TAC final Round 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Lin Jong at 188cm ended up spending a lot of time in the ruck. Oakleigh will need to find a solution there, whether it be Elton, Pierce or Calvert the Stingrays will dominate in the ruck if the Chargers dont have a reasonable back up option on Saturday.

You don't like Forato?

You don't like Forato?
I didn't say I didn't like Forato.

What I said is that Lin Jong did a lot of the ruck work last Saturday, but if Oakleigh expect Forato to be able to ruck an entire game against Elton, Pierce and/or Calvert they are kidding themselves.

Calvert (if he plays) will stick a knee straight into Jong's guts if the Chargers want to try and put a 188cm bloke in there.

Oakleigh need a workable back up ruck option. Orval can't coming off a knee injury. Murphy or Curran?

Forato has had a great season, but he won't be able to shoulder the load on his own. That is what I said.

I didn't say I didn't like Forato.

What I said is that Lin Jong did a lot of the ruck work last Saturday, but if Oakleigh expect Forato to be able to ruck an entire game against Elton, Pierce and/or Calvert they are kidding themselves.

Calvert (if he plays) will stick a knee straight into Jong's guts if the Chargers want to try and put a 188cm bloke in there.

Oakleigh need a workable back up ruck option. Orval can't coming off a knee injury. Murphy or Curran?

Forato has had a great season, but he won't be able to shoulder the load on his own. That is what I said.

You obviously are blind. Calvert couldn't get off the ground on a trampoline. Jong has a huge leap. I'd back their rucks to win. Dandy have lost all year but are very competitive on the ground.

You obviously are blind. Calvert couldn't get off the ground on a trampoline. Jong has a huge leap. I'd back their rucks to win. Dandy have lost all year but are very competitive on the ground.
Oakleigh's midfield is a strength of theirs isn't it? Would have thought Tyson, Greene, Viney, Woofindin among others are better than the blokes the Rays have in the midfield.

Jong won't be rucking against Huts, Deery and Staley this week. He'll jump all over those weak sorts but someone wants to just put some physicality in and he'll be no hope.

Forato will probably win, he's a good ruck, but if he can ruck for 120 minutes against the options the Stingrays have that can go through the ruck I'd be amazed. It's going to be 25 degrees, and they are playing on a big ground.

It's not about who will win the hit outs, it's about who Oakleigh will use to give Forato a chop out. How about you answer that one for me?

Rather than launch into a rant about me being blind, how about you re-read my initial comment and respond to that.

i think Dandy will go with Elton & Calvert combo. i would have thought Elton would have Jong covered at the centre bounces and Calvert would try a be physical against him.

If Dandy can break even in the middle they can win.

I reckon oakleigh will get up and jong will stay in, his got a massive leap for a 188 and his speed and mobility made him a great 4th mid for oakleigh last week.

forato will get over the top of the dandy ruckman, he has hit good form coming into finals

also going on that i was surprised to see him not even get a state screening invite.. his got over alot of the boys on the ruck list.. bit stiff i reckon.. any comments?

It would be my pleasure to answer that one for you Mr Wonder.

I would put the Gippy rucks in the same league as Dandy's long legs.

Calvert a thick part timer more suited to the cage. Todd Elton massively over rated and Lewis Pearce is frightened, I would be to if I was that skinny.

Forato and Jong will do a number on the Stingrays in the air but it will be a s**fight on the ground. When Jong is on it's 4 VS 3 on the ground.

Go tomorrow and let me know how that stacks up you spud.

That last post could've been written by Forato himself!

It would be my pleasure to answer that one for you Mr Wonder.

I would put the Gippy rucks in the same league as Dandy's long legs.

Calvert a thick part timer more suited to the cage. Todd Elton massively over rated and Lewis Pearce is frightened, I would be to if I was that skinny.

Forato and Jong will do a number on the Stingrays in the air but it will be a s**fight on the ground. When Jong is on it's 4 VS 3 on the ground.

Go tomorrow and let me know how that stacks up you spud.

That last post could've been written by Forato himself!

You and chipdouglas should team up. You are like twins. Both of you have a chip on each shoulder. Pull your head in.

Just like to know how DeLa boys are fairing. If I was a foot taller maybe .... just looking forward to some good footy today. What's the take on the other game? Will Sandy hold up or Calder come home strong?

Reckon Calder will just have a bit miuch depth in the midfield for Sandy. Woodward is a gun, but I just reckon that with Uysal, Ellis, Sheridan, O'Rourke, Bugeja etc Calder bat deeper. But now I'm off to pricefixer park to see if I'm completely wrong...

