tac cup team of the year

Remove this Banner Ad

popenfresh

Draftee
May 5, 2005
Other Teams
fremantle
what names are in the mix for this year tac cup team of the year and if so what possitions would they be placed in?

Very good question, I think the Morrish Medal/Coaches Award/Team of the Year night is Sunday September 4th.

Sezzac always likes having a go at these questions don't you mate?

Stephen Clifton has been in the Nth Ballarat best 13 times from 16 games, and averages around 30 touches a game. Fair chance?

ill have a crack at a few that i think wouldn't be far off the mark

Caruso- calder- fp
Driscoll- ballarat- fp
Mcguane- geelong- chf
clifton- ballarat- c
curtis- ballarat- bp
drum- murry- hbf-chb
dunne- gippsland- w

you blokes can name some more ive gone blank

Get Marc Murphy in there from oakleigh, onballer probably captain that side, Beau Dowler at CHF
Robbie WArnock from Sandy in the Ruck
Simon Phillips from Sandy probably half foward, foward pocket
Bachor Houli from Jets, inj. for parts of the year though
Joel Selwood from Bendigo has been in the best for basically every game this year, although never seen him play so cant judge, just a name thrown up.
Heath Hocking from Ranges would be a strong candidate Onbller
Brad Kelleher from rangers

Throw up some more names

Ricky Delphine (Gippsland), Ben McKinley (Northern), Nathan Jones (Dandenong), Richard Douglas (Calder).

Just off the top of my head.

Robin Nahas (Oakleigh) who has been good all year and Dean Kelly (Oakleigh) who has been a great bottom age player.

Just wondering if someone could tell me what Geelong players may be in the running to make team of the year? I saw that Mcguane was mentioned but was curious to know whether any others would be a chance?

woody8 said:
bronik davies northern and ryan jackson northern will be up there.
Doubt it...far too many good midfielders in the comp so as to eliminate these guys from the running......may be wrong though...

Well Im Really REALLY bored and came up with my version on the TAC T.O.Y
Name (Team)

B - Gill (DS) Edwards (WJ) Drum(MB)

HB - Eddy (GF) Hansen (GP) Ryan (GP)

C - Jones (DS) Selwood (BP) Ellis (GP)

HF - Adams (ER) Dowler (OC) Sculzo (DS)

F - Kelly (OC) McKinley(NK) Neagle (GP)

R - Warnock (SD) Murphy (OC) Delphine (GP)

Inter From (BIG LIST)
Pendeburry (GP), Magner (DS), Horaczako (DS),Stanley (DS), Bentley (DS), Kennedy (SD), Thomas (SD), Lockwood (WJ), Carnino (WJ), Bowe (BP), Hocking (ER), Gazzo (CC), Curtis (NBR), Clifton (NBR), Gordon (CC), McGuane (GF), Nicholls (DS), Nahas (SD)

i cant see the likes of ellis, jones, murphy getting in after only playing less then half the season.
they might be the better players running round but dont think they will earn team of the year honours

(Log in to remove this ad.)

prynny_22 said:
Well Im Really REALLY bored and came up with my version on the TAC T.O.Y
Name (Team)

B - Gill (DS) Edwards (WJ) Drum(MB)

HB - Eddy (GF) Hansen (GP) Ryan (GP)

C - Jones (DS) Selwood (BP) Ellis (GP)

HF - Adams (ER) Dowler (OC) Sculzo (DS)

F - Kelly (OC) McKinley(NK) Neagle (GP)

R - Warnock (SD) Murphy (OC) Delphine (GP)

Inter From (BIG LIST)
Pendeburry (GP), Magner (DS), Horaczako (DS),Stanley (DS), Bentley (DS), Kennedy (SD), Thomas (SD), Lockwood (WJ), Carnino (WJ), Bowe (BP), Hocking (ER), Gazzo (CC), Curtis (NBR), Clifton (NBR), Gordon (CC), McGuane (GF), Nicholls (DS), Nahas (SD)

What about Driscoll from the Rebels??
And clifton has to start, he's either 1 or 2 for league disposals.

b: looby johnson eddy

hb: kelleher drum selwood

c: douglas clifton crook

hf: thomas dowler simpkin

f: philips mckinley driscoll

r: warnock murphy delfine

i: ellis jones jackson McGuane

emer: higgins prior bowe

sorry if we have missed someone

ricky delphine from Power is finishing the seaosn off great guns....only bottom age and stiff to get the cut from the Vic Country squad at the last cut

Dale Thomas, Ben Fraser, Chris Dunne, Scott Pendelbury, Steve O'Bryan would all be in the mix too from the Power, as well as Neagle, Ellis and Hansen who have been mentioned by daveyboy

footythegame said:
i cant see the likes of ellis, jones, murphy getting in after only playing less then half the season.
they might be the better players running round but dont think they will earn team of the year honours
agree played a lot less then half the year in jones and ellis' case def shouldnt recieve the honours

it is interesting that people have mentioned curtis and clifton (nth ballarat) to be in contention when they were not selected in the championships. with the rebels travelling well, surely they must be considered?

analysis said:
it is interesting that people have mentioned curtis and clifton (nth ballarat) to be in contention when they were not selected in the championships. with the rebels travelling well, surely they must be considered?

Same as ricky delphine mate. He was not in the championships

Mentioning Xavier Ellis is a complete joke. He is no doubt a great player but has only played 4 or 5 games this season. For me Delphine has been super impressive and seems to consistantly find the ball averaging in the mid twenties for posessions each week. He sneaks under the spectators and most likely the umpires guard with many handballs and kicks off the ground from the bottom of packs. He no doubt has put enough strong performances together and it'll be interesting to see whether or not he wins it.

Just a quick team for this years T.A.C Cup. I am mainly focusing on the spine here so this is what the spine would look like

Gleave

Bongetti

Walker

Aldersea

Daego chops (Serge)

Gleave said:
Just a quick team for this years T.A.C Cup. I am mainly focusing on the spine here so this is what the spine would look like

Gleave

Bongetti

Walker

Aldersea

Daego chops (Serge)
The U18 TAC Cup Team of the Year buddy :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

tac cup team of the year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back