Take it to the courts

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed, no jury would take 5 minutes to think through this. Load of shit, from the start they wouldn't let this fly.

Mr. Kennett, you MUST say something.

You could argue that the Hawks have given the AFL every chance to overturn the original sentence and avoid court action.

I'd like to see it go to court and Demetriou and his sniveling little band of fart-catchers get royally embrassed.

What drugs are these officials on.everybody IS sAYING ITS NOT WORTH suspending somebody for this yet they aren't listening!!!

time for heads to roll in the AFL:thumbsdown:

NOTE: The following is my opinion, based purely upon the reporting of events happening via twitter, and radio reports. My belief is not that the fault lays purely at the feet of Denton, but of the associated Hawthorn officials (and the club itself) for what appears to be gross mis-management of a relatively simple tribunal/appeal process.

We have got justice. Franklin hasn't, but Hawthorn has.

From the start, our defence has been shambolic at best, if not totally incompetent.

There's been at least a dozen posts on here that provide thorough, logical explanations of how Franklin could NOT be found guilty according to the laws as they stand.

Instead we fumble around, slip on our lines, admit he CHOSE to bump, and change our mind on what happened multiple times.

Then on appeal - we forget we are challenging the rules, get desperate and bring in some of the issues which were relevant at tribunal - but not to the appeals board.

Of the 3 hours in the appeal, over half was dedicated to areas seperate to the actual appeal reason.

MRP got it right - where they went wrong is dismissing the other 25 incidents this year.
Tribunal got it wrong - Hawthorn did Franklin a great disservice with their unprofessional challenge.
Appeals board got it right. Hawthorn did Franklin, and the AFL a great disservice in their attempts at getting Franklin off on a technicality.

I feel sorry for Franklin, but I'm more furious at Hawthorn's legal team than I am with the AFL atm.

It's time to let it go.

We gave it our best shot, and we failed.

Let's look forward to Saturday.

Yes move on - as Matthews said years ago - you can't beat city hall.

There is a game to win starting at 2.10pm on Saturday - so lets focus on this:thumbsu:

Bringing the courts into it is stooping to the Vlad level. You should be lobbying every other club about getting the rule changed back - thats the only hope.

Going to the courts is the worst thing any club could do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have got justice. Franklin hasn't, but Hawthorn has.

From the start, our defence has been shambolic at best, if not totally incompetent.

I sincerely hope I never have anything to do with Denton after his performance over the last few days.

There's been at least a dozen posts on here that provide thorough, logical explanations of how Franklin could NOT be found guilty according to the laws as they stand.

Instead we fumble around, slip on our lines, admit he CHOSE to bump, and change our mind on what happened multiple times.

Then on appeal - we forget we are challenging the rules, get desperate and bring in some of the issues which were relevant at tribunal - but not to the appeals board.

Of the 3 hours in the appeal, over half was dedicated to areas seperate to the actual appeal reason.

MRP got it right - where they went wrong is dismissing the other 25 incidents this year.
Tribunal got it wrong - Hawthorn did Franklin a great disservice with their unprofessional challenge.
Appeals board got it right. Hawthorn did Franklin, and the AFL a great disservice in their attempts at getting Franklin off on a technicality.

I feel sorry for Franklin, but I'm more furious at Hawthorn's legal team than I am with the AFL atm.

Hey, Simon, lay off the defamation of David Denton.

He is one of the best Lawyers in Melbourne.

Can I ask would you be so furious if it where Ryan Shoenmakers??

The AFL didn't do this because of Buddy, it's in the rules. DOn't get me wrong if it was a key Bomber I'd be furious to but taking it to the courts?? I think that's getting a bit carried away isn't it?

Time to move on.

We can win without Buddy - it will allow our guys to look at all the options and we do have multiple goal kickers.

The good news is we only have short crumbing forwards left so every decision should go our way because HEAD HIGH CONTACT will be unavoidable.

The AFL didn't do this because of Buddy, it's in the rules. DOn't get me wrong if it was a key Bomber I'd be furious to but taking it to the courts?? I think that's getting a bit carried away isn't it?

Read the other large thread mate before you set yourself up to be abused.

Of course we don't care which player it was, the decision is wrong and has been proven multiple times except where it counts, AFL didn't want Buddy to get off or else they'd look foolish.

you could argue that the hawks have given the afl every chance to overturn the original sentence and avoid court action.

I'd like to see it go to court and demetriou and his sniveling little band of fart-catchers get royally embrassed.
well said! Take it all the way!!!!!

Personally I believe the club might as well make their stand about the whole general treatment of Lance Franklin - from his treatment by the umpires to this disgraceful decision.

There is enough precedent by the actions of umpires and officials to seriously ask the question of these people as to what is true motive. Put them on the stand and ask them under oath - what were you thinking?

From the AFL Grand Final. Scarlett clearly trips over his own feet yet the umpire awards him (Scarlett) a free kick against Buddy! This from a person who is supposed to be the best umpire that year. It seems ingrained, player falls down..lets not judge each incident, lets just blame Buddy immediately. Get that umpire before the courts under oath and defend the indefensible.

Get the umpire from last weekends game to explain how 4 players can be on top of Franklin. One player clearly punching Buddy in the mouth with enough force to draw blood yet still gets a free given against him when he tries to get one of the four off him! Get this umpire into the courts and explain.

Of course there are many many more instances to chose from.

If the AFL want war, I say give'em War.

In Victoria there is the RACIAL & RELIGIOUS TOLERANCE ACT 2001. I say test the AFL and their officials in this court. Not the AFL's own court type tribunals and appeals hearings but in a setting the AFL cannot control.

I say enough is enough. The most exciting player in a decade is being umpired out of game. This showdown needs to happen. Appeals have fallen on deaf ears to date. Time to shake them up good a proper.

It's not the person, its the bump. No one, and i mean no one should go for a fair bump like that. It doesn't help that it happened before such a crucial game but its still proof that the AFL is becoming soft.

its not about who it is, and its not about buddy playing, its about where the afl is heading with it, bumping is gonna b wiped out and the afl will lose plenty of supportes and money.
we as supporters needa move on and just watch the match on saturday, the legal team at hawthorn needa take it further and fight for the afl. keep ur eyes glued on cyril

Mods do the right thing and red card this sod.

If this were your precious Princess Ablett you'd have all of Geelong protesting up the highway. Get ****ed kid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Take it to the courts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back