Well Calder choked, 3 late goals by Sandy got them over the line.
Both games very poor standard although close and exciting. Wind made things tough I guess.

The 2nd game was marred by some awful umpiring as well. Didn't impact the result but hey were way too involved in the game.

Oakleigh too goo, they will win next week I reckon.

You and chipdouglas should team up. You are like twins. Both of you have a chip on each shoulder. Pull your head in.
Why can't people post their opinions without you critiquing them? I'm sorry I didn't realise you were THE final word on under 18 football. You should check your narcarssistic God complex at the door and read the message and don't shoot the messager.

But back to my origianal observation, Hammond will go in the first 40 picks but is not rated on Bigfooty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two close games today, always a good thing as a spectator.

Calder v Sandringham a more open, flowing, end-to-end affair (and despite what GH reckoned, I thought it was pretty good quality!). Two sides I haven't seen play for a while, lots of blokes missing who I'm used to seeing. Where's Barnes, Hunter, Williams, Sharp, O'Rourke? An arm-wrestle early, Calder with the run of play but missing a lot of shots, the Dragons finding it hard to get clean ball in the f50 against Talia and the like. They got things sorted a bit more in the 2nd and 3rd qtr, with Hetherington and Saad looking dangerous, but couldn't quite break the game open. Dragons were fluffing shots on goal all over the place at this stage, but nabbed one late to stay in touch by just under 3 goals. Final qtr started as a bit of a slog, but the Dragons made the brave move of putting Boyd, who'd been one of their more dangerous tall forwards, down back and going with a smaller fwd line to try to unbalance the Calder backline. Could have been a disaster, but it worked. Anastasio was in everything and uncatchable when he got the ball, and the dragons kicked 3 late goals to nab the game by 9 points.

Beech was enormous for Sandy in my book, though didn't rate a mention in the bests on the TAC site (unless I'm mentally compressing him and Roberts into one player or something?). Rucked the majority of the day, got a lot of the ball around the ground (loose ball and linkups as well as just being the typical kick-behind-play or sneak-forward-for-the-mark ruckman) - very competent by hand as a rule, no utter disasters by foot that I noticed. Had trouble with the sheer size of Jordan Angus in the middle of the game, but in general probably drew even with McBean and Angus over the course of the game in the ruck contests. Pulled out an enormous final qtr to be instrumental in the win. Very interested to see his stats once they go up on Monday. A genuine 200cm, but skinny at 82kg, pretty ok pace for a tall kid. Haven't seen much of him this season, but imho very draftable on today's performance.

Anastasio the Dragons most dangerous fwd, and probably won it for them in the end. Undraftably tiny in both height and weight, but he's lightning fast and can bolt around opponents like they're standing still. Finished pretty well too, ended with 3. Really gave the Calder defence fits, they had nobody who could go with him.

Darrou very good playing kpp down back - really a rock down there. Strong body, rarely beaten in the contest, closing speed decent, attacks the incoming ball and keeps it in front of him really well. Might have found his niche - I had him pigeonholed as a slowish big hbf with pretty good foot skills, but he looked nearly as big as Paine in the huddle today, and that's kpp size. (Admittedly the likes of Sheahan, Solomon and Markworth aren't the tallest kpf going around) Don't think all of it was his hair, though some of it might be.

Kenny Ong a nice prospect for next year. Quick and aggressive tackler, good with hands in close. I questioned his work rate earlier in the year but he was good today. A bit fumbly below his knees at times though, could have been cleaner. Needs to put on some bulk for AFL, but as an underager, he has time.

Frost was in and out of the game, had problems with a hip. Inconsistent and made a few dumb decisions at times, but when he was good, jeez he was spectacular. Extraordinarily quick and athletic for a bloke his size. Played CHB most of the time, with a very short stint in the ruck.

Paine was a bit of a fish out of water since he spent most of the game playing as a midfielder. Worked his butt off, and did a few really good things, but in general he looked, well, like a kpp playing midfield. Lacked that little bit of agility, pace, and knowledge of where as a linking runner he needed to be, even though his vision and handball was pretty good. Took some strong marks, imposed a bit of physical presence, kicked the sealer late with a nice snap around the body.

Woodward was ok, spent a lot of time in and under, still very good at winning a clearance. Was used a bit as the designated kicker going inside 50, and did it well even though the dominant Calder backline generally forced the Dragons talls wide. Faded a little later, not the first time I've seen that happen, I wonder if his engine is a problem. Would like to see him get more uncontested ball too, and link up more through the middle. But he's a very good player and I'm nitpicking.

