T20 World Cup First Semi Final 9/11. New Zealand v Pakistan 1830hrs @ the SCG

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Squads.
New Zealand from, Kane Williamson (capt), Finn Allen, Trent Boult, Michael Bracewell, Mark Chapman, Devon Conway (wk), Lachlan Ferguson, Martin Guptill, Adam Milne, Daryl Mitchell, Jimmy Neesham, Glenn Phillips, Mitchell Santner, Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee.
Pakistan from, Babar Azam (capt), Asif Ali, Haider Ali, Haris Rauf, Iftikhar Ahmed, Khushdil Shah, Mohammad Haris, Mohammad Hasnain, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Mohammad Wasim, Naseem Shah, Shadab Khan, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Shan Masood, Usman Qadir. Reserves: Shahnawaz Dahani, Usman Qadir.

The New Zealand bowling attack have gone hard at Rizwan verbally on a few occasions so I wonder if that will be used as a tactic tonight. Although a bit harder to do in T20 cricket and the way Rizwan has been batting they might not need to.

Pakistan have some of the best death bowlers : Afridi, Rauf and Shadab on a traditional spin friendly wicket, can cause NZ a bit of trouble.

Yep I'm tipping Pakistan purely as it's in Sydney. Going to the game, just hate it being on a weeknight as I can only have 2-3 beers at most

Reckon NZ will win, both bowling attacks pretty even but Pakistan's batting hasn't seemed to fire yet, even though they've been winning without Rizwan and Babar firing, if neither of them fire again, NZ's bowling in the middle will be too good.

Should be a cracking game, hope whoever wins tonight wins the whole thing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping for an NZ win obviously but I'm not confident, Pakistan are a dangerous team that are finding form at the right time while our form has dropped off since our big win over Australia. We lost to England and our wins over Sri Lanka and Ireland weren't all that convincing but we still did enough to win.

The toss will be important, batting first is usually a big advantage at the SCG as the pitch seems to get harder to bat on under lights in the 2nd innings.

New Zealand (Playing XI): Finn Allen, Devon Conway(w), Kane Williamson(c), Glenn Phillips, Daryl Mitchell, James Neesham, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Ish Sodhi, Lockie Ferguson, Trent Boult

Pakistan (Playing XI): Mohammad Rizwan(w), Babar Azam(c), Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Haris, Shan Masood, Iftikhar Ahmed, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Wasim Jr, Naseem Shah, Haris Rauf, Shaheen Afridi

Remove this Banner Ad

T20 World Cup First Semi Final 9/11. New Zealand v Pakistan 1830hrs @ the SCG

Back