am pretty biased with my lack of love for all things red and black, but they don't seem like the absolute howlers they are being made out to be.

I'd argue Souv has a least a couple of equally missed marking contest free kicks nearly every week, Draper should probably have got a free kick, but he isn't exactly Robinson Crusoe not having it paid.

The rushed behind, was probably a little harsh, I've seen a few arguments each way about how the rules are written, but I don't think it is quite the definite howler it is being made out as.

Still, great to see them lose and hopefully focus on their perceived injustices rather than getting better as a footy team!

The rushed behind was 100% correct. Menzie gets the ball, has other options, sees two Cats players who aren't really on his tail and he just walks across the line. Free kick every day of the week.

The Draper one? Yeah, that's a howler. But suck shit. You want to play for frees and mock the umpires when they get it wrong? Karma comes back and bites you on the arse.

Umpires smashed them? Nah, not really. Once again they play against decent opposition and crumble. Against sides currently in the 8 they are 1-3-1. Against everyone else 9-2. And their percentage is still under 100. Fraud team coached by a fraud.

And if they were smashed by the umpires?

View attachment 1683474-73dc7f90f8ced04260ae6e904e4b67b6.mp4

Last edited:
In fairness one * poster in their General B Scott thread is asking questions.

Not sure his questions are overly popular.

I hate Scott mainly because he’s righteous and smug. Old mate and I cannot chat about him it ends badly lol.

I stand by General B Scott sees success as being in the system.

And in part he’s correct but never in the eyes of those that pay good money to be part of the shit shows he manages.

For ten years we had a poor percentage and now * have joined the party. How can you win more than you lose but hover around the 100% mark.

I’ll tell youse, by beating up on shit sides and being proud of it. And then winning the occasional game against a good side, yes occasional.

And we had a much better list in the mid 2000’s than most realise.

Fancy having an 8 year plan and fancy buying that nonsense.

* are brutal and they’ll eat him up and spit him out if he continues like this into the next season.

Brings in a 36 yr old ruckman ffs, pays a mil for a sub 10 disposal FB FFS.

K Dawson is tracking to be better than Magoo by this time next season .

He’s mobile, quick and puts his body on the line. There’s 3 things Magoo ain’t.

You don’t bring in 36 yr olds and pay a mil per season for a ready to FB and just waltz along .

He’s a fraud but I dips me lid , cause he’s a very wealthy one.

Well played General B Scott, well played

In fairness one * poster in their General B Scott thread is asking questions.

Not sure his questions are overly popular.

I hate Scott mainly because he’s righteous and smug. Old mate and I cannot chat about him it ends badly lol.

I stand by General B Scott sees success as being in the system.

And in part he’s correct but never in the eyes of those that pay good money to be part of the shit shows he manages.

For ten years we had a poor percentage and now * have joined the party. How can you win more than you lose but hover around the 100% mark.

I’ll tell youse, by beating up on shit sides and being proud of it. And then winning the occasional game against a good side, yes occasional.

And we had a much better list in the mid 2000’s than most realise.

Fancy having an 8 year plan and fancy buying that nonsense.

* are brutal and they’ll eat him up and spit him out if he continues like this into the next season.

Brings in a 36 yr old ruckman ffs, pays a mil for a sub 10 disposal FB FFS.

K Dawson is tracking to be better than Magoo by this time next season .

He’s mobile, quick and puts his body on the line. There’s 3 things Magoo ain’t.

You don’t bring in 36 yr olds and pay a mil per season for a ready to FB and just waltz along .

He’s a fraud but I dips me lid , cause he’s a very wealthy one.

Well played General B Scott, well played
I wouldn't be too harsh on him, Old Boy. That list he's got ain't flash. * generally think they're better than they actually are.

Will he get to his magical 12 wins this year?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Chom and Magoo

X and Goldy

OMG
Excited Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

Langford on the Footy Show claiming confusion on the rushed point free kick. Parroted the Scotts line about a series of unfortunate events then pulled out a "bitterly disappointing"

The really are being Bradded.
It's hilarious, but I'm also having vietnam war intensity flashbacks to Scott's era here.

Rooted like a UK security guard in a prison by the umps in the 3rd quarter

Was great viewing, haven’t laughed that much in a while

Their captain Virat didn’t handle it well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brad Scott is a middling coach and they are getting exactly what they paid for.

Their issue is Brads plan for a flag is to Bradbury one. Which does not equal sustained success.

It’s funny from our cheap seats because we’ve seen this play before first hand for a decade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back