Seccull did a lot of hard physical work in the middle and out on the wing, bulldozed his way through the day.

For Calder, Ellis is one I've probably been guilty of underrating in the past, but he was bloody good today. His kicking was a real weapon - he hit the centre circle from one kickout after a Dragons behind. Spent a bit of time locking down on Woodward early and kept him pretty quiet, later went and did his own thing a bit more. You've got to love how he attacks every ball at full pace and 100% intensity - he might not have the sheer legspeed of some, but he makes up for it. Solid body, shrugged off tackles a bit too easily, looked likely to tip it the Cannon's way right up to the final siren.

Talia was really excellent down back, he and Grenfell stopped the Dragons tall fwds having much impact at all, though Boyd did a bit at times when they were otherwise occupied. Disciplined, strong, solid defender. Not the most dynamic in the rebound department, and footskills can be shaky at times, but did well today in both of those areas. Really shaped the game, froze the dragons out until the went with the small fwd line late to get something happening.

Tom Sheridan played a good game. Cannons midfield is very even, if Ellis don't get ya, then Uysal or Sheridan or Bugeja will - a well-drilled machine, result notwithstanding - right up until the final few minutes they always seemed to have the numbers around the ball. Sheridan just provided that extra run and carry through the middle that some of the others may have lacked. Went damn near the length of the ground a couple of times. Maybe a bit more outside than inside, and while he's got some toe he's not going to be winning any GF sprints any time soon, but is a quality player.

Uysal got a lot of the ball, and cut off a lot of Dragons fwd thrusts by being in the right place at the right time. Reckon he's done enough as a 19yo to put his name fwd as a drafting chance. He's a little small, but well built. Got his hands on it a lot at stoppages, though I'd like to see him use it better from those situations - has a tendency to just bomb around the corner when under pressure.

McBean looked awesome until he kicked the ball. Underager, very tall, mobile and a smart player. Early on in the game it looked like he was going to rip the match apart, but his radar was so far off that it was probably picking up Zorgons from planet X. Sprayed a bunch of shots on goal all over the place. Disappointing end to the year for him, he'd really come into his own in the second half of the season. Stil, there's always next year...

Oakleigh vs Dandenong I have to admit I didn't watch as closely. This was for several reasons: a) my contact lenses decided to rise up in armed revolt, Les Miserables-style, b) I managed to get stuck on the scoreboard wing for the first half when 90% of the play was on the oxymoronically-named 'Carlton Heroes' stand side, and c) the wind really picked up strongly for this game, and for the most part it was an ugly low-skilled bombing contest between the two half-back lines. Hard to stay interested. Low-scoring game, Dandenong had the ascendency early with Whitfield looking ominous, but Oakleigh's midfield evenness told in the long run once they found a productive fwd option in, just like the previous game, the smallest man on the ground.

Dom Tyson BoG by a fair way. Just did everything well. Got a lot of the ball, got it inside and outside, won clearances, linked up, used the ball accurately for the most part, laid tackles. As complete a midfield game as you'd ever hope to see. Perhaps lacking the moments of sparkling brilliance that someone like Heppell displayed in the corresponding game last year, but for sheer relentless quality his game was hard to beat.

Curran dominated the air down back. Just too big and strong and read the ball too well. Beat Elton (when Elton was playing fwd) pretty comfortably imho. Not sure there'd be many blokes in the comp who take more marks off opposition kicks than he does. Uses it well by foot on the whole. Hawks have a good one here.

Tomlinson spent a bit of time down back, but more of a midfield role. Did it well, was very mobile and disposal good (given the conditions). Good niche for him - a little on the short side when opposed to genuine kpp, but he's too strong overhead for midfield opponents, and he can keep up with the run & spread pretty well (better than Paine managed in the previous game). Not a kpp game, but a good one nonetheless.

Gotch the gamebreaker in the 4th. Played deep fwd, just too quick and agile, and his set shots in really tough conditions were a thing of beauty. Very small though.

Lin Jong was really good too, has come into his own in recent weeks. Pinch-hit in the ruck, which worked better than you'd expect for a 188cm guy since at the centre bounces he could use his huge leap and at boundary throwins the wind tossed the ball all over the place anyway so even for the rucks reaction time and footspeed were more important than height, strength and tap technique. Played a quality midfield role round the ground too - worked very hard, nice bit of pace, anticipated the ball well through the air, very athletic in general in fact. Footskills could maybe do with some improvement, but probably draftable on what I saw today.

