Talking Footy returns

Remove this Banner Ad

Darcy is easily the most overly-intense person in the football media. Seriously mate, just take a deep breath & calm the **** down, stop acting all Today Tonight.

You ever notice how Darcy, when he's trying to emphasise the importance of what he's about to say, leans forward... squints his eyes a bit and furrows his brow?

He'll then probably proceed to give his game-changing statement in the form of a question.

He's a muppet.

Capture_zps4837a46f.jpg

Who on earth at ch 7 decided to employ Darcy! I can even put up with Bruce and his annoying mannerisms but Darcy is unwatchable. Re Hird he has never seen anyone so brave with all that he has had to suffer this season. Suffer? Self inflicted by an arrogant fool who thinks he can do no wrong. I had to switch to Footy Classified which actually was not too bad. Buckley impresses me more and more each time I hear him. Apart from Woosha (obviously) he would be my favourite amongst the coaches. I feel I may have to follow the Pies in this finals series!
Since the end of his playing career people have actually heard him talk candidly and found that he is actually a pretty decent bloke. I'll admit that even as a pies supporter, I like him a lot more now than as a player.

So it got shunted to 10 30

Yeah, Footy Classified's ratings last week shunted them hard. Real hard, like they were in jail.

Classified, or as I (jokingly?) like to call it, Assified - is (almost) all about the papers, the news, the politics. Did they have two extra shows over the business end of the Bombers fiascorama?

Talking Footy is meant to be (usually) (almost) all about the footy.*

Last week was the biggest news week in footy history.

Did Seven shunt too soon? Can Assified retain it's audience when the talk is (mostly) onfield?

* I, like almost everyone else, missed last week's edition. Demetridoh is (mostly) talking footy tonight.

Yeah, Footy Classified's ratings last week shunted them hard. Real hard, like they were in jail.

Classified, or as I (jokingly?) like to call it, Assified - is (almost) all about the papers, the news, the politics. Did they have two extra shows over the business end of the Bombers fiascorama?

Talking Footy is meant to be (usually) (almost) all about the footy.*

Last week was the biggest news week in footy history.

Did Seven shunt too soon? Can Assified retain it's audience when the talk is (mostly) onfield?

* I, like almost everyone else, missed last week's edition. Demetridoh is (mostly) talking footy tonight.

Problem is with the fixturing issues, stadium issues, fallout from the essendon thing and what not, there was always going to be a lot asked of Demetriou. Malthouse was pretty good i thought. And it beats the hell out of the ranting out of each other that was classified tonight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One hour after caro took a principled stance on th dwarf incident, AD was speechless pissed himself laughing

Did they really spring it on him ? Cant really believe that

Yeah, the way they handled it was odd, and uncool if they did spring in on The Boss.
They seem to take a comical angle on it from the start, even when Bruce teased the story before the ad with a silly smirk on his face.

carey and hird go back - pig, jimmy and rooboy for starters - carey isn't really capable of having a sensible position on anything and his assocations are far worse than hird's.

Channel 7 = Channel Essendon

Is this a serious post or are you joking ?

I hope its the latter !

Lets see, you have the following

- Tim Watson - no explanation needed
- Andrew Welsh - as above
- Mark McVeigh - as above
- Luke Darcy - "James Hird is under more pressure than anyone.. EVER!!"
- Leigh Matthews - "What did they do wrong??"

Darcy is a complete idiot. I can not watch anything he is on. He is awful.

Darcy is just a fair, non biased person in the media. Not enough of them anymore.

Lets see, you have the following

- Tim Watson - no explanation needed
- Andrew Welsh - as above
- Mark McVeigh - as above
- Luke Darcy - "James Hird is under more pressure than anyone.. EVER!!"
- Leigh Matthews - "What did they do wrong??"

Darcy is a complete idiot. I can not watch anything he is on. He is awful.

So all forms of media should have exactly the same opinion.

And going by your outstanding synopsis what happened to Darcy and Matthews ?

Maybe we should have wind up robots on TV, who say the same thing - We could even integrate this with the test pattern.

Channel 7 have far greater issues to address, than their reporting of the Supplements saga.

You are on the right site if you want to hear the same opinions regurgitated a million times - Your just in the wrong forum.

And it's people like you who want to discuss the supplements saga in every forum thread on BF - We have a board that is dedicated for this discussion - And you sound like Caro - Article from last Friday - let's discuss footy and the finals, but then dedicate 50 to 70% of the article to the supplements sage.

There are many great things that happen in AFL footy - Let's discuss them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Talking Footy returns

Remove this Banner Ad

Back