Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon III - with 2023 finals on the line, GWS win by +100 / Nov4 = 7000 days since last final win / RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

Every coach gets a honeymoon period, Brad is almost at the end of his.

I was hoping he'd change from lessons learned in the past but so far it's the same Brad.

I'll still cheer him like any footy tragic and hope like hell we can break this finals hoodoo.
There will be no change from Back Them In Brad.

It will continue to be everyone else’s fault when it goes south.

Every coach gets a honeymoon period, Brad is almost at the end of his.

I was hoping he'd change from lessons learned in the past but so far it's the same Brad.

I'll still cheer him like any footy tragic and hope like hell we can break this finals hoodoo.
There was always a joke about Brad, he had no plan B, we'd get done at selections on Thursday or game day with no change to selection or line up, I remember we had game up in GC that they were predicting 70 or 80mm of rain earlier in the week, the selection committee went with 3 tall forwards, genuine head scratcher stuff. In game changes were just as bad.
Brad just sitting there staring blankly at 3/4 time as his pre game, chess game fell apart.

Its kinda perfect relationship Brad and the bummers for us North fans. Slow moving train crash that you can't look away from. I'll give him one thing though, he's slick, he'll talk he's way into another contract. I mean who in football talks about 8 year plans.

Last edited:
There was always a joke about Brad, he had no plan B, we'd get done on at selections on Thursday or on game day with no change to selection or line up, I remember we had game up in GC that they were predicting 70 or 80mm of rain earlier in the week, the selection committee went with 3 tall forwards, genuine head scratcher stuff. In game changes were just as bad.
Brad just sitting there staring blankly at 3/4 time as his pre game, chess game fell apart.

Its kinda perfect relationship Brad and the bummers for us North fans. Slow moving train crash that you can't look away from. I'll give him one thing though, he's slick, he'll talk he's way into another contract. I mean who in football talks about 8 year plans.
You can see in the way they recruited this year that all they are trying to do is win a final. That's as far as their vision extends. Mid Table mediocrity , deja vu

Maybe that's the plan, win a final, then rebuild?

I think it is far more likely that the real thing being planned to win is a contract extension for Brad.

If they won a final it would just about be a formality that they extend him.

and if they did win a final it would likely lead to topping up harder rather than dipping to make a real push for talent.

I personally think that they are getting exactly what was advertised with Bard. An ok coach with a middle of the road win loss record. Which leads them no where. Never truly contending, never getting access to the top end of the draft.

Long may Brad reign.

I think it is far more likely that the real thing being planned to win is a contract extension for Brad.

If they won a final it would just about be a formality that they extend him.

and if they did win a final it would likely lead to topping up harder rather than dipping to make a real push for talent.

I personally think that they are getting exactly what was advertised with Bard. An ok coach with a middle of the road win loss record. Which leads them no where. Never truly contending, never getting access to the top end of the draft.

Long may Brad reign.
Their acquisitions have put them fair and square into the middle of the pack.

None of them will help them progress to anything more than they are.

Goldstein, McKay, Duursma and Gresham.

Genuine B grade at best. And McKay is on $1m a year.

FMD.

FMD.
If I were a scum fan (shudder) I would be looking at what happened to our list at the end of 19 and 20 and viewing it as a cautionary tale of what Brad built.

He may win them a final. He may win himself a new contract. He may f*** them for a decade in doing so.

Midtable is death. We know, we've lived it.

FMD.
My thoughts exactly. They've gone so long without winning a final that that is now all they strive for. Top up with the likes of goldy, mckay, greesham. Win an elimination final and then what?

My thoughts exactly. They've gone so long without winning a final that that is now all they strive for. Top up with the likes of goldy, mckay, greesham. Win an elimination final and then what?
Brad Scott gets an early 2 year extension.

My favourite ever Bard quote: “Well, we don’t believe in looking in the rear view mirror at North Melbourne……, but, history tells us….”

Guy is/was a bullshitter through and through. Speaks in riddles.
Uses $10 words for a $1 sentence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My favourite ever Bard quote: “Well, we don’t believe in looking in the rear view mirror at North Melbourne……, but, history tells us….”

Guy is/was a bullshitter through and through. Speaks in riddles.
I think back to 2016 when he kept reiterating the importance of winning 12 games to make finals. At 9-0 and then 10-1 I expected to win more than 12 games.

I think back to 2016 when he kept reiterating the importance of winning 12 games to make finals. At 9-0 and then 10-1 I expected to win more than 12 games.
The following sums him up better than anything else ever could:

1719918833442.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back