TAC final Round 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Was a stunning game. Umpired superbly - until the obvious arm chop was missed with about 2 mintues to go that caused a turnover and a Sandy goal .....
I think Murphy has the talent - but may not be disciplined enough for AFL.
Love Lins athletic ability - a 188cm ruckman !!!!
Sandy have some great talls - the forwards were good - and they matched Oakleigh in the midfield to deserve a great win.

p.s. Viney is just made for AFL.

Watched the replay the other night, Chargers had plenty of chances to get over the line and underestimated the desire of Sandy.

Some of the lesser talked of boys - Seb Purcell had another great game for Chargers with his brother coming away with a premiership for Port. Big Ant Forato did really well in the ruck with 28 hit-outs for the match against fellow De La Boy Beech.

Murphy had his best game for the year but I love the way Greene goes about things. Chargers should be really happy with the boys. Ben Darrou was really good for Sandy and ex-De La boy Roberts managed to use the open spaces well in the last term.

Good luck to all the boys for the draft.

Let me add to the praise for that game...probably the best Under 18 match I have ever watched. Certainly makes a difference watching the kids on a fast, dry track compared to Warawee Park in the middle of July with a gale blowing!

Absolute credit to both teams and coaching staffs - all the players showcased their abilities and both could have won quite easily. Also well done to the umpires - just 24 free kicks for the game and really let it flow, amazing how much better a game is when this happens.

Would be wonderful to see a few more games scheduled at Etihad/MCG next year. Probably not going to happen but it certainly makes for a better spectacle.

Remove this Banner Ad

TAC final Round 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back