Talking Footy returns

Remove this Banner Ad

So happy this is returning, sick of the suck up the AFL that has become On the Couch.

what makes you (or anyone else reading this post) think that ch 7 (official broadcaster of the game) wont be suck ups too?

It is on at 11:30pm on 7mate in the ACT. Awesome........... why would you not show it at a normal hour?!

9:40pm here in Adelaide. Footy Classified has moved to 9:30pm.
I hope it's as good as it used to be. Not a fan of Footy Classified and there is no decent footy show if you dont have Foxtel.

Thank God, finally a decent footy show on free to air television. No Vlad in the end because the commission meeting didn't finish tonight, but how refreshing to have good footy discussion without the histrionics or gutter journalists pushing their agendas. I even didn't mind Darcy, which surprised me as he usually annoys the crap out of me on Saturday night footy.

I normally struggle to watch more than half of Footy Classifieds, but this show was much better quality so not only did I watch the whole show, but I enjoyed it.

Who on earth at ch 7 decided to employ Darcy! I can even put up with Bruce and his annoying mannerisms but Darcy is unwatchable. Re Hird he has never seen anyone so brave with all that he has had to suffer this season. Suffer? Self inflicted by an arrogant fool who thinks he can do no wrong. I had to switch to Footy Classified which actually was not too bad. Buckley impresses me more and more each time I hear him. Apart from Woosha (obviously) he would be my favourite amongst the coaches. I feel I may have to follow the Pies in this finals series!

So happy this is returning, sick of the suck up the AFL that has become On the Couch.

Best footy show ever Talking Footy was and hopefully it continues as it was with the same theme song.

LOL this is 10 x worse than that. Biggest load of "boys club" bullshit I've ever seen. How the **** Tim Watson can be on the panel is beyond me.

Oh and Carey is a bigger ****ing idiot than I thought. Saying that Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli should stand-down "for James" oh cry me a ****ing river.

I got the opinion Bruce was a little uncomfortable with all the Essendon sympathy. He looked as though there were things he wanted to say but thought better of it.

I think he had a different program planned thinking Demetriou was going to be on board.

As for Darcy and Carey being idiots, was there ever any question?

I think he had a different program planned thinking Demetriou was going to be on board.
Yesterdays AFL meeting was announced 2 weeks ago,so why is it ch7 thought Vlad would be on the show last night ?
It was obvious he was always going to miss it

Smashed in the ratings
“@MediaweekAUS: Mon footy TV war: @FootyClassified 356k (Mel 239k) v #TalkingFooty 241k (Mel 136k)” long way to go, 930 great 4 everyone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL this is 10 x worse than that. Biggest load of "boys club" bullshit I've ever seen. How the **** Tim Watson can be on the panel is beyond me.
I had reasonable expectations but it's turned into another Channel 7 fail.

Why Luke Darcy is on there is beyond me and to have Tim Watson on the panel while Essendon remains the leading football story isn't right, he's too close and conflicted at the moment. I like Tim Watson but he's not right at this time.

Channel 7 would be far better off with Matthews and Ling replacing Watson and Darcy and to utilise Mark Stevens who is a decent football journalist.

Last night was more Talking Bullshit than Talking Footy.

I got the opinion Bruce was a little uncomfortable with all the Essendon sympathy. He looked as though there were things he wanted to say but thought better of it.

As for Darcy and Carey being idiots, was there ever any question?

I thought this as well. Darcy was horrible, continually talking up how much Hird has been through is just sad. Watson was a bad choice to replace AD.

They should have named it the Essendon apologist show, or maybe the anti-AFL show. Tim Watson has his head up James Hirds ass. Darcy is a complete hack and thinks he's way smarter than he actually is. Carey provided nothing really and couldn't even work out which camera to look in. Bruce should dye his hair. The whole "oh poor Essendon" and "the AFL engineered this all" crap was really grating. Overall compared to Footy Classified and On The Couch, not very good at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Talking Footy returns

Remove this Banner Ad

Back