Wooffindin unobtrusive but good, nice 'cog-in-the-machine' game from him. Not sure where he fits in at the next level though, perhaps lacking a single outstanding quality.

Hammond, for those keeping count, didn't do much. And I especially tried to keep an eye out for him too.

Harder to pick the bests for Dandy, they were a bit out of sorts all day. Benbow probably up there. Does everything well, but lacking the huge boot or lighting pace that'd boost a 174cm guy into serious draft contention. Late pick or rookie maybe. Pity, he can really play. Good, well-rounded captains game today.

Whitfield looked like he was going to win it off his own boot early, was instrumental in the Rays first two goals and looked like he was going to have a party. Was tagged after that, still got a fair amount of the ball, but not often in as much space as he'd have liked. When he did get it in the open (or when he was good enough to make a contested possession into one in open space, which happened quite a bit actually) he a couple of times tried to do just the tiniest bit too much, particularly in the f50. Probably should have had three goals rather than one. Extraordinary talent - don't let my criticisms sell him short though.

I liked O'Hanlon's game as a medium forward. Nice build, kicked a couple, read the ball in the wind better than pretty much anyone else on the ground. Handy skill set for a utility fwd - sure hands, bit of pace, good instinct for goal.

But back to my origianal observation, Hammond will go in the first 40 picks but is not rated on Bigfooty.

And if he doesn't who does that make smarter? Recruiters or Bigfooty experts? ;)

And if he does I guess you can run next door and tell him how proud your are of him and how you stuck it up everyone on Bigfooty particularly me. :thumbsu:

Two close games today, always a good thing as a spectator.

Calder v Sandringham a more open, flowing, end-to-end affair (and despite what GH reckoned, I thought it was pretty good quality!). Two sides I haven't seen play for a while, lots of blokes missing who I'm used to seeing. Where's Barnes, Hunter, Williams, Sharp, O'Rourke? An arm-wrestle early, Calder with the run of play but missing a lot of shots, the Dragons finding it hard to get clean ball in the f50 against Talia and the like. They got things sorted a bit more in the 2nd and 3rd qtr, with Hetherington and Saad looking dangerous, but couldn't quite break the game open. Dragons were fluffing shots on goal all over the place at this stage, but nabbed one late to stay in touch by just under 3 goals. Final qtr started as a bit of a slog, but the Dragons made the brave move of putting Boyd, who'd been one of their more dangerous tall forwards, down back and going with a smaller fwd line to try to unbalance the Calder backline. Could have been a disaster, but it worked. Anastasio was in everything and uncatchable when he got the ball, and the dragons kicked 3 late goals to nab the game by 9 points.

Beech was enormous for Sandy in my book, though didn't rate a mention in the bests on the TAC site (unless I'm mentally compressing him and Roberts into one player or something?). Rucked the majority of the day, got a lot of the ball around the ground (loose ball and linkups as well as just being the typical kick-behind-play or sneak-forward-for-the-mark ruckman) - very competent by hand as a rule, no utter disasters by foot that I noticed. Had trouble with the sheer size of Jordan Angus in the middle of the game, but in general probably drew even with McBean and Angus over the course of the game in the ruck contests. Pulled out an enormous final qtr to be instrumental in the win. Very interested to see his stats once they go up on Monday. A genuine 200cm, but skinny at 82kg, pretty ok pace for a tall kid. Haven't seen much of him this season, but imho very draftable on today's performance.

Anastasio the Dragons most dangerous fwd, and probably won it for them in the end. Undraftably tiny in both height and weight, but he's lightning fast and can bolt around opponents like they're standing still. Finished pretty well too, ended with 3. Really gave the Calder defence fits, they had nobody who could go with him.

Darrou very good playing kpp down back - really a rock down there. Strong body, rarely beaten in the contest, closing speed decent, attacks the incoming ball and keeps it in front of him really well. Might have found his niche - I had him pigeonholed as a slowish big hbf with pretty good foot skills, but he looked nearly as big as Paine in the huddle today, and that's kpp size. (Admittedly the likes of Sheahan, Solomon and Markworth aren't the tallest kpf going around) Don't think all of it was his hair, though some of it might be.

Kenny Ong a nice prospect for next year. Quick and aggressive tackler, good with hands in close. I questioned his work rate earlier in the year but he was good today. A bit fumbly below his knees at times though, could have been cleaner. Needs to put on some bulk for AFL, but as an underager, he has time.

Frost was in and out of the game, had problems with a hip. Inconsistent and made a few dumb decisions at times, but when he was good, jeez he was spectacular. Extraordinarily quick and athletic for a bloke his size. Played CHB most of the time, with a very short stint in the ruck.

Paine was a bit of a fish out of water since he spent most of the game playing as a midfielder. Worked his butt off, and did a few really good things, but in general he looked, well, like a kpp playing midfield. Lacked that little bit of agility, pace, and knowledge of where as a linking runner he needed to be, even though his vision and handball was pretty good. Took some strong marks, imposed a bit of physical presence, kicked the sealer late with a nice snap around the body.

Woodward was ok, spent a lot of time in and under, still very good at winning a clearance. Was used a bit as the designated kicker going inside 50, and did it well even though the dominant Calder backline generally forced the Dragons talls wide. Faded a little later, not the first time I've seen that happen, I wonder if his engine is a problem. Would like to see him get more uncontested ball too, and link up more through the middle. But he's a very good player and I'm nitpicking.

Seccull did a lot of hard physical work in the middle and out on the wing, bulldozed his way through the day.

For Calder, Ellis is one I've probably been guilty of underrating in the past, but he was bloody good today. His kicking was a real weapon - he hit the centre circle from one kickout after a Dragons behind. Spent a bit of time locking down on Woodward early and kept him pretty quiet, later went and did his own thing a bit more. You've got to love how he attacks every ball at full pace and 100% intensity - he might not have the sheer legspeed of some, but he makes up for it. Solid body, shrugged off tackles a bit too easily, looked likely to tip it the Cannon's way right up to the final siren.

Talia was really excellent down back, he and Grenfell stopped the Dragons tall fwds having much impact at all, though Boyd did a bit at times when they were otherwise occupied. Disciplined, strong, solid defender. Not the most dynamic in the rebound department, and footskills can be shaky at times, but did well today in both of those areas. Really shaped the game, froze the dragons out until the went with the small fwd line late to get something happening.

Tom Sheridan played a good game. Cannons midfield is very even, if Ellis don't get ya, then Uysal or Sheridan or Bugeja will - a well-drilled machine, result notwithstanding - right up until the final few minutes they always seemed to have the numbers around the ball. Sheridan just provided that extra run and carry through the middle that some of the others may have lacked. Went damn near the length of the ground a couple of times. Maybe a bit more outside than inside, and while he's got some toe he's not going to be winning any GF sprints any time soon, but is a quality player.

Uysal got a lot of the ball, and cut off a lot of Dragons fwd thrusts by being in the right place at the right time. Reckon he's done enough as a 19yo to put his name fwd as a drafting chance. He's a little small, but well built. Got his hands on it a lot at stoppages, though I'd like to see him use it better from those situations - has a tendency to just bomb around the corner when under pressure.

McBean looked awesome until he kicked the ball. Underager, very tall, mobile and a smart player. Early on in the game it looked like he was going to rip the match apart, but his radar was so far off that it was probably picking up Zorgons from planet X. Sprayed a bunch of shots on goal all over the place. Disappointing end to the year for him, he'd really come into his own in the second half of the season. Stil, there's always next year...

Oakleigh vs Dandenong I have to admit I didn't watch as closely. This was for several reasons: a) my contact lenses decided to rise up in armed revolt, Les Miserables-style, b) I managed to get stuck on the scoreboard wing for the first half when 90% of the play was on the oxymoronically-named 'Carlton Heroes' stand side, and c) the wind really picked up strongly for this game, and for the most part it was an ugly low-skilled bombing contest between the two half-back lines. Hard to stay interested. Low-scoring game, Dandenong had the ascendency early with Whitfield looking ominous, but Oakleigh's midfield evenness told in the long run once they found a productive fwd option in, just like the previous game, the smallest man on the ground.

Dom Tyson BoG by a fair way. Just did everything well. Got a lot of the ball, got it inside and outside, won clearances, linked up, used the ball accurately for the most part, laid tackles. As complete a midfield game as you'd ever hope to see. Perhaps lacking the moments of sparkling brilliance that someone like Heppell displayed in the corresponding game last year, but for sheer relentless quality his game was hard to beat.

Curran dominated the air down back. Just too big and strong and read the ball too well. Beat Elton (when Elton was playing fwd) pretty comfortably imho. Not sure there'd be many blokes in the comp who take more marks off opposition kicks than he does. Uses it well by foot on the whole. Hawks have a good one here.

Tomlinson spent a bit of time down back, but more of a midfield role. Did it well, was very mobile and disposal good (given the conditions). Good niche for him - a little on the short side when opposed to genuine kpp, but he's too strong overhead for midfield opponents, and he can keep up with the run & spread pretty well (better than Paine managed in the previous game). Not a kpp game, but a good one nonetheless.

Gotch the gamebreaker in the 4th. Played deep fwd, just too quick and agile, and his set shots in really tough conditions were a thing of beauty. Very small though.

Lin Jong was really good too, has come into his own in recent weeks. Pinch-hit in the ruck, which worked better than you'd expect for a 188cm guy since at the centre bounces he could use his huge leap and at boundary throwins the wind tossed the ball all over the place anyway so even for the rucks reaction time and footspeed were more important than height, strength and tap technique. Played a quality midfield role round the ground too - worked very hard, nice bit of pace, anticipated the ball well through the air, very athletic in general in fact. Footskills could maybe do with some improvement, but probably draftable on what I saw today.

Wooffindin unobtrusive but good, nice 'cog-in-the-machine' game from him. Not sure where he fits in at the next level though, perhaps lacking a single outstanding quality.

Hammond, for those keeping count, didn't do much. And I especially tried to keep an eye out for him too.

Harder to pick the bests for Dandy, they were a bit out of sorts all day. Benbow probably up there. Does everything well, but lacking the huge boot or lighting pace that'd boost a 174cm guy into serious draft contention. Late pick or rookie maybe. Pity, he can really play. Good, well-rounded captains game today.

Whitfield looked like he was going to win it off his own boot early, was instrumental in the Rays first two goals and looked like he was going to have a party. Was tagged after that, still got a fair amount of the ball, but not often in as much space as he'd have liked. When he did get it in the open (or when he was good enough to make a contested possession into one in open space, which happened quite a bit actually) he a couple of times tried to do just the tiniest bit too much, particularly in the f50. Probably should have had three goals rather than one. Extraordinary talent - don't let my criticisms sell him short though.

I liked O'Hanlon's game as a medium forward. Nice build, kicked a couple, read the ball in the wind better than pretty much anyone else on the ground. Handy skill set for a utility fwd - sure hands, bit of pace, good instinct for goal.

Brilliant review once again mate.
I would like to subscribe to your newsletter:thumbsu:

GF should be a ripper. Should be some pure footy without the elements getting in the way.

No wind!!! Yay!!!!!:thumbsu:

The teams are very solid across the entire 22 with some terrific bottom 6er's on both teams.

In the conditions I'm backing the Dragon tall defenders to be to strong and athletic for the Charger KP forwards.

I think the onball shootout will be where the winner sets it up. If the Dragons can break even with Tyson, Greene , Viney and Wolfy it might be enough to tip the scales. If those 4 get control it will be game over for the Dragons.

They look evenly matched all over the ground so good luck to the victors.

Cracking game. Well done to the Dragons. In the end a 197cm lad was to good for the Chargers onballers who had given it everything.

Kudos to all 44 who put in a great effort. Many were out on their feet by 3/4 time but kept pushing. Game was played in excellent spirit and the Umps let them get on with it without to much involvement.

Now on to Draft Camp :thumbsu:

Cracking game. Well done to the Dragons. In the end a 197cm lad was to good for the Chargers onballers who had given it everything.

Kudos to all 44 who put in a great effort. Many were out on their feet by 3/4 time but kept pushing. Game was played in excellent spirit and the Umps let them get on with it without to much involvement.

Now on to Draft Camp :thumbsu:
Gee I loved that game, it had everything. Best TAC Cup Grand Final in 10 years.

Sandy fast out of the blocks, massive shift in momentum towards Oakleigh, and then Sandy dug deep in the last quarter. Great intensity in the game, the good players really shone.

Agree on the umpiring too, they certainly didnt impact on the game.

Can't wait to see a replay!!

Fantastic game. All the elements of skill, flair and intensity - and well umpired. The tall Sandy forwards were really clunking their marks to set up a decent lead but the Chargers started to run off, show some dash and courage and rained leather down. They were pressing very high in the last and the Sandy defence didn't panic, was able to corral and rebound - courageous acts all over the place. That steal by Ong for a goal was a game breaker - very bold.

A couple of players - Lin Jong really stood out with second/third efforts to create momentum and a handful one-out up forward. Ben Darrou has great defensive / leadership qualities, Nick Murphy has ALF written all over him and Jackson Coleman likewise.

Next year's draft will be special IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

TAC final Round 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back