TAC final Round 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Sezzac1

Club Legend
Apr 15, 2004
Melb
AFL Club
Carlton
Big weekend with triple headers both days.

Jets were flat against a flat Dragons. Jets lads had a tough week with one of their lads on the list having a heart attack in a local game. Best wishes to the family.

2 of the 3 musketeers struggled with injury this week with Kennedy being mister reliable as he has been all year. Kav got an early corky and H-E had a groin injury that slowed him up. Dragons run and carry was good and their talls very impressive both forward and back. Nice to see the big #6 back for the Dragons.

Stingrays toyed with the Pioneers for the most part.

Calder flexed their muscle and after a stunning 3rd quarter recorded a good win against Gippy even though they slowed to a walk in the last. Will be hard to toss in the finals as per normal.

The Chargers played one of the best team games I have seen for along time to totally dismantle a hapless Falcons. The Falcons demolition has been coming for the last month as they have played a shocking brand of football.

Oakleigh just blew them away with fast play on football and some magic along the way. Even more mindblowing is the fact they had their best player in Dom Tyson missing as well as Orval. They are a very good team.

The other two games were a yawn if I must be honest and you can see why they are all in the bottom half of the ladder.

By my quick reckoning it will be

Calder vs Stingrays
Jets vs Falcons
Chargers vs Rebals
Dragons vs Gippy

All at Visy. See you there. :thumbsu:

The less said about the Falcons "effort" the better. How a team that can have nearly every player attending draft camp or state screening lose by 140 points is beyond me. Oakleigh were good but Bendigo would have beaten Geelong today.

The second game was awful, and the 3rd not much better apart from a tight finish. Considering the conditions the standard was very very poor.

Dandenong and Calder look strong, Gippsland and Sandy a rough chance and Oakleigh could be the dark horse. You would think the Jets will win their first final in donkeys years by putting the Falcons out of their misery.

Fixture up for finals week one. Sezzac has the matchups nailed, qualifying finals are on Saturday, elimination finals on Sunday. Think I might go along Saturday, even though I haven't seen Geelong at all this year. From what everyone's been saying they're not worth watching anyway...

You can blame the Falcons for being no good, but you can only play as well as the other team allows.
You can blame the Falcons for being no good, the other team doesn't stop you from chasing, from putting your head over the footy and from showing some sort of work ethic. They're as soft as butter the Falcons - I reckon most of their talls would sleep with the light on! And I still think their game plan is also a problem - this caring and sharing handball game they have going is just nonsense. Nobody wants to kick it up the line, nobody wants a contest, it's all about uncontested possession and uncontested footy. It's just rubbish.

Dandenong the team to beat for me, very good outfit although have taken a bit longer than expected to really put Eastern and Bendigo away in their games the past two weeks.

Calder are Calder, they'll be around the place. Sandringham have quite a few talls, might test a few sides having to contend with the likes of Coleman, Frost, Paine, Boyd, Roberts, Beech.

Not sure how to assess Gippsland - no Membrey, no Power? Can Deery stand up, will Willcocks find some form again, do they play Marusic forward or back? Staley in the ruck or as a forward? Takes a bit of a reshuffle of their forward line.

Out of the top four is there a contender? Maybe Oakleigh. Will be even better with Tyson and Orval in the team. Geelong should be with the team they have on paper, but if they play like they did today in the game next week their season will be over and done with.

We have a lot of posters on the up coming player crop and still no mention of Jake Hammond, anywhere! Strange, very strange. If he's rated highly by clubs (which he is) then why no mention in any of these mock drafts?

So pump up Hammond and tell us all why he is 'rated highly by clubs'. What are his football attributes?
Either you rate him or you don't and most people on here for some reason don't. We shall see if he gets drafted soon enough, he didn't get a combine invite for no reason.

Either you rate him or you don't and most people on here for some reason don't. We shall see if he gets drafted soon enough, he didn't get a combine invite for no reason.

Obviously you do rate him so tell everyone here why you do. What are his attributes?

I'll start you off...............He takes a good mark.

Your turn......................He..........................

Obviously you do rate him so tell everyone here why you do. What are his attributes?

I'll start you off...............He takes a good mark.

Your turn......................He..........................
He does take a nice mark and probably reads and reacts to the flight of the ball better than most. I'd use a template that measured his

1 Kicking
2 Marking (which is excellent)
3 Handpassing
4 Clean hands
5 Ball winning
6 Pace
7 Endurance
8 Recovery and agility
9 Durability
10 Leadership
11 Aggression
12 Football character
13 Competitiveness
14 Footy smarts

And if he ticks most of those boxes there's an AFL player there. So make your call my condescending friend, will he get drafted or not? If you're a not then one of us is going to be wrong.

A tad touchy aren't you?

You came on pumping up his tyre's then went away without saying why he is allegedly 'rated highly by clubs'. I just asked why he was so good in your opinion.

Many on BF have probably never seen him play so they probably want to hear all about him.

He has some obvious talent and has shown it in several cameo's throughout the year in the TAC when he played.

He's possibly a chance to get drafted or rookied and good luck to him if he does. I'm not sure even the top 5 have all 14 attributes you have listed but if you think he has most of them well that is an opinion about his attributes I was looking for.

Hopefully we will see him perform against some better opposition in the coming games.

And if he ticks most of those boxes there's an AFL player there. So make your call my condescending friend, will he get drafted or not? If you're a not then one of us is going to be wrong.

No need to be snippy. This whole board is basically devoted to a bunch of people talking up various kids, their styles, strengths, weaknesses and so on. Always good to have another contributor - why not join in? you obvously know a bit about the kid.

I've only seen Hammond a couple of times and have to admit I wasn't particularly paying attention to him. From what I saw, he struck me as a quick leading fwd type who was a good kick at goal. Didn't see much of his field play so can't comment on that, and his marks were uncontested so can't judge his aerial work either. Kicked a couple of big bags against weaker opposition - he's the sort of player that would thrive on a strong midfield.

Will stand or fall on his versatility imho. He's a little shorter than most AFL clubs would prefer their kpfs to be so he'll be looking at more a hybrid role - if he's got another string to his bow than lead-mark-kick then that'll be a big plus for him come the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having seen the Chargers for the last 3 weeks with their full strength line-up, they will be no easy beats in the Finals.
They are also coached very well - not sure who the coach is, but he reallly makes sense at the breaks and motivates them exceptionally well.

Chargers beat the Falcons in the ruck, out of the centre, across the back lines and the forwards were too good. The wingers too fast and the Chargers tackled harder. The kicking to position was better and the outmarked th Falcons.
You can blame the Falcons for being no good, but you can only play as well as the other team allows.

After the Chargers great form today - I am going to rename myselF Nostradamus Mercadi.

Chip - appropiate name...

You are most welcome to post your own mock draft and we will all place your selections under the microscope.

We dont get to all games, we dont travel to all states, we make comment on what we know and yes sometimes that is very little.

i read the results and Hammond kicked 4 goals. Tell us about him!

And another four goals to Hammond, you would think a kid with his ability and a combine invite might start appearing in some of these mock drafts.

chip would you rather he get a gig in the mock draft on BF or a gig in the real draft in November. The fact he is going to DC after missing most of the year means he is on the recruiting radar so isn't that the important thing.

He was okay on Sunday and yes I know he had the flu. But in all honesty the ball spent 80% of the game inside the Chargers F50 as they smashed Gippy to bits. 4 goals is about what you would expect with so little defensive pressure being applied.

Gippy were done and dusted a few weeks back and the fact that Smith and Doc didn't play only added to their woes. Tynan was like the boy with his finger in the dam wall trying to hold back the flood.

After the Chargers great form today - I am going to rename myselF Nostradamus Mercadi.

Well, can't complain, you made the call alright! ;)

Have admit I wrote off the Power when they lost Membrey - they haven't really had another consistent avenue to goal all season, just mids like Butcher or Smith popping up with a couple, or maybe Staley with a few every couple of weeks.

Losing Smith, Tipungwuti and Docherty on top of that - it was never going to end well. And they lost against Oakleigh with a full-strength side a few weeks back at Warrawee. I'm actually a bit surprised they got within 10 goals. Didn't get to the game but the stats sheet is gruesome reading. I don't think any Power player got to 20 touches.

All I've done is alert the punters to a potential draft prospect which you for some reason have a problem with. I was a fan before his name was mentioned in the Heraldsun as a draft riser and in the end he'll be drafted or he won't be. Try to absorb the information rather than belittle others opinions by referring to them as 'a mate of the kid', like a said its territorial and condescending.

who rucks for oakliegh, top age and bottom?
Forato - an U19 but very good.
Prowse - the older one - I think he is ok, gets bagged on the APS board a bit but I like the kids Footy Ability.
Prowse - the younger one - will be good with another year in him.

Lin Jong at 188cm ended up spending a lot of time in the ruck. Oakleigh will need to find a solution there, whether it be Elton, Pierce or Calvert the Stingrays will dominate in the ruck if the Chargers dont have a reasonable back up option on Saturday.

Remove this Banner Ad

TAC final Round 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back