TAB thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not on there but I reckon it would be very good for laying any kind of long-term futures bet. E.g. you back Collingwood to win the premiership at the start of the year at $10. Now into $3. Instead of laying them by backing all other sides as you would on the TAB can now just back them not to win the premiership on Betfair. Much easier. I reckon any kind of serious punter would have to be on there.

What is everyone thoughts on exotic markets? Used to be that you could just back for a win, place, trifecta, quaddy. Now there are that many type of bets out there it is ridiculous. When you hear they are taking bets on whether a ball will be a no-ball, seems a little ridiculous to me. Very open to being fixed.

Australia is not as bad as other countries with the exotic options but even some of their markets can be got at as seen by the rugby player who gave away the penalty in the opening minute.

I know some of these markets are good fun but seriously they need to be scaled back a little to protect the integrity of all sports.

Yeah i reckon its a load of crap too, cricket is much worse than AFL because of so many small things in a game that one player can fix. In AFL it would be almost impossible, have to get most of the team on board to fix a first goalkicker or something like that.

Wasn't there a massive plunge on Daniel Merrett one game last year when people got ahold of the fact he was starting up forward.

Think a heap of people got him at $51 when he had something like 3 goals in his career before that.

Few of my mates got the word Gwilt was starting full forward last year when kosi or roo was out, he was paying $51 kicked the first goal and they put 10 on it. Wish the pricks had of told me before the game.

Been backing a few winners lately and had the phone account in a healthy position Friday evening. After studying the form for about 3 hours i decided i really liked Shocking and was all set to have $100 e/w at 19-1 fixed. Ended up only having $50 on it as i decided to take a quaddie and big 6 with the big pools due to the jackpots. Got 5 legs of the big 6 and 3 legs of the quaddie, leaving Soul out of both. Spewin. Super win from Shocking though and looks in pretty good shape for back to back cups.

I want to have Moudre into So You Think/Shoot Out into Shocking for the Caul Cup/Cox Plate/Melb Cup treble for $100. Can you do that with Sportsbet? I could only see doubles on the website.

Backed Maraaseem yesterday at Sandown. Got up paying $6 which was a nice little collect.

$400,000 filly out of Redoute's Choice. I am a massive wrap for her. I've backed her at $26 for the Thousand Guineas.

Just had a couple of first goal bets for tonight.

Sandilands at $26 is good value considering he will likely be playing up forward with his bad knee.

Also got on Chris Mayne ($26) and Little Gaz ($15)

Horrible day on the punt Saturday.

Only thing that even returned any money at all was Drumbeats place in Sydney. Got 3 legs in both quaddies, backed Typhoon Tracey.

Went to the Elsternwick after watching the ammo's though and saved my day by having $15 on a $21.70 chance in the 2nd at Toowoomba. Also some mug left a $50 voucher in the machine. Backed a few more winners there so after being down to a $10 voucher ended up leaving with $400.

I only ended up having a few bets, didn't really like anything on the weekend, other than Veewap which flopped. I did however have a running double in races 1 & 2 after listening to Dan McCaullay on 927 in the morning. Had 1 runner into 2 runners 25 times and it got up paying $15.60 which more than covered my bets for the day. Probably won't have a punt this Saturday with the Goon having 5 sides in.

Horrible day on the punt Saturday.

Only thing that even returned any money at all was Drumbeats place in Sydney. Got 3 legs in both quaddies, backed Typhoon Tracey.

Went to the Elsternwick after watching the ammo's though and saved my day by having $15 on a $21.70 chance in the 2nd at Toowoomba. Also some mug left a $50 voucher in the machine. Backed a few more winners there so after being down to a $10 voucher ended up leaving with $400.

So, in other words, it wasn't a horrible day on the punt?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely horrid day at Caulfield last Saturday and again on Wednesday. Had 5 seconds at Caulfield on Saturday. Chased hard in the last and at Rosehill and made most of it back though.

Looking to turn my form around this Saturday.

I reckon you'll be pushing it up hill tomorrow, given the conditions are likely to change a lot throughout the day, from curddy to pathetic to dismal.

Are there any pub tabs any more that have an open fire? That would be an amazing way to spend my Saturday.

Had a great day at the Guineas on Saturday, didn't have even one collect, but walked out feeling like a winner.

Happy Trails wherever it starts next, monty, weather dependant I guess.

The Pinegrove hotel in Upper Beaconsfield has an open fire that is always roaring on cold wet days. Good feed and never much traffic in the tab to put on a bet. Which is always good when once a year wonders are tring to put $2 each way on evey horse in the big race one minute before they jump only to find out a horse is scatch or they have put it on at dubbo harness.These people should be all put in a room and shot:mad: .

The Pinegrove hotel in Upper Beaconsfield has an open fire that is always roaring on cold wet days. Good feed and never much traffic in the tab to put on a bet. Which is always good when once a year wonders are tring to put $2 each way on evey horse in the big race one minute before they jump only to find out a horse is scatch or they have put it on at dubbo harness.These people should be all put in a room and shot:mad: .
I'm more of a once a monther.

Who do you like in the cup Surkin?I would have jumped on what ever Paul the octopus picked but he has passed away.

Kenny I don't think I am the man to ask. I have hardly picked a winner all spring. Countless 2nds and plenty of 4ths when I have backed them each way. For what it is worth though:

I am going to back Descarado tomorrow. Very good formline. Won the Caulfield Cup running away from them and then was clearly 2nd best in the McKinnon on Saturday behind the freak. Both are usually the best form reference races to the Melbourne Cup. Also likes it wet which will probably come into it looking at the weather report for today/tomorrow. Also out of High Chapparel so the distance shouldn't be a problem.

For my trifecta probably going to box.
(3) So You Think
(11) Descarado
(12) Harris Tweed
(15) Monaco Consul
(22) Linton
(24) Maluckyday

Remove this Banner Ad

TAB